Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99 on 7th of July, 2022.)

Post by Uhu »

Do you play Mareth, or Mareth extra (you got there a gift of Char B1)?

So, you need to park the light cruiser at 28:20. If you move it, you will get a message that you are relived from your duty.
Is that, what happens to you?

I looked both scns in the editor and if you do not have all 9 objectives, it is a loss, but only in the last turn, so if you loose Zuwarah (25:46) at the beginning, it is totally OK.
luciocabrio
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:45 pm Do you play Mareth, or Mareth extra (you got there a gift of Char B1)?

So, you need to park the light cruiser at 28:20. If you move it, you will get a message that you are relived from your duty.
Is that, what happens to you?

I looked both scns in the editor and if you do not have all 9 objectives, it is a loss, but only in the last turn, so if you loose Zuwarah (25:46) at the beginning, it is totally OK.
Yes i had a b1 tank free.
I don't remember the message, i remember only that i have lost, game over. Now i restarted campaign, i don't remember where i put my cruiser exactly and i haven't my saves any more. I haven't lost zuwarah i think, in the picture there is my last turn, light cruiser is not in good position?
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

I solved the problem.

cruiser must stand still.
now i'm in greece.
I bet a lot on aviation, as I did with panzer general. modern wars are won with planes.
as with the predecessor I try to have as few losses as possible among my troops, since they have experience, sacrificing those that the game "gives" you. I remember that if you lose a troop that you have from the first battle, with a lot of experience, it is a trauma for me ahahahha
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I'm glad, you solved it! Briefings are important. :)
Core units are never to be lost: they gather not just xp, but also kills and with kills there comes the heroes which are extreme important to negate the weak stats of the Italian units.

Yes, air power is important (1 have 7 fighter, 3 tac bombers and 2 strat bombers at Alexandria). Also arty is a very important factor.
luciocabrio wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:26 am I solved the problem.

now i'm in greece.
I bet a lot on aviation, as I did with panzer general. modern wars are won with planes.
as with the predecessor I try to have as few losses as possible among my troops, since they have experience, sacrificing those that the game "gives" you. I remember that if you lose a troop that you have from the first battle, with a lot of experience, it is a trauma for me ahahahha
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:06 am I'm glad, you solved it! Briefings are important. :)
Core units are never to be lost: they gather not just xp, but also kills and with kills there comes the heroes which are extreme important to negate the weak stats of the Italian units.

Yes, air power is important (1 have 7 fighter, 3 tac bombers and 2 strat bombers at Alexandria). Also arty is a very important factor.
luciocabrio wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:26 am I solved the problem.

now i'm in greece.
I have 5 fighers,6 tac bomber (+ cr25) and 1 strat bombers.
I arrived at the first mission of the Russian campaign. but practically do I have to hold out with at least 6 cities in my control until the end of turns?
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

i'm going to conquer "alexandria"...but when macchi 202 will arrive? I need more power!!! :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

MC.202's will arrive while, or after Alexandria scn. :)
(...but there is a section in the Library which shows all the availability of the It. units :) )

Take into account, when you at Caucasus, do not change the Semovente 75/18's to normal skin from the desert version. There is a small bug which prevents the normal skin version to change between arty and AT. Later versions are not affected.
luciocabrio wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:00 pm i'm going to conquer "alexandria"...but when macchi 202 will arrive? I need more power!!! :D
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

will there be a global update or is it all already the final version !?
https://regnum-ru.turbopages.org/regnum ... 66561.html
https://mynickname.com/id73473
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

Uhu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:27 pm MC.202's will arrive while, or after Alexandria scn. :)
(...but there is a section in the Library which shows all the availability of the It. units :) )

Take into account, when you at Caucasus, do not change the Semovente 75/18's to normal skin from the desert version. There is a small bug which prevents the normal skin version to change between arty and AT. Later versions are not affected.
luciocabrio wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:00 pm i'm going to conquer "alexandria"...but when macchi 202 will arrive? I need more power!!! :D
I saw it :D (mc202)
Don't worry...i dont change the skin (never). I need a antitank too,beccause now i have onli 47mm tank :D
i'm arai for the future :mrgreen:
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thank you for asking it!

I'm working on the v1.99b version, which would bring mostly some cosmetic changes, but also the above mentioned Semovente 75/18, normal skin dual-purpose fix. I just encountered some issues with several scns, which I need to solve before publishing it.

