Problem running second copy of FoG

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Najanaja
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Problem running second copy of FoG

Post by Najanaja » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:48 am

Computer failed spectacularly a few days back and I lost everything including the installed FoG program and the download file.

So I bought another download (didn't take the extended download option originally). This second download was bought from Matrix (cheaper) whereas the first was from Slitherine.

After some difficulty I got the program installed and updated to v 1.02. However, I can't log on to continue my multiplayer games.

Error message follows

NullPointerException
1.0.2 2009 12 16
{}
uiplayer.s.LoginWindow.blnHandleCommand b o uiplayer.s.LoginWindow o uiplayer.Command
uiplayer.htk.GraphicsArea.blnHandleCommand b o uiplayer.htk.GraphicsArea o uiplayer.Command
uiplayer.Command.Dispatch o uiplayer.Command
uiplayer.Command.Enqueue o uiplayer.Command
uiplayer.Command.ParseAndEnqueue s
uiplayer.htk.TButtonImp.MouseUp o uiplayer.htk.TButtonImp i4i4
uiplayer.htk.TWindowImp.MouseUp o uiplayer.htk.TWindowImp i4i4
uiplayer.htk.GraphicsArea.Event MouseUp o uiplayer.htk.GraphicsArea i4i4
Delegate.Invoke
Application. CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling o Application p
Main
main

Thanks

Robert

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Arminus

you should not have had to buy another copy - just go to www.findmyorder.com to look it up. Even without extended download you have it for a couple of months.

Can you make a backup of the original installer to CD or somewhere safe so you have it for the future. You can always get your serial number back.

You will need to be at v1.03 to play multiplayer. Can you upgrade to this and see if it helps? Also, what username and password are you trying to log in with. Your old serial number will be linked to your account so it may have all gotten a little confused when you tried to use a new one.

Najanaja

Post by Najanaja » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 am

I tried to re-download the original game but was refused - you only get 1 month unless you buy the extended download.

When I try to patch up to v 1.03, I get a message saying the game is fully updated.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:43 am

When you run the game what version number do you see on the main menu in the bottom corner?

Najanaja

Post by Najanaja » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:57 am

Version is 1.02

It seems that there are two problems -

1. I can't log on to multiplayer because the program sees that I now have more than one serial number (I get a message to that effect). So is it possible to reset my account to the new serial number and delete the first one?

2. I can't update to version 1.03 - can't really see why.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Are you sure you are downloading the 1.03 patch? What is the file name of the file you are trying to install. Are you sure it is installing to the correct location - check teh default directory is where teh game actually is and then try again?

The easiest thing is probably to uninstall everything and re-install the game with your old serial number. This way all your current games and stats will be preserved. If you use a new serial number all your history will be lost as it is linked to the serial number.

If you need a reminder of your serial number go to www.findmyorder.com to look it up.

If anyone else has problems let us know before you go and buy a new copy :)

Najanaja

Post by Najanaja » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 pm

OK I've got the game updated to 1.03 by downloading the file directly rather than going through the game update screen.

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it trying to use my first serial. This is not accepted - I have to use the new serial to get the install to run.

However, when it comes to the update I have to use the old serial.

I still can't log on to multiplayer because the program sees that I have more than one serial

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Ahh I see - you only have the Matrix installer which only accepts your new serial number that we issued to Matrix. OK, let me think about how we can sort this out.... it is an unusual mess!

Can you send an e-mail to info@slitherine.co.uk about the problem so I have your e-mail address and can reply to you individually!

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”