Opponent stops playing

Moderators: rbodleyscott, kronenblatt

OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Opponent stops playing

Post by OmegaOm »

This is definitely not the case. I just got two timed out when my other player didnt play for days even apologized for taking so long. , and last day he was last to play in field of glory ancient, and I get timed on both. I play a turn every single day, sometimes two. I new this was the case for so long.

Not even playing last round of either ,, no point.
OmegaOm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OmegaOm »

Also found an exploit. In medieval game. Guys deployed as far pack as possible, and did not move, so took forever to get there. He must of had job at home, cause could do his turn not too long after I do mine. I work out so I can do most two turns a day. So he got 70 pts for that match I got 6. we just started fighting when time was up.

So there should be a reasonable limit on time to, not just who returned turn faster. If you play a reasonable amount of time, there should be no turn time out. If you playing every day and its a long drawn out match like last rounds setup, and game doesn't not get finished. The guys that was say 1 min faster on turns should not auto win the game if both players played reasonably amount of time. Make sense. See my point.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

OmegaOm wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:38 pm This is definitely not the case. I just got two timed out when my other player didnt play for days even apologized for taking so long. , and last day he was last to play in field of glory ancient, and I get timed on both. I play a turn every single day, sometimes two. I new this was the case for so long.

You are mistaken.

I have analysed the log on one of those games, and although he had one round where he did not play for more than 3 days, overall the game spent many hours more in your in-tray than in his, because most of his turns were returned really quickly.

Here are the logs:

Game A3.jpg
Game A3.jpg (142.79 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Game A2.jpg
Game A2.jpg (141.64 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Game A1.jpg
Game A1.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 857 times

To avoid this sort of thing happening to you in future:

1) Are you signed up to receive email notifications when it is your turn?
2) It might be worth taking a look at the lobby about an hour after taking your turns. More than 50% of twyearling's turns were returned within less than an hour after you made your turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by paulmcneil »

I'm in aposition where my opponent, as far as I can tell has not played any moved at all in the game, and I haven't been given a game to play, so am stuck drumming my fingers. Do I get the 75 points if he does nothing?
Paul McNeil
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

paulmcneil wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:38 pm I'm in aposition where my opponent, as far as I can tell has not played any moved at all in the game, and I haven't been given a game to play, so am stuck drumming my fingers. Do I get the 75 points if he does nothing?
Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

Merry Christmas
Paul McNeil
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

However, it is worth bearing in mind that Slitherine is having problems with its outgoing email currently, so PBEM notifications are not getting through. So check the MP lobby to make sure your opponent really hasn't played his turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

Hi Richard, this is odd, I can't see any games for my opponent in my MP pages neither my turn, his turn , or complete. I got an original mail saying the game had started and I would be contacted when it was my turn, that was at the start of the first round of the tournament,nothing since, so I don't know what has happened to this game, only that I haven't had a game to respond to? Is there a glitch somewhere? Paul
Paul McNeil
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

paulmcneil wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:38 pm Hi Richard, this is odd, I can't see any games for my opponent in my MP pages neither my turn, his turn , or complete. I got an original mail saying the game had started and I would be contacted when it was my turn, that was at the start of the first round of the tournament,nothing since, so I don't know what has happened to this game, only that I haven't had a game to respond to? Is there a glitch somewhere? Paul
I suspect that the glitch is your opponents username GottfriedvonBouillon which may be too long for the PBEM system to cope with.

You need to email support@slitherine.co.uk and tell them the problem. If they can contact GottfriedvonBouillon, they can usually (with his permission) alter his username to one that the PBEM system can cope with. And hopefully get the game started.

If not, you are looking at 75 points each as you have not been able to play your first turn in one of the games.
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

Thanks Richard I'll give it a go
Paul McNeil
paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:02 pm
paulmcneil wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:38 pm Hi Richard, this is odd, I can't see any games for my opponent in my MP pages neither my turn, his turn , or complete. I got an original mail saying the game had started and I would be contacted when it was my turn, that was at the start of the first round of the tournament,nothing since, so I don't know what has happened to this game, only that I haven't had a game to respond to? Is there a glitch somewhere? Paul
I suspect that the glitch is your opponents username GottfriedvonBouillon which may be too long for the PBEM system to cope with.

You need to email support@slitherine.co.uk and tell them the problem. If they can contact GottfriedvonBouillon, they can usually (with his permission) alter his username to one that the PBEM system can cope with. And hopefully get the game started.

