New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by Nskap2 »

mustv wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:50 pm
Nskap2 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:42 pm
Shrike wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:18 pm As I'm sweating out my Covid quarantine, I picked up the latest version and got to the end of Transit Zone. Which is bugged unfortunately. No matter you put the right units in the designated positions, the game doesn't end. Also, when the turns eventually run out, you get a scenario loss without any hint as to why. I used console to cheat my way through, so there's a functional next scenario.
There's definitely a working version here, I played it a couple of days ago https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1SKe8 ... share_link . In order for the changes to take effect, you need to start with a briefing and not just a restart

As you can see, I have simplified the victory conditions, the mission goal will be fulfilled even if the units are not in their places:
victory7.jpg
hi there modder, i got some errors over here, could you help me?

Gui.cpp:29 (GuiPicture::GuiPicture)
Monkey failed texture loading: 'UI/gameview/unit images/traitorguardflam.png'
(0)

i tried to find this picture in the folder and it wasnt there

Struct exception with code 0x80000003
(0)

***Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags: 0
ExpAddress: 0x00B2D478 Please report!

This happened in the 1st turn of krieg campaign, i tried to play with only the normal mega merge and no errors appeared
The archive contains the latest version UI folder. Unpack it and copy it either with replacement or without replacement, then new files will be copied.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jAhEVf ... share_link
traitors with flamethrowers are fine
flam.jpg
flam.jpg (812.34 KiB) Viewed 987 times
it is not enough to replace "data" to make the new version of the mod work, you need to replace more files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBMTrP ... share_link
mustv
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mustv »

Nskap2 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm
mustv wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:50 pm
Nskap2 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:42 pm

There's definitely a working version here, I played it a couple of days ago https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1SKe8 ... share_link . In order for the changes to take effect, you need to start with a briefing and not just a restart

As you can see, I have simplified the victory conditions, the mission goal will be fulfilled even if the units are not in their places:
victory7.jpg
hi there modder, i got some errors over here, could you help me?

Gui.cpp:29 (GuiPicture::GuiPicture)
Monkey failed texture loading: 'UI/gameview/unit images/traitorguardflam.png'
(0)

i tried to find this picture in the folder and it wasnt there

Struct exception with code 0x80000003
(0)

***Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags: 0
ExpAddress: 0x00B2D478 Please report!

This happened in the 1st turn of krieg campaign, i tried to play with only the normal mega merge and no errors appeared
The archive contains the latest version UI folder. Unpack it and copy it either with replacement or without replacement, then new files will be copied.
traitors with flamethrowers are fine
flam.jpg
it is not enough to replace "data" to make the new version of the mod work, you need to replace more files
woah didn't expect to receive a reply that fast, thanks for the hard work
don't know what i did wrong, but now after unpacking
and replacing 8.2 with this one
now i can play without a problem, thanks a lot
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

mustv wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:14 pm
now i can play without a problem, thanks a lot
Non-recurring critical errors are waiting for you, about 1-2 times in each scenario, or not. This instability is due to the fact that I have increased the number of triggers, scripts and units in some scenarios by several dozen times compared to the original. Use save
mustv

Post by mustv »

ooooo, didn't know about that
I will keep it on mind
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Just add /nocache to the target of your mod shortcut and it may be a lot more stable. I've played through your latest version's first 4 scenarios without any crash but yeah, your mileage may vary. Big changes from a previous mod version, with better balance over all. Well done!
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:29 pm Just add /nocache to the target of your mod shortcut and it may be a lot more stable. I've played through your latest version's first 4 scenarios without any crash but yeah, your mileage may vary. Big changes from a previous mod version, with better balance over all. Well done!
Thank you for playing my update for this mod. I don't have time to expand the campaign or create new units yet, but I can fix critical bugs, so I'd like to see more posts about playing with the mod, even if they're all positive xD
cesarjunior233

Post by cesarjunior233 »

I'm needing some assistance. I don't know if it's the community mod or this megapack, but units that have a 4th weapon don't have them to me. They just get a bugged non-usable one.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

cesarjunior233 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:53 pm I'm needing some assistance. I don't know if it's the community mod or this megapack, but units that have a 4th weapon don't have them to me. They just get a bugged non-usable one.
You need to install the community update, it is it that adds 4 weapons
This post contains the correct installation instructions with links:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 36#p987936
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Another mission has been added, minor changes have been made to some missions that change everything.Or not. Some units have been added, something has changed somewhere etc xD
Installation by simply copying and replacing files into folder installed game with a community update. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QNjol ... sp=sharing
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Wow, 1.9 Go, thanks :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Nskap2 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:27 pm Another mission has been added, minor changes have been made to some missions that change everything.Or not. Some units have been added, something has changed somewhere etc xD
Installation by simply copying and replacing files into folder installed game with a community update. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_QNjol ... sp=sharing
What is the name of the new mission ?
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

terminator wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:07 pm What is the name of the new mission ?
"Old Debts" . The number of units accompanying the priest of Adeptus Mechanicus depends on Сommander's reputation in front of the Adeptus Mechanicus, in this version of the mod, maximum amount of reputation that can be obtained from this faction is "4".But this is not exactly a reputation, since each of them has a different meaning.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Does it work? I still remember about what was done, so I have no critical errors and successfully completed the mission. Once xD
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

There are no mission objectives for Old Debts so capturing all victory hexes doesn't end the scenario. I get the impression you planned for a tech priest to do something here but there's none on the map.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:25 pm There are no mission objectives for Old Debts so capturing all victory hexes doesn't end the scenario. I get the impression you planned for a tech priest to do something here but there's none on the map.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EjOV1m ... sp=sharing
The mission objectives have been updated and an explanation in the form of a window has been added.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Makes a lot more sense now, but I still got a "river defeat" on turn 30 of 31. I crossed the river again in search of any remaining orc units but none were left. Why was that a defeat? I did get the 3 Castellaxes.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:37 pm Makes a lot more sense now, but I still got a "river defeat" on turn 30 of 31. I crossed the river again in search of any remaining orc units but none were left. Why was that a defeat? I did get the 3 Castellaxes.
This is done on purpose, I didn't describe it well enough, but according to the scenario there should be a storm, and all the commander's units should take shelter in the mountains, the river is a visible line that allows the player to fulfill the conditions of the quest.I also tried to add time limits here, as it was in vanilla, is it noticeable? Castellax Automata are needed to strengthen the Commander's "weak" army xDD
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Hm, then the problem is I never got that storm to trigger or saw any messages about it. Turn limit may be an issue too, as I only wiped the last opposition on turn 29. With units that move 2/turn and difficult terrain, I don't see how this would end well.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:44 am Hm, then the problem is I never got that storm to trigger or saw any messages about it. Turn limit may be an issue too, as I only wiped the last opposition on turn 29. With units that move 2/turn and difficult terrain, I don't see how this would end well.
If you have quest units Castellax Automata on turn 29-31, then you did everything right and to continue, just don't cross the river until turn 31!And yes, if you want to use heavy units like super-heavy tanks, you will have to take into account the terrain. I specifically prevented the movement of such units, they create a traffic jam near the river, right? I know it ;D
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Fair enough, but I would add some warning about the river crossing early on, as the player only knows about needing to move the troops over the river by turn 15. Dunno if terrain manipulation like with the cliffs is the way to go here, but it would make more sense. There's also a remark about being able to recruit at infantry barracks at some point, but there's no such building on the map. The available slots also remain at zero, but that may be because I only lost a single core unit?

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”