Chariotfest

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Edmund_Blackadder
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Chariotfest

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

Londo wins both games and iandavidsmith wins on 'goal difference'. So both the Carthaginian armies fail at the last. And Londo is saved from being Carthaginianed to death!

The Chariotfest final is iandavidsmith (Classical Indian) versus Londo (Kyrenean (Later))

Paired games as before, should be an interesting contest.
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Edmund_Blackadder wrote:Londo wins both games and iandavidsmith wins on 'goal difference'. So both the Carthaginian armies fail at the last. And Londo is saved from being Carthaginianed to death!

The Chariotfest final is iandavidsmith (Classical Indian) versus Londo (Kyrenean (Later))

Paired games as before, should be an interesting contest.
Well Mollari , guess its just you and me !

Challenge posted

Password = narn

Good Luck
Edmund_Blackadder

Do we have a result in the final yet?
Londo
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Londo »

We have one result ...

Londo (Kyrenean Greeks) 13/48 def Ian (Indians) 52/49

On a very open map, the Greek steamroller flattened the Indians, with Greek chariots and lancers being particularly deadly.

The reverse game is underway, on an equally open map, and so far is proceeding in exactly the same fashion. The victor's laurels will go to whichever of us is more efficient at massacring Indians!
Londo

Post by Londo »

And here's the final result ...

Londo (Indians) 34/49 def Ian (Kyrenean Greeks) 47/43

I maximised the mobility of the Indian army, taking as many cavalry as I could - Indian cavalry is wretched, but at least cheap and mobile. The field commander was chariot-mounted, and held all the chariots in close vicinity as a reserve. Otherwise, the army was as spread out as possible. I just hoped I could pounce opportunistically on any Greek units that were weakened or out of position.

The battle was fought on a flat plain. Early on, it looked as if it would be a re-run of the previous match, with Greeks bulldozing Indians across the board. But some units on the Greek right became weakened, and I moved all the chariots and cavalry to that flank, leaving the Greek left with almost nothing in front of them.

The critical turning-point was the death of the Greek inspired general in a chariot-vs-chariot fight - a fitting way to end this tourney! Hoplites became much easier to disrupt with archery after that, and their right soon collapsed.

Thanks to Ian, to the other players, and most of all to Lord Blackadder for running this fun, innovative tourney! :D
Edmund_Blackadder

Congratulations Londo on victory in the chariot wars. Thanks to everybody on making it an enjoyable and not-too-serious distraction. What is a fitting award for the champion charioteer? The rusty spoke award perhaps? Or the squeaky axle cup? Commiserations to Ian on falling at the last. But it sounds like it was a heroic end!

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”