Re: To Tame a Land Redux!

Post by Tiavals »

Strange that I missed that.
macsen
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by macsen »

The lord macsen has defeated the lord phlewis in a most epic battle. The Bulgars and their Byzantine allies faced the Komnenan knights with great resolution, dispatching several with poor med foot ltsp :shock: and sacking their camp to clinch a very very very close battle. Bulgars 34/38, Komnenan's 31/30 I really have no idea about commanders :?: , I will have to start writing it down. I think my cav commander routed off the field and could only see one of phlewis commanders left on the field. Hopefully he has a better idea.

macsen
phlewis
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by phlewis »

I believe I had two commanders rout off the field.
phlewis

Post by phlewis »

For a while there I was winning. Must remember Varangians fight infantry Knights fight mounted. The poor Varangians were very frustrated during the last half of the battle running around trying to catch cavalry.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

iandavidsmith: Umayyad Arab 36/36
batesmotel: Nikephorian Byzantine(early) 32/39

The invading Byzantines finally eked out a narrow victory against the defending Umayyads after getting off to a bad start. Each army massed the weight of their lancers on their left. The Byzantine left collapsed fairly quickly under the Arab attack while the Arab right put up a sterned fight including routing some of the Byzantine lancers. This left the Byzantine poor HF center facing the much stronger Arab center but fortunately the Byzantines were able to withdraw quickly enough to avoid too many loses to the stronger Arab center of average spears and Dailami. Once the Arab right flank succumbed to the Byzantine attack the tide started to turn. Assisted by the Arabs chasing Byzantine Flankers to their camp which the flankersw cleverly looted immediately, the tide finally turned although the battle remained in doubt until the very end. Thanks to Iandavidsmith for a great game.

Byzantines lost one TC and had the emperor (IC) present on the field. Arabs lost their camp and one FC.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Macsen Later Crusdaers(Richard) 34/33
batesmotel Ghaznavids 17/41

Macsen's mercenary invaders were forced to fight on a map with more bad terrain than they could deal with between a mix of forrest and lakes in a center depression and a major steep hill anchoring the Ghaznavid right. Thanks for the game.

Macssen lost at least an allied TC. Not sure if there was another one with his knight contingent which might mean a second was also lost. No camps were looted.

I won the initiative.

Chris
macsen

Post by macsen »

Bloody awful map, just nothing I could do on that map. There was a commander with my knights, no idea what happened to him. My allied troop commander died though.
batesmotel wrote:Macsen Later Crusdaers(Richard) 34/33
batesmotel Ghaznavids 17/41

Macsen's mercenary invaders were forced to fight on a map with more bad terrain than they could deal with between a mix of forrest and lakes in a center depression and a major steep hill anchoring the Ghaznavid right. Thanks for the game.

Macssen lost at least an allied TC. Not sure if there was another one with his knight contingent which might mean a second was also lost. No camps were looted.

Chris
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

macsen wrote:Bloody awful map, just nothing I could do on that map. There was a commander with my knights, no idea what happened to him. My allied troop commander died though.
I don't think any of your knights lived to rout off the map so I think the commander with them either died or blew up when his BG was destroyed. Was he a TC?

Chris
macsen

Post by macsen »

A field, I know two routed off, the others tended to rally. If onlt there was open ground to use them :cry:
batesmotel wrote:
macsen wrote:Bloody awful map, just nothing I could do on that map. There was a commander with my knights, no idea what happened to him. My allied troop commander died though.
I don't think any of your knights lived to rout off the map so I think the commander with them either died or blew up when his BG was destroyed. Was he a TC?

Chris
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

batesmotel wrote:iandavidsmith: Umayyad Arab 36/36
batesmotel: Nikephorian Byzantine(early) 32/39

The invading Byzantines finally eked out a narrow victory against the defending Umayyads after getting off to a bad start. Each army massed the weight of their lancers on their left. The Byzantine left collapsed fairly quickly under the Arab attack while the Arab right put up a sterned fight including routing some of the Byzantine lancers. This left the Byzantine poor HF center facing the much stronger Arab center but fortunately the Byzantines were able to withdraw quickly enough to avoid too many loses to the stronger Arab center of average spears and Dailami. Once the Arab right flank succumbed to the Byzantine attack the tide started to turn. Assisted by the Arabs chasing Byzantine Flankers to their camp which the flankersw cleverly looted immediately, the tide finally turned although the battle remained in doubt until the very end. Thanks to Iandavidsmith for a great game.

Byzantines lost one TC and had the emperor (IC) present on the field. Arabs lost their camp and one FC.

Chris

A Great game indeed , cheers
Ian
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

How many games are we waiting for?
Keyth

ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

keyth wrote:How many games are we waiting for?
I have played (and lost) all of my games :roll:
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

There's always next season ;)
Keyth

iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

Thats what i keep telling myself :-D
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

I believe I'm done with all my games.

Chris
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

I think we have:

phlewis vs. Turk1964
Turk1964 vs. Tiavals
Aristides vs. Tophat

and Tophat's two challenges.
Keyth

Turk1964
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Turk1964 »

The game between Phlewis and me is about over.My army performed like old women against a well oiled Dailami machine :) Tivials game is about turn 5 i think.
phlewis

Post by phlewis »

phlewis win versus Turk1964.

Turk1964 37/34
phlewis 14/30

No camps looted.

I don't think any generals were killed.

That's finishes my last battle.
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

Thanks all for the info. As a general question, are we liking two attacks per season? From a scorer's perspective it makes little difference to me, though it does obviously create more dramatic shifts in the scores themselves.
Keyth

macsen

Post by macsen »

I'm fine with it. But out of interest is everyone getting roughly the same number of games? As that could also effect the score.
keyth wrote:Thanks all for the info. As a general question, are we liking two attacks per season? From a scorer's perspective it makes little difference to me, though it does obviously create more dramatic shifts in the scores themselves.

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”