[NAB] rev1042 [Graphics] Field of view missing

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

[NAB] rev1042 [Graphics] Field of view missing

Post by Cablenexus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 pm

In the current build my archers for example don't have their field of view displayed anymore with a yellow triangle. In FOG(RB) there was a shady color for their movement range and a yellow triangle for showing their field of view. This is gone for me completely in FOG(U).

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: [NAB] rev1042 [Graphics] Field of view missing

Post by cothyso » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:37 pm

This problem was presented in Beta Bugs Reports forum's _[BUG] rev1030 [GUI] No field of view thread, and was already responded a few times in the beta forum.

This is not a bug.

The Preferences menu has toggles for both leader BGs' command radius (light yellow colored hexes) and skirmisher BGs shooting arcs (light red colored hexes). They can also be activated via the . and , keyboard shortcuts too.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm

cothyso wrote:This problem was presented in Beta Bugs Reports forum's _[BUG] rev1030 [GUI] No field of view thread, and was already responded a few times in the beta forum.

This is not a bug.

The Preferences menu has toggles for both leader BGs' command radius (light yellow colored hexes) and skirmisher BGs shooting arcs (light red colored hexes). They can also be activated via the . and , keyboard shortcuts too.
Yes I see this but it's not what I mean. I mean the small triangle yellow line used to preview the field of view for archers in the old version.

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:43 pm

The FoG(RB)'s yellow triangle was not a field of view ( think you actually might mean a line of sight instead, but that (if there was any, as I do not remember) should have been a line, not a triangle), but a ranged combat shooting arc for ranged weapons shooting only through their front area hexes.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 pm

cothyso wrote:The FoG(RB)'s yellow triangle was not a field of view ( think you actually might mean a line of sight instead, but that (if there was any, as I do not remember) should have been a line, not a triangle), but a ranged combat shooting arc for ranged weapons shooting only through their front area hexes.
This is the triangle I miss.

https://goo.gl/photos/7b5vyoejHZacedhD8

As you can see in the posted screen comparisson there are multiple features taken away from the game and for me as a newcomer the new game is impossible to learn to play and to enjoy.

- Textures not showing correctly.
- No presentation of unit images in game interface and DAG (reason why I actually bought this game).
- Multiple text missing with info about unit status so know idea for a newcomer what means "e AU 2" for example.
- Terrain info missing when mousing over terrain.
- Shadows and transparancy ingame is very blocky compared to the smooth anti aliased textures in the old FOG.
- Objects and miniatures very pixelated (not only when zooming in but also when zooming out).
- Manual is complety outdated for the game.
- Some button have still "beta" mouse over info on mouseover (for example the expand button for the UI).
- UI is made for Ipad but for PC buttons are way to big and detailed combat info take almost 25% of the screen.
- Movement and following other units is way too fast or way too slow, there is nothing between.
- Unity quality settings, anti aliasing and transparancy and shadows don't work.

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”