Modding units - single files

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Modding units - single files

Post by Hoplite1963 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi
I have been trying to create some alternative units-single files for the game, both with a view to creating alternative images for existing troops, and also as the first stage of a more extensive modding experiment. However, while my first attempts a couple of weeks ago worked okay more recently, the alternative files always crashed the game. I have ensured that the files are in PNG format, and that they are no larger than the files they are replacing. I have also ensured that the images have been flattened before being loaded into the game.

Is there anything else I should have taken into account here, and are there any hard and fast rules that need to be obeyed when creating files of this type. Your comments and help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Ian

jamespcrowley
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by jamespcrowley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Ian

Check your PMs

Cheers

Jim

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi, Its not that easy. We use a program that figures out all the 'empty/white' space in a PNG to centre the images in the game. Keith

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply is there any chance that Slitherine would make the units/single files any more moddable say allowing us to replace them with 80 by 80 pixel BMP files. The miniatures are great on the field of battle but more conventional unit portraits at the bottom of the screen would be more to the taste of many and those that did not want to change could stick to the images that are there right now.

Many thanks
Ian

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”