For the a future, I would do the in-game messages + a few briefings grammar more English (Goose said, he would help me doing this).
The other issue, for which fixed, I would call it v2.0 would be the transport units fix. For now, there is a bug, which shows a tons of available transports - even for tanks. I would fix this, but it's a PzC anomaly, and I don't know, if I can. What I see as an option, to completely build up the eqp file again, maybe it would help, but it's a horrendous work.
bondjamesbond wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:35 pm will there be a global update or is it all already the final version !?
https://regnum-ru.turbopages.org/regnum ... 66561.html
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

luciocabrio wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:47 am Don't worry...i dont change the skin (never). I need a antitank too,beccause now i have onli 47mm tank :D
i'm arai for the future :mrgreen:
Why do not change the skins from desert to normal, or back? :cry:
- Semovente 90/53 will be available from Unicorne/extra (although it is a very vulnerable piece of eqp)
- 75/39 AT from 01.11.1942.
- ...but you already have the 90/53 AA in AT mode. :lol:
Uhu

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

Post by Uhu »

Bungorno Generales!

Finally I could create the v1.99b version! Please download and test it and give a feedback if everything works! I tried to avoid any bugs, but we never know. The changes comes into action, after you finished the given scn and start the next one. Download links at the first page of this topic.

Changes for v1.99b:

- Normal skinned Semovente 75/18 can now change back from Arty to AT and from AT to Arty (desert skinned version could do this earlier too)
- As the original end turn amount for victories in the scenario are misleading, I changed it to a more clear text (Capture all objectives by turn ...)
- Semovente 47/32 - Changed to AT gun sounds instead of MG
- SM.81 bomber has now proper sounds
- Added normal skin for Breda Ba.65
- Added desert skin for Breda.88
- Added normal skin for Piaggio P.108
- Bessarabia and Tobruk_42 scns have more realistic edges (major rivers, sea, mines)
- L6/40 is now only in Recon class (no more upgrade from L5/30 to L6/40)
- No more SM.79 "gift" bomber at Sidi (it was meant to be aux...)
- The Transport bug still couldn't be fixed, so many units have not allowed transports available, therefore there is a TRANSPORTS list in the LIBRARY menu of the game. The list shows the allowed transports for every unit.
For game balance purposes it is highly advised to use it and purchase transport for the given unit as given in the list!
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

I'm invading London! (i hope to start mission this evening)thanks for making this mod i dreamed of since panzer general 1

When are you working on panzer corps 2? :D
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Uhu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:05 am Bungorno Generales!

Finally I could create the v1.99b version!
Thanks for the update Uhu :D
luciocabrio

Post by luciocabrio »

London is the last mission?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

luciocabrio wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 pm London is the last mission?
Yes, it is.
But you can play the 4 scns of the defending path, if you make only a minor victory at First El-Alamein. Look for the campaign path - it is in the zip folder, so you unzipped also when you installed the mod.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

luciocabrio wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:08 am I'm invading London! (i hope to start mission this evening)thanks for making this mod i dreamed of since panzer general 1

When are you working on panzer corps 2? :D
I'm happy, I could help achieving your dream! 😉

PzC 2? Probably never. I find that game not great. I would rather make it with OOB, but that would need also a lot of time to learn the creation. I even did not yet finished my Hungarian campaign. 😌

Actually the best would be to have a new engine which has far deeper supply and logistic system.

I would suggest to play the Battlefield Europe mod. The Italians have significant role in it. 🙂 And it is simply genious.
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Everything used to be fine ) Now somehow half the screen changes the resolution of the monitor , too , does not give anything ! How to fix it ?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

That's really interesting. :shock: :)
As no setup files are changed. There ist the v1.31 version of the game as Panzercorps.exe included in the zip file. Maybe you use the 1.32 and that causes the issue? I just guessing, never encountered such anomaly.
bondjamesbond wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm
Everything used to be fine ) Now somehow half the screen changes the resolution of the monitor , too , does not give anything ! How to fix it ?
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Uhu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:16 am That's really interesting. :shock: :)
As no setup files are changed. There ist the v1.31 version of the game as Panzercorps.exe included in the zip file. Maybe you use the 1.32 and that causes the issue? I just guessing, never encountered such anomaly.
bondjamesbond wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm

Yes , replacing the exe helped )

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”