Imperium Campaign

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Imperium Campaign

Post by Praeter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 am

I think it might be best to stick to one version for the remainder of the campaign possibly? Just seems cleaner that way. Happy to use FoG 2 though if that's what people would like to do. Although I suppose the army selection will be more limited to start with.

Ironclad
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Ironclad » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks for all the comments so far.

After further reflection I've concluded its not appropriate to combine FOG 1 and 2 battles as there is no way to guarantee that the different percentage levels required would be equivalent. Also another option of using FOG 2 exclusively in this campaign wouldn't be reasonable at this stage. This leaves the options of continuing to the end with FOG 1 or accepting the reality that most if not all of us are already committing to FOG 2 and that the campaign is best wound up with the winner going to the holder of most war points.

Btw for clarity the rules state that victory is defined as "military domination represented by control of more than half of the territories or failing that the player who finishes with the greatest number of war points wins."

ulysisgrunt
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by ulysisgrunt » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 pm

The flags fold.....
The banners fade........
It's probably time to move to the new platform.

I will, however, continue to play if it is continued.
Many thanks

Danny Weitz
What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

majandro
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by majandro » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 am

Ironclad wrote:YEAR 7 EARLY AUTUMN

Four battles this season involving one re-invasion and the other three being fought for the enemy capital concerned as the culmination of the year’s campaign. Success in a capital battle (where the defender will choose the terrain and so issue the challenge) will see the fall of that capital and conquest of the territory. Although in the case of the one battle being fought for a major power’s capital (Realm of Baal) this would require also a successful siege which I would resolve by die roll with any appropriate weightings.

I have taken the liberty of drafting Mikemarchant as well as Praeter again to battle commands as their regular forces are inactive; hope thats alright.

Battle line-up report and latest map are on the usual link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qwt0i0fxx0ou ... YEnEf5Ex6a

A tense time awaits – good fortune and happy bloodfests.

PS In updating I noticed an error in the previously posted Year 7 Late Summer map which did not reflect the summer battle outcome in Realm of Baal. Accordingly for clarification I’m including a corrected version of the map for Late Summer with the latest one for Early Autumn in the upload link.
Still waiting for Mike to set up the game

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks Majandro. Maybe its just as well you haven't started the match in view of the above discussion prompted by me on whether its sensible to end the campaign now given most if not all of us have gravitated towards FOG 2. Any views?

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Ironclad wrote:Thanks Majandro. Maybe its just as well you haven't started the match in view of the above discussion prompted by me on whether its sensible to end the campaign now given most if not all of us have gravitated towards FOG 2. Any views?
The Sophene 3rd corp is driving on the capitol, Ianoppolis now, fierce resistance... issue still in doubt yet the troops are confidant

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:49 pm

The enemy host has been broken 38/38 to 24/47. The siege has begun.

Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 pm

I'd be happy to continue, but if you want to stop I think good to finish the year first.

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Agreed, my thoughts were premature. Much tidier to complete the current set of battles to finish autumn and round up stuff for the winter to end the year and take stock. At that point there are three (maybe call it 2.5) possibilities.

1. We end it with the winner having the highest WPs.
2. We carry on using FOG 1 until a player reachers the territorial victory target (more than half the territories gained)
3 (or 2.5) We end it and start a new campaign using my Imperium 2 rules modified for FOG 2 use. Frankly I'm not sure how I feel about starting up a new campaign(with more demanding rules) immediately after this one finishes. A year ago I would have said yes instantly, now I feel less committed. Added to which it looks like plenty of other FOG 2 campaigns are appearing unlike the last couple of years when my Imperium campaign was the only one in town. Of course you folks may want a break too and try out some of those other campaigns.

