Holding the Heights - Mission #8 - AAR

Open beta forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Holding the Heights - Mission #8 - AAR

Post by Old_Warrior »

Played this one out rather quickly did ok.

Did not take out all Crocs. We need to know how many there are in the game. Please have the UI display a counter (x/y). I think that there were three. I knocked off two of them and came close to taking out a third.

Thought that this was one of the easier missions in the module. The AI never penetrated beyond the village (unlike the last three missions ....).

I held 3 of 5 objectives at the end of the game. The ACH star was shown at end of mission. It was the only ACH I achieved.

Now to the bad part ... the bombardments are really way too much. I think that Iain has yet to review this one I guess. In my missions he had me remove them as he says that the customers have complained about them. While I think that they are historical I also think that they are bit too powerful.

Someone needs to come up with a Bombardment special action that is similar to the Wespe-GER/Priest-US. The Artillery Bombardment SA is just too much for our missions. Any chance of this happening for this module? I may have missed it but I didn't note the Priests firing much. I knocked off two of the three I noted on the map.

Another point: I think that too many Firefly tanks are being added to the missions. The British tanks have pretty good armor. Adding in three to four Fireflies may be a bit much. I knocked out two of them ...

Another nice map. Would like to see a long map mission for a change for the defender.

See my post "General Comments" for more thoughts on the missions.

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”