D2R - Das 2. Reich - The Second Empire

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Thunderhog
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: D2R - Das 2. Reich - The Second Empire

Post by Thunderhog »

Amazing! So since this is done, what will be your next plans? Another PCZ 1 mod or maybe moving on to PCZ 2?
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Congratulations and many thanks for completing your extensive and impressive mod. I'm sure many Panzer Corps players will enjoy it.
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bondjamesbond »

Thunderhog wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:30 am Amazing! So since this is done, what will be your next plans? Another PCZ 1 mod or maybe moving on to PCZ 2?
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... t=WWI+v3.3.
https://nws-software.com/products/steam ... panese-war
https://www.strategium.ru/forum/topic/9 ... nt-3821453
ImageImageImage
https://btgv.ru/history/rare/japanese-a ... 05-part-6/
http://n-g-d.org/models/index.htm
It would be good if Sonja89_1 took up the Russian-Japanese War of 1904-1905 With her scrupulousness and punctuality and attention to detail + knowledge of history, we would have received a mod for this conflict at the end (Alas, there are very few games for this war) Although I have no right to impose , perhaps she has her own plans )
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =893901967
https://www.slitherine.com/game/war-pla ... -1922-1930
https://www.strategium.ru/forum/topic/7 ... ar-at-sea/
Last edited by bondjamesbond on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
https://mynickname.com/id73473
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

Dear Sonja,

Thank you for this brilliant and unique mod! I have first installed it and started playing in March of 2022. Since then I have been following this topic as well. You have put tremendous amount of time and hard work so that we can enjoy this mod, you have my most sincere gratitude for that!
Sonja89_1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Sonja89_1 »

Thank you for the positive comments, which make me very happy. It is also nice that the high time requirement for the making of such a project is recognised and appreciated. To explain this in more detail, I'll give some more detailed statistics here.

I spent about 4800 hours on the entire mod within 3 years. In each case, 2535 hours (53%) were spent on 2 test runs, 1439 hours (30%) on the production of the scenarios and 826 hours (17%) on everything else such as unit selection and realisation, awards and heroes, flags and structures. I am not writing this to impress anyone. It is quite certain that some modders of Panzer Corps will reach even higher values with more intensive use. Besides, about half of the time consists of test games, which can also be classified as fun. It should only make clear that such a part does not just fall out of the sky.

Therefore, I have to turn down any questions about a follow-up project (Thunderhog). Although I still have 2 ideas for a modification to Panzer Korps in mind, it is doubtful whether I will tackle it in the medium term. And yes, Bondjamesbond, the Japanese-Russian War of 1904-05 would be a good and worthwhile topic, you are absolutely right. However, like the Crimean War (1953-56), this conflict doesn't have that many individual battles to make it a good campaign for Panzer Corps. The US Civil War (1861-65) would be far more suitable, where there were many individual battles. But the theme has been implemented again and again on many other programmes.

In the short term, I will first take care of things that have been neglected a bit in recent years. Some technical innovations are on the agenda that will keep me busy. Regardless of modifications, I still have an idea for a general game form for Panzer Corps that I'm currently testing. If something comes up, I might present it here next spring.

So, and at very short term, namely today, I will start watching the 11 films of the Star Wars saga every Wednesday until the end of the year (as if Panzer Corps wasn't nerdy enough already), if nothing comes up. I also have an "Empire at War" game lying around, which is even older than Panzer Corps and which I'll be using again after a few years of abstinence.

Regarding Thunderhog's comment on Star Wars, I remember a line by Master Yoda from Episode 5 (The Empire Strikes Back). "Long have I watched him. All his life, looking to the future he was, to the horizon. Never was his mind in the same place where his body is. What did he do? He was searching for adventure, emotion. A Jedi Knight does not crave these things. What matters is the here and now." So it's very simple - use what's already there today in terms of all sorts of mods from all sorts of people. There is plenty of it.

May the Force (or Panzer Corps, as the case may be) be with you always.
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Last edited by bondjamesbond on Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubyjuno

Post by rubyjuno »

Sonja89_1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:30 pm Thank you for the positive comments, which make me very happy.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. After all those hours of hard work on your mod I think you deserve a break!

You truly are a Jedi of modding. Enjoy the saga.
StarWars002.jpg
StarWars002.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
roket
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by roket »

Hallo Sonja ,

vielen Dank für deine Mod , tolle Arbeit und die Hinweise in Deutsch für die Installation , hoffe es wird auch noch mal ein richtigen Panzer Corps geben .
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

Eastern front is scary )))) I will have to replay as in the next map there are almost no troops left for defence )))

https://laststandonzombieisland.com/tag ... t-tractor/
Last edited by bondjamesbond on Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonja89_1

Post by Sonja89_1 »

Rubyjuno: You truly are a Jedi of modding.
If your statement is true, I should beware of the Empire :) . By the way, a very nice photo with Ford, Fisher+Hamill. I assume that it dates back to the 70s. That makes it almost historical itself.

Roket: Vielen Dank für deine Mod , tolle Arbeit und die Hinweise in Deutsch für die Installation , hoffe es wird auch noch mal ein richtigen Panzer Corps geben .
Willkommen auf diesen Seiten, Roket. Es freut mich, dass du mit D2R etwas anfangen kannst und