Get you scenarios published!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Get you scenarios published!

Post by keithmartinsmith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm

There are some great scenario’s being posted to this forum. Many do get posted and re-posted as the scenario designers update their scenarios with the latest graphics as we publish new D.A.G. army lists. We want to publish the very best of these user generated scenario’s as part of future D.A.G. packs and/or as separate battle pack expansions from Slitherine. If you would like to see your scenario published please complete the following details and send them and the attached scenario to keith@hexwar.com. If your scenario is selected for publication by Slitherine then you will be give a voucher code entitling you to a free copy of the add-on in which your scenario is published. If you have previously sent a scenario to Keith then please do send the latest version again along with the completed form.

YOUR FOG FORUM USER NAME:
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS:
SCENARIO NAME:
NOTES [Any other information such as only let the AI player play side one, no free deployment option etc):

I understand that by submitting this information to Slitherine Ltd. I agree to allow them to publish the attached scenario as part of any Field of Glory product. Should this scenario be published Slitherine Ltd you will be rewarded a free copy of the add-on in which your scenario is published and you will be credited as the scenario author in any relevant documentation.
YOUR NAME:

MORE THAN ONE PUBLISHED SCENARION IN ONE ADD-ON?
Nothing formal yet but we will find something extra for you.

CUSTOM BATTLE GROUPS
Soon to be published will be the instructions for your to create custom battle groups in FOG and go well beyond the current 1,043 built into the system.

Your name will be published as part of the scenario credits. No other personal information will be published.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for posting this proposition, great incentive to get ones frontal lobes dirty to creat nice scenarios.

?
The guide i assume will give expicit info on what the effects of differnt weapon /unit combos and some of the other values one sees (but noone knows what they do) that are availbale in the editor. The prime example would be mixed battle groups where you dont even know if the weapons you are adding have any effect in game since they dont appear to hold in the editor but can only be seen/tetsed when the scenario is played (what i am refering to is when you add missle slots to a heavy infanty battle group to attempt and create a mixed unit)

Cheers!

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 am

This is a great idea and I certainly will be submitting some of my scenarios to you in the future.

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:59 am

I am new here - what files do we need to send and where are they found?

This is a great game - cannot wait for a PC version of the REN game to come out too.

GaiusMarius
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GaiusMarius » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 am

Dear Keith,

can you please give an update about instructions for creating custom battle groups?

cheers

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:44 pm

While this is nice and it's an honor to be part of the process I also think that a voucher code for a FUTURE product is better. If we put together a scenario for a product we already have what benefit is that to us? But just commenting on the reward side of things. I guess we could give it to a friend.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Old_Warrior wrote:While this is nice and it's an honor to be part of the process I also think that a voucher code for a FUTURE product is better. If we put together a scenario for a product we already have what benefit is that to us? But just commenting on the reward side of things. I guess we could give it to a friend.

I think what they mean is you will get a voucher for the next expansion pack that come out... (there appear to be 8 more to go)

On a side note keith , any word on the instructions for creating custom battle groups?

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:17 pm

"If your scenario is selected for publication by Slitherine then you will be give a voucher code entitling you to a free copy of the add-on in which your scenario is published."

Then this sentence needs to be amended right? "in which your scenario is published ..."

frankpowerful
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Get you scenarios published!

Post by frankpowerful » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 am

[quote="keithmartinsmith"] If your scenario is selected for publication by Slitherine then you will be give a voucher code entitling you to a free copy of the add-on in which your scenario is published. quote]

Keith, as you well know, i'm still waiting for a valid key to Eternal Empire and the way how to download it and, sincerely, i'm beginning to feel cheated :x
as i told you, i never had problems when buying the games, i don't see why it has become suddenly impossible now that i'm entitled to a free copy.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 am

These have all been sent out as far as I know so will check with Keith. I'm sure its just a misunderstanding or errant mail. Sorry for the delay.

frankpowerful
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by frankpowerful » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 am

iainmcneil wrote:These have all been sent out as far as I know so will check with Keith. I'm sure its just a misunderstanding or errant mail. Sorry for the delay.
iain, it's not a matter of delay...i got a key, but it doesn't work

Examinondas
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Examinondas » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Out of curiosity (because I'm not really interested in this expansion :)) - should I expect an ETE key?

I got a key when one of my scenarios was included in a previous expansion. Now it looks like ETE includes another two (Lucena and Cocherel*), so...?

---
* I actually don't know if these are my scenarios or someone else's, because the name of the scenario designer is only included in the scenario description, which can't be read unless you buy the expansion pack... Anyway, I submitted scenarios for both battles around the last Christmas holidays.

frankpowerful
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by frankpowerful » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:18 am

iainmcneil wrote:These have all been sent out as far as I know so will check with Keith. I'm sure its just a misunderstanding or errant mail. Sorry for the delay.
still waiting for my free copy of ETE :evil:

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”