If not, you are looking at 75 points each as you have not been able to play your first turn in one of the games.
Hi Richard, so I've just received a message saying that I have been dropped from the tournament for not completing enough rounds! I had no choice as I was never sent a round to complete, and I also raised it as you suggested withtech support, but other than getting an acknowledgement with a case number, nothing else until this morning when I found I'm now dropped from it. Is there anyway to be reinstated, I'm at a loss to understand what's ocurring? Paul
Paul McNeil
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

paulmcneil wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:33 pmHi Richard, so I've just received a message saying that I have been dropped from the tournament for not completing enough rounds! I had no choice as I was never sent a round to complete, and I also raised it as you suggested withtech support, but other than getting an acknowledgement with a case number, nothing else until this morning when I found I'm now dropped from it. Is there anyway to be reinstated, I'm at a loss to understand what's ocurring? Paul
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately there is no way to rectify this for the current tournament. It is entirely the fault of the registration system which allowed GottfriedVonBouillon to join the tournament with a username that is longer than the game client can cope with.

We are working to rectify this issue for the future, but as the system is fully automated, you cannot be reinstated in this particular tournament. Even if you could, you would not have an opponent for this round, as the draw has already been done, hence you would just get a bye rather than a game.

Sorry.

Richard
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

So now in the Mesopotamian stage of the other Tournament I've a message saying my game has started and I will be notified when it's my turn, last time this happened, the games never took place and I was bounced out of the rest of the Tournament, is this a bug anyone else has seen, or does the system just hate me?
Paul McNeil
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

paulmcneil wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:43 pm So now in the Mesopotamian stage of the other Tournament I've a message saying my game has started and I will be notified when it's my turn, last time this happened, the games never took place and I was bounced out of the rest of the Tournament, is this a bug anyone else has seen, or does the system just hate me?
See my reply in the tech support thread.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hi Paul,

According to the database, your games with JacobusRobertus are ongoing, and are on the 3rd or 4th turn.

The last turns were done at approximately 10.40pm UK time last night.

Can you confirm?

Richard
Richard Bodley Scott

paulmcneil

Post by paulmcneil »

Yes thank you Richard, the first game came through, and then continued, so all OK now. Sorry for wasting your time on this one. All OK now. Paul
Paul McNeil
twyearling
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by twyearling »

OmegaOm wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:38 pm This is definitely not the case. I just got two timed out when my other player didnt play for days even apologized for taking so long. , and last day he was last to play in field of glory ancient, and I get timed on both. I play a turn every single day, sometimes two. I new this was the case for so long.

I was your opponent in this game and as the game logs have shown I was significantly delayed in taking one turn in the whole game (life... and I apologised to you for this!), but still got my turns on average back to you quicker than I received them. I placed 60th and was quite happy with that as I haven't played that many of these online tournaments.

To post this in an 'opponent stops playing' thread isn't really that cool... I'm certain that none of us play these tournaments for a living and that most players play to the best of their ability and try to get the battles finished.

Peace.
SirMichael

Post by SirMichael »

Hello Slitherine Team

I have read these posts and just want to make sure that I "SirMichael" will not be penalized due to my current round two opponent. Game Name "Yinsd00" in the current Field of Glory II Medieval Tournament has not played a turn since turn two of this round (zero points).

This round ends on June 12th 2023...how am I supposed to make up for the points if "Yinsd00" decides to return and we barely start combat or have none at all? I see the Bye type reward of 150 points but if we have another random round take place and make a few kill points would I be stuck with the penalty (of possibly very few or no points) while actually trying to play?

Ticket#2023060110000596
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

SirMichael wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:31 pm Hello Slitherine Team

I have read these posts and just want to make sure that I "SirMichael" will not be penalized due to my current round two opponent. Game Name "Yinsd00" in the current Field of Glory II Medieval Tournament has not played a turn since turn two of this round (zero points).

This round ends on June 12th 2023...how am I supposed to make up for the points if "Yinsd00" decides to return and we barely start combat or have none at all? I see the Bye type reward of 150 points but if we have another random round take place and make a few kill points would I be stuck with the penalty (of possibly very few or no points) while actually trying to play?

Ticket#2023060110000596
If only a few turns are played, you should get the full bye score.

From the rules:

"Any battles that are not completed by the end of the round will be timed out. The player who has had the game in his “My Turns” box the longest overall will be the one who is deemed to be timed out. This will not normally incur any penalties, unless insufficient turns have been played: If the timed-out player has played less than 18 turns, his score will be reduced proportionately, and his opponent will be granted (100 - the timed out player's adjusted score) if this value exceeds his current score. (This means he will get the full BYE score unless the timed out player's adjusted score is more than 25)."
Richard Bodley Scott

SirMichael

Post by SirMichael »

Thank you for the clarification. My opponent actually posted a turn today but still no combat....unfortunately June 12th is approaching. Hopefully my next opponent is interested in playing in Tournaments.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Tournaments & Leagues”