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 am

The realm of Baal , defeats the Army of Odrysiem and lay siege to its capital
Perhaps in the dire straits that its own capital is in a the moment Lord Baal might
relocate to this palace :-D

Ptolemaic (IDS) 26/42 defeats Thracian (Praeter) 61/60
Thanks for the game ,

Ian

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:23 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:The enemy host has been broken 38/38 to 24/47. The siege has begun.
Cogratulations, further laurels for Sophene as its determined troops besiege the great capital Carthagol of The Realm of Baal.
Last edited by Ironclad on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:30 pm

iandavidsmith wrote:The realm of Baal , defeats the Army of Odrysiem and lay siege to its capital
Perhaps in the dire straits that its own capital is in a the moment Lord Baal might
relocate to this palace :-D

Ptolemaic (IDS) 26/42 defeats Thracian (Praeter) 61/60
Thanks for the game ,

Ian
Congratulations a great victory for the Baallites, Even more so than their over enthusiastic engineers imagine, who set out siege lines that are unnecessary. The city of Lysimach being a minor capital does not require a siege - battle defeat is enough to see it fall to the brave conquering troops. A consolation indeed given the havoc being wreaked on their precious homeland and a possible refuge and continuation of the Realm of Baal if the worst should occur there.

iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:32 am

?

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Waiting for 2 more battle outcomes. I suspect FOG 2 is proving, as expected, a strong counter-attraction. Recognise the feeling myself.

Btw if you haven't seen it there is a map of my possible next campaign "Wars of Thesium" on the Fog 2 forum. (This replaces the planned Imperium 2).

iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 am

Ironclad wrote:Waiting for 2 more battle outcomes. I suspect FOG 2 is proving, as expected, a strong counter-attraction. Recognise the feeling myself.

Btw if you haven't seen it there is a map of my possible next campaign "Wars of Thesium" on the Fog 2 forum. (This replaces the planned Imperium 2).
Had a look and will join if there is room.
Ian

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 am

THE IMPERIUM CAMPAIGN IS ENDING

Thanks guys for your interest, battles and campaigning commitment that has made this a enjoyable one to GM. At the time of posting two of this season's battle results are still outstanding - even if they were in I guess we have reached a natural plateau. The arrival of Fog 2 has seen a number of new campaigns and tournaments started which is no surprise after the long frustrating delays waiting for the arrival of Fog Unity and the difficulties when it finally appeared. Equally no surprise that Fog 2 is attracting all current interest - a tendency likely to increase with the 2018 digital league.

I suspect the winner of our campaign is hardly news given results so far but for completeness I will report on the battle's outcomes for this autumn including a certain siege which determines if a second conquest is achieved this season. Nice for the campaign to finish on a high note. So you can expect a final announcement with these details and the all important name of the winner, and winning details.

A number of you have expressed an interest in Wars of Thesium, my next possible campaign which would use Fog 2. After putting out a thread taster including a draft map I have continued to refine it and the rules so its quite close to being completed and ready for release if I proceed with it. With all the other campaigns ongoing and the digital league starting its not an ideal time to launch a new campaign so useful to have some regulars on hand to flesh out the ranks if required.

Thanks again to you all and I will try to get the final report out shortly.

Happy New Year.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks for all your work on this Ironclad. Look forward to continuing the struggle in Thesium.

iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks Ironclad , the longest Campaign in FOG history i think !
I'm in for Thesium as well , cheers Ian

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks guys.I keep tinkering with the rules and map whilst pondering a possible/best start date for Thesium.

And here is the final report for Imperium.

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 pm

IMPERIUM CAMPAIGN FINAL REPORT - YEAR 7 LATE AUTUMN

Thanks guys. The battles reported for this final season were climatic ones. Iandavidsmith’s victory in Odryseum meant the fall of the capital Lysimach (no siege being required as its a minor state) and thus Odyrseum is conquered by the Baalites. A critical conquest as it ensured that the Baalites remained with territory at the end of the season.

The other battle saw their homeland the Realm of Baal fall to Sophene’s forces under TheGrayMouser after his battle victory outside the capital and the successful prosecution of the siege of that capital Carthagol.

Final report and map are on the usual link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qwt0i0fxx0ou ... YEnEf5Ex6a

Congratulations to TGM and IDS on their conquests.

As the campaign is ended this season after seven years of battles the victor is the holder of the most War Points.
So many congratulations to the victor TheGrayMouser as his winning score reflects his success across the campaign which saw his conquest of two states and one power in addition to retaining his Sophene homeland.

Thanks to all of you who participated and happy campaigning in the future and until we next meet up.

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”