Problem installing Legions Triumphant

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Problem installing Legions Triumphant

Post by Rodia »

I'm trying to reinstall Field of Glory original (not the Unity version) on a new computer.

The Legions Triumphant file I download in MY PAGE from Slitherine or Matrix games sites always gives me a "Launcher error - Failed to read setup engine".

Any fix for this, please?
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Problem installing Legions Triumphant

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Rodia, don't waste your time asking Slitherine questions about this game, they have given up on it. As to your question, this has been a problem for well over a year and Slitherine has done nothing about it. I too have experienced this. The only workaround I have found is to install the unity version, then download the Legions Triumphant to the Unity version. Then go to where you have installed the Unity version of the game, copy the Legions Triumphant .exe file there and paste it into where you have installed the original Fog. Then open/run the.exe and it should work. Hope this helps.
Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rodia »

Thank you, Alex, and sorry for the delay answering: Didn't notice your reply until today.

I'm going to try your solution.

It's a pity the lack of support, cause the old Field of Glory has still its charm!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Rodia wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:36 pm I'm trying to reinstall Field of Glory original (not the Unity version) on a new computer.

The Legions Triumphant file I download in MY PAGE from Slitherine or Matrix games sites always gives me a "Launcher error - Failed to read setup engine".

Any fix for this, please?
For installing any of the expansions, you only need to have the base game installed (Field of Glory) and updated with the last patch (1.8.1). The patch is embedded with all the expansions.
Once the update is installed please do the following:

1. Double click the Field of Glory game icon (launcher) in the desktop
2. Click the "Serials…" button
3. Select the expansion pack you wish to unlock
4. Enter serial number for expansion pack
5. Select "Enter Serial"
6. Repeat the steps for each expansion you might have
Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rodia »

VPaulus wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:13 pm For installing any of the expansions, you only need to have the base game installed (Field of Glory) and updated with the last patch (1.8.1). The patch is embedded with all the expansions.
Once the update is installed please do the following:

1. Double click the Field of Glory game icon (launcher) in the desktop
2. Click the "Serials…" button
3. Select the expansion pack you wish to unlock
4. Enter serial number for expansion pack
5. Select "Enter Serial"
6. Repeat the steps for each expansion you might have
That worked, silly me. Thank you very much, VPaulus.

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”