UNDO command and other FoG2 features in P&S

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: UNDO command and other FoG2 features in P&S

Post by w_michael »

@SnuggleBunnies: I always thought that the automatic resolution of close combat at the start of your turn was really part of the opponent's previous turn. Your turn starts when you can move and shoot units. I am sure that you are right. I just never noticed this before.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
Cronos09
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Cronos09 »

w_michael wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:26 pm I recently downloaded this excellent MOD, and I am playing it in a MP game with a friend. I noticed something unexpected with the Push Back feature. My Arkebusier unit was in close combat. During my turn I executed the close combat and the Arkebusiers were pushed back out of close combat. I was then able to shoot at the enemy unit that I was previously in close combat with. My Arkebusiers were able to have both a close combat action and a shooting action in the same turn. Is this intended?
This feature is not related to 'Push Back', but to 'Fight/Melee' and original 'Fallback'. In the vanilla your Arquebusier unit would melee and fallback at the end of your turn. On next your turn it will have zero AP, but it will able to shoot. The 'Fihgt/Melee' feature simply allows you to combine both of these actions within one turn. As I know it works in FoG2 in the same way.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Cronos09 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:36 am As I know it works in FoG2 in the same way.
In FoG2 such units can't shoot. But I think that is fine, shooting should be more powerful in the later time period game.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:42 pm
Cronos09 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:36 am As I know it works in FoG2 in the same way.
In FoG2 such units can't shoot. But I think that is fine, shooting should be more powerful in the later time period game.
You are right. I have looked through the FoG2 code and see that a few extra conditions for shooting were added in FoG2 in comparison with P&S:
1) at the start of each turn an unit in melee has zero "Shot" attribute;
2) and an unit can shoot if its "Shot" attribute is more than zero;
Thus such unit cannot shoot in FoG2. But if this unit is under the AI it will make a powerful shot next turn. In P&S such unit will make 2 less powerful shot during 2turns, which are equal one powerful shot in FoG2.

Return to “Modders Corner”