Why starting economy so bad?

Take up the role of a great wizard, wield powerful spells, command fantasy races and challenge your rivals in this remake of a cult turn-based strategy classic. Do you have what it takes to become Master of Magic?
rgp151
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Why starting economy so bad?

Post by rgp151 »

Hey, just getting back into this game after a while. Some of the updates look pretty good.

But I notice now that the new Stonemason retort is essentially required. The starting own has 4 citizens, with 1 garrisoned unit. With this you have to typically put 3 citizens on farming and you have one rebel, leaving no manufacturing at all.

The only way around this is either to use Halflings, get lucky and have Wild Game, delete the starting unit, or take Stonemason.

But forcing everyone who isn't Halflings or Stonemason to delete the starting unit just to be able to do anything makes no sense. Otherwise you have to start by building a Granary which takes 40 turns with 0 workers, which is absurd. With Stonemason you build the Granary in 4 turns.

Something isn't right with the starting situation, you shouldn't have a rebel to start.
agerweb
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Why starting economy so bad?

Post by agerweb »

I have never had a rebel in my starting city; although I haven't tried all the races.

Return to “Master of Magic”