History of Aragon Tournament glitch

Moderator: rbodleyscott

Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

History of Aragon Tournament glitch

Post by Delbruck »

In the current medieval History of Aragon tournament I seem to have been matched up twice, with Stormcrow and grahamed.

In the community tournament screen it lists me twice, with two match-ups against Stormcrow. I don't see that grahamed has a match. In addition, in the multiplayer lobby it doesn't list my match with grahamed as a tournament random map. I have not begun or entered the games with grahamed, so can't confirm if it is the same map.
grahamed
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: History of Aragon Tournament glitch

Post by grahamed »

Hi I can confirm i have a pair of games listed as vs Delbruck, I started the one i can.

Richard can you advise?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I confirm that Delbruck has two pairs of games up on the database for this tournament round, one pair vs Grahamed, one pair vs Stormcrow.

Since there is only one BYE up on the scores page, which is correct as there are an odd number of players, this suggests that there may be a player who has not got a matchup at all. If that person sees this, please let us know.

Also, of course, the code that draws up the tournament scores page obviously cannot cope with this situation, hence showing the Delbruck vs Stormcrow matchup twice.

I have escalated this issue to the PBEM controllers, but I am not sure what exactly they will be able to do about it at this stage. We will need to discuss it.
Richard Bodley Scott

grahamed

Post by grahamed »

Thanks for the clear reply Richard. As for as I see there is no action either player can take at present , I will await confirmation of any action to take.

Best regards Graham
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

It looks like the tournament entry system may have recorded Delbruck's entry twice.

As the Stormcrow game is also up to turn 5, the plan is to cancel the grahamed-Delbruck games and give you (grahamed) a bye.

Sorry Graham.
Richard Bodley Scott

grahamed

Post by grahamed »

Hi Richard, thanks for the post, these things happen, i’ll miss out on a game but try hard to make up for it next round.

A friend noticed grosswesir seems to have two opponents as well, and 3 spots on the tournament chart, including 2 agains Xlegione , might be worth a check to see if it will cause an issue.

Cheers Graham
Last edited by grahamed on Sat May 20, 2023 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

The grahamed match is no longer in my multiplayer player lobby, but I am still listed twice on the community tournament page.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Delbruck wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:00 pm The grahamed match is no longer in my multiplayer player lobby, but I am still listed twice on the community tournament page.
It may take a while for the tournament page to catch up.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

grahamed wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:20 pm Hi Richard, thanks for the post, these things happen, i’ll miss out on a game but try hard to make up for it next round.

A friend noticed grosswesir seems to have two opponents as well, and 3 spots on the tournament chart, including 2 agains Xlegione , might be worth a check to see if it will cause an issue.

Cheers Graham
Aargh!

Unfortunately nothing will happen about this over the weekend, as the PBEM manager is not available.
Richard Bodley Scott

grahamed

Post by grahamed »

Oh well, thanks for the update, i am sure they will action on Monday.
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

Nothing has changed in the community tournament page. It still lists myself and grosswesir twice.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Delbruck wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:29 am Nothing has changed in the community tournament page. It still lists myself and grosswesir twice.
I am hoping it will change when the next round starts. The data has been changed in the actual PBEM database.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval Tech Support”