Broken Arrow (FEEDBACK) Important

Broken Arrow is a large-scale real-time modern warfare tactics game. A unique army building system and deep units customisation tools allow for endless replayability. With 200+ realistic military units and technologies, each battle is more immersive than ever before.
Divutski
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Broken Arrow (FEEDBACK) Important

Post by Divutski »

Hi Slitherine, I am now a huge fan of broken Arrow, and i can´t say how happy i am to finally engage in some RTS again.

I have now played the current Alpha Demo build, like a couple of 100 times, and its amazing.

It is a Alpha state, and i have hit some funny bugs, on my way. here is some of them.
When grouping different units, the pathway tends to take the longest path instead of a straight path. this happend multiple times, and i ended up getting units killed.

though i am a old C&C player, and there is some mechanics, and feautures i would like to see. First i would mention the bugs. here are some of them

Embarking a vehicle with different units stacked on 1 tile, makes the vehicle go static. it happens to the Osprey.
I have also seen units getting dragged across the peninsula on the demo, as if they still was on the other side. stuck units not responding to any action commands.

now to the wanted game mechanics. As of now you have a great starting point with having russia and USA, as factions. There is some wanted units such as the Tunguska, SCUD, and Uboats, logistical, ship section probably still being worked on

Faction i would love to see. Insurgents, China, NATO, northern alliance, UK, Pakistan, India, but then their is plenty to choose from

Stealth mechanic: there needs to be some sort of stealth mechanics to the special units, unless they get spotted. it could be so cool to see a cooldown time afterwards, and then getting the units to become stealthy automatically afterwards.

The next i would love to see. Is some sort of system, that makes a single unit, such as a tank getting a star attribute system. If the unit has 3 stars, that means the unit is a ACE, after certain kills. in 3 stars, the unit gets more attributes, such as more health, defense points, faster time to kill, faster rate of fire, turn rate and self repair. this also means the unit is harder to kill, unless you lose the unit.

Give the ability to Have a saboteur, blow stuff up. A ability to hijack opponents vehicle, which makes the opponent think that it is still on their side, until you engage a unit. Have some infiltrator, hacking systems to make system offline such as MLRS. The last is a Intel system, that can be bought to scan the map with for hidden units. Have a U2 spy plane bought through logistics.

When i played the game, the mouse action buttons tends to confuse me. Id would love to see an option, for having the left mouse click doing all the action across all units, that also means when clicking a special action, you should still use the left click to confirm the action. This is not true to all units. the right mouse button should only be used for looking around, and skim across the map, while scroll is only for zooming in and out. having the shift button to hold while selecting mulitple units with the left mouse button, should also be a option

These are actually my only concern, but This is only a Alpha build, and i cannot wait for the final product. I hope that you are gonna test these bugs, and take all my options that i mentioned into consideration

I cannot wait. thank you for bringing this beautiful RTS out :)
ldrd007
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Broken Arrow (FEEDBACK) Important

Post by ldrd007 »

Great game!! Just won the demo mission today. Hope they will put difficulty settings, as some of us love these games but are not too fast clickers. Also, a savegame options during the missions will be great!!
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I just really hope the game don't get too complex over the development. At the moment is just perfectly balanced: not too basic, not too complicated.
However I have to admit I couldn't get too far in the mission, a tutorial would have been handy. I just got wrecked by those T-72s patrolling the external perimeter.
Graphics are insanely great, but the game REALLY needs some serious optimization: I am running a high-end setup and still got lagging and I am not even using max graphics settings.

Anyway, this game looks promising. Reminds me of World in Conflict.

Regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

I found that some of the bugs and glitches are likely the result of this demo being in alpha state. I had trouble selecting units or using the special functions like unload. I felt it was hit or miss whether I could get infantry to unload. Sometimes several clicks were required to select a unit often I gave the order to move to the prior unit!

I would also note for those posting here that there is a Discord for BA which is being used by the dev team for feedback.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

Akkula wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:13 pm I just really hope the game don't get too complex over the development. At the moment is just perfectly balanced: not too basic, not too complicated.
However I have to admit I couldn't get too far in the mission, a tutorial would have been handy. I just got wrecked by those T-72s patrolling the external perimeter.
Graphics are insanely great, but the game REALLY needs some serious optimization: I am running a high-end setup and still got lagging and I am not even using max graphics settings.

Regards,
Akkula.
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear that you liked it overall. We will be posting a post mortem of the demo soon, a summary of what people felt and what we learned. Safe to say that tutorial and better optimisation are two of the most common bits of feedback that we got and will be addressed.
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Great to see you guys are taking the feedback from the community.
Although I didn't manage to beat the demo, I am really excited about the game. It looks very promising :D
Looking forward for more news and announcements.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
j235667
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by j235667 »

I know this is a really small thing... but are there plans (I hope) to change the radio chatter? I may be in the minority but I find the "hoowahs", cheering and other chatter distracting and, I hesitate to say it, also rather unprofessional. Rather than an actual military unit, it sounds like a bunch of frat boys on a drunken destruction binge.

I would just turn down the sound, but mixed in with the chatter are important radio messages, so there is no choice. A selection for "atmospheric" radio chatter, turning it on or off would be good.

My opinion alone and I apologize if this comment offends anyone.

Return to “Broken Arrow”