[NAB] rev 1042 [Menu] Screen Resolution

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

notjustdon
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

[NAB] rev 1042 [Menu] Screen Resolution

Post by notjustdon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:08 am

Hi,

I,m running in screen res 1028x768 which I have been for years with no problem. The original fog ran fine with it but the new fog(u) I have an issue with in that when going on to the army list to build an army a lot of the column headings are compressed in width so not allowing you to read the heading properly. Is this due to the screen resolution or is their a setting of some kind to be able to adjust this?

Kind Regards

Notjustdon

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: [NAB] rev 1042 [Menu] Screen Resolution

Post by cothyso » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:23 am

The minimum supported resolution is 1024x600, and the game will just run at that resolution, but some parts of the interface will become crowded. The recommended resolution for FoG(U) is 1280x720 and above.

I will try at some point to optimize the DAG Editor GUI, but there's no magical way fitting all that info on a so tiny screen-size.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:29 am

If possible can screenshot the old and new version so Dan is clear how it used to look as it must be possible if it used to work.

notjustdon
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by notjustdon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am

Well I've been playing fog for over a year, so I know what it looks like. The problem is that you have increased the font size in fog-u and hence the reason for the text to be squashed up in the columns. I had no problem with it before. The other answer of course is to get a more up to date monitor that supports the higher screen resolution, but that in turn increases the cost of this great pc game to silly amounts, or bring out a patch to change the font size back to what it was!
For me the launch of the game is to soon as it is still along way from being the finished article. The other side of that argument is that we all get to be play testers and any bugs or irregularities can be found that much quicker and so will speed up the final package.

Cheers
Notjustdon

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:54 am

OK Dan will need to look at font size on lower resolutions to make it fit.

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”