Battle of Alarcos 1195 AD

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Battle of Alarcos 1195 AD

Post by ZeaBed » Sat May 16, 2015 7:58 pm

emilianojimenez wrote:Congratulations for your successful explanation of the batalla de Alarcos.
Thank you. The 'devil is in the details' in reproducing these battles as FoG scenarios. There's a lot of information, much more than I originally imagined, on many of these. Alarcos and Tarifa (Rio Salado) are two good examples of the abundance of primary sources and dedicated researchers who have written extensively and with penetration on these historical battles. If I got anything right with Alarcos is because I stood on the shoulders of giants, to paraphrase Sir Isaac. :wink:
Last edited by ZeaBed on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZeaBed

Post by ZeaBed » Wed May 20, 2015 6:37 pm

emilianojimenez wrote:Congratulations for your successful explanation of the batalla de Alarcos.
And btw, welcome to FoG, emilianojimenez. That is, unless you're an older regular member signing in under a different registration.

emilianojimenez
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by emilianojimenez » Mon May 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello from Spain (Barcelona. Catalonia).
I am a historian and amateur to the military history. Is my first intervention in these debates.

ZeaBed

Post by ZeaBed » Mon May 25, 2015 6:56 pm

emilianojimenez wrote:Hello from Spain (Barcelona. Catalonia).
I am a historian and amateur to the military history. Is my first intervention in these debates.
You're very welcome then. We have the historian thing in common. And this is the right place to view history from the gaming experience. Or gaming from the history experience. The update version of FoG that we've been anticipating will no doubt make it even more interesting in future.

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”