DLCs and Multiplayer

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

canuckgamer
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

DLCs and Multiplayer

Post by canuckgamer »

The only DLC that indicates more than one player is U.S. Marines which is 1-4. Just to confirm, that is the only DLC where there is multiplayer, is that correct? Thanks.
canuckgamer
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: DLCs and Multiplayer

Post by canuckgamer »

What about Allies Victorious. It doesn't even mention the number of players but indicates "Traditional PBEM". U.S. Marines displays Traditional PBEM as well.
I am only interested in a DLC where it can be played multiplayer.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

DLCs are single player only. I think sometimes a multiplayer scenario or two are published along with the DLC.
Celeborn
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Celeborn »

This is the greatest drawback for OOB IMO. AI has made strides but there is still nothing like going up against one of the top-ranked humanoids either 1:1 or 2:2. Alas almost all the PBEM scenarios are designed by other players (Erik's scenarios are among the best!)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Shard's tournament scenarios are quite good, but we need more...
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

Celeborn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:15 pm This is the greatest drawback for OOB IMO. AI has made strides but there is still nothing like going up against one of the top-ranked humanoids either 1:1 or 2:2. Alas almost all the PBEM scenarios are designed by other players (Erik's scenarios are among the best!)
I think that the lack of sandbox games (single and multi-player) are the greatest drawback. Give me a computer generated, random map after I have chosen my units and let the battle commence. There is a limited need for land based objectives and just use unit losses.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast

Return to “Order of Battle Series”