Can't update my copy of field of glory

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

cptkremmen
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Can't update my copy of field of glory

Post by cptkremmen »

I have been playing Battlefield Academy a lot and have never had any problems with the updater on that.

I have field of glory and seem to be at whaterver came before 1.33? as the updater tries to download

fieldofglory-update-comp-v133.exe from update3.matrixgames.com

downloading at about 200KB/sec but i can leave it downloading all day, nothing ever happens. Estimated time remaining stays at zero and the progress bar stays blank.

Anyone got any good ideas?

Andy Watkins (CptKremmen)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having probelms. Are you having problems downloading the patch installer file 1.3.3 or downloading the update in game?

If you patch to 1.3.3 with the installer it has an improved in game updater that makes downloading future updates in game much more reliable.
cptkremmen

Post by cptkremmen »

i have not played for quite a while. Looking at the help text in the game it only seems to have patch notes up to about 1.2.5

I was trying the in game installer this does not seem keen to work.

found a thread stickied at the top of the forum about patching problems. I am downloading a 413 meg 1.2.8 file. I thought i had a later version than that already, but it looks as though i do not. This may fix the problem, but downloading very slowly, so will try it later tonight.
cptkremmen

Post by cptkremmen »

1.2.8 worked and is downloading 1.2.9 now.

not sure about the expansion i bought, that might need reinstalling? or will that be ok. It was the medieval 100 years war one i bought not the roman one.

Andy
cptkremmen

Post by cptkremmen »

seems to be all up to date now

Ta

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”