Another bugged multiplayer game.

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Another bugged multiplayer game.

Post by deeter »

Hello,

This time it is the Trebbia scenario from the map pack versus Triarius's Romans with 27/32 bps. I'm at 30/34 bps and set up for several rear attacks that could win the game. But, once again none of my people can move except for one slinger! I hope Hexwar fixes this bug in time for the expansion. I've seen it in several different scenarios, usually in a tight game, and it's very frustrating to lose a game because you can't give orders.

I've not ended my turn yet, in case a developer wants to look at it and find the bug.

Deeter
Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Ironclad »

Another option would be for you to use Ctrl Alt Delete to exit the program via Task Manager (if using Windows) and that should allow you to restart your turn over again.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Plese leave the bug open and mail the details to info@slitherine.co.uk and we'll hopefully find & fix it.
deeter

Post by deeter »

Don't think force quitting would help as I already started fighting before realising the awful truth.

I have forwarded the above post to Ian's link. Thanks. How will I know if it's fixed?

Deeter
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'll let you know when we have downloaded it and tested it. I doubt we can fix it in your game but hopefully we can stop it happening again.
deeter

Post by deeter »

No problem. There will be other games. Here's to finding and killing this bug for good.

Deeter
Najanaja
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Najanaja »

I've just encountered this problem for the first time in Agricola Moves North vs Lascar. Haven't played the scenario before.

As far as I can tell, all of my units that moved last turn are fixed in place. However, units that moved subsequently in my opponents turn (ie evaders) can move normally. Missile units that moved in my previous turn but did not fire can fire in this turn but not move.

Hope this helps

Arminius
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Can you leve the game as it is and we'll investiagte.
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

You might want to look at the same scenario (Agricola) vs geordietaf. Some weird stuff happening there too
Arminius
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Could you be more specific? :)
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

Program "thinks" all enemy units are routed (they're not) and wont let me attack. Program wont let me complete my turn because I still have units that must attack (the ones that are mistakenly identified as routed).

So essentially the game says I must attack; when I try to do this I can't because I'm told the unit I want to attack is routed.
Telex
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Telex »

I just ran into the same bug - Lylibaeum vs Scar (Pyrrhics). I can fight existing melees and shoot, but can't move anyone except some infantry on my left flank (the African Spearmen), General Hamilcar, and one unit of Iberian Scutarii. Possibly these are units I didn't move during my last turn.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'll ask Keith to let you know when he has looked at these.
keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith »

Apologies to anyone with this issue but we are trying very hard to build a fix into the next update. So while there is a delay is does mean that you should be able to continue these games.
Keith

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”