WHO’S LEFT?

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

WHO’S LEFT?

Post by fogman »

For a host of reasons, I’m not playing FOG 2 yet. Just want to know who’s still around here to see if I can organize something.
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: WHO’S LEFT?

Post by iandavidsmith »

I am , still getting my head around FOG 2 , FoG RB will always be on my hard drive !
Ian
TDefender
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by TDefender »

I'm not particulary excited about FoG 2 gameplay, although I'm not a very skilled player you may count on my presence here if needed .
Last edited by TDefender on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enakan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Enakan »

I'll be sticking with this 1.8.1 version too.
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

i’ve been monitoring the FOG 2 forum and there are issues there that will keep me off for the foreseeable future, at least until most of the expansions come out. stay tuned for a coming event.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

Still here and still playing!! :D 8)
Edmund_Blackadder

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

I'm taking a late adopter approach to FOG2 (waiting to hear what others think of it before trying it), but it looks like a different game rather than an improvement of FOG1. As such I don't expect the majority of people to actually stop playing FOG1.
The FOG1 forum is quieter as it has become less easy to find at the same time as attention focuses on discussion of FOG2. But there are still a fair number of games going on.
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

It should not be named FoG 2: it's clearly an ancient warfare evolution of P&S saga. Several FoG's gameplay mechanics have been cut off, officially for "design decisions" but it's clear that it's all about the different engine. It's not a bad game: interface and graphics are amazing, maybe on of the best looking game from Slitherine/Matrix distribution so far, playing vs ai is definitely more interesting (but becouse the gameplay has been streamlined) but the multiplayer experience is definitely "downgraded". Simply more expansions won't "save the day" for me. Too bad. :(
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Right now I’m on a Mac laptop and I’m not going to buy a windows copy and a windows emulator just to play one game. Second, I played P&S extensively for a while (my ’Sweden’s high noon’ and ‘La Furia Francese’ trilogies attest to my familiarity with the system) but it was always unsatisfying (the square grid has something to do with it). Obviously FOG 2 is an evolution of P&S like you said. FOG 2 is also now a 3D engine which I don’t like, long loading time and such... A fast moving, reliable and immensely fun game like FOG 1, without the minutiae that people are arguing about on the FOG2 forum, is still the best bet for me who don’t have much time.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Hello. I still play FOG 1, but I have never played multiplayer. Pardon my ignorance, but can someone give me a brief on how to do this? Would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Hi Guys! Remember me?

After a reasonably lengthy breaking in period I'm now a FOGII convert. Like all games there are going to be people trying to find something to bitch about. Don't let them put you off. It is a great improvement on FOG1 and it DOES still play and feel like FOG. Like a lot of you I've played ancients on the table from 7th Edition through to FOG. There have been problems and good points with all versions. When new versions came out some stayed with 7th Edition (even 6th), some stayed with DBM etc. but the vast majority moved to FOG TT. As the older versions didn't attract a critical mass they eventually died out. It is the same with the computer version. If you want to enjoy a good feel ancient battle against large numbers of opponents of varying skill levels FOGII is the place to be. The Digital League is back and there are also a number of fantastic campaigns being run. Some good, some bad. Don't be put off by the negative comments. Come and give it a proper trial. I'm not a Slitherine agent or employee but genuinely would like to play you guys again in FOGII which I know you will enjoy. I'm so certain I'm willing to accept bets of 10 to 1 on!

Rgrds
Martin aka Cunningcairn
Edmund_Blackadder

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

AlexDetrojan wrote:Hello. I still play FOG 1, but I have never played multiplayer. Pardon my ignorance, but can someone give me a brief on how to do this? Would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
Hi Alex,
Just click on the Multiplayer tab and it will ask you for your login [username] and password.
Once logged in, go onto the Accept a Challenge tab and choose one of the open games (at the top without a padlock). Just accept the game and (depending on whether you win initiative) it will ask you to deploy and if you win initiative it will ask you to select the terrain.
If there are no open games, you can set one up by using the Issue a challenge tab. Choose Issue D A G Challenge and it will ask you which army you want to use from those you have set up already. Most people prefer to click the Fog of War and Double move options, but it is your choice.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks Edmund.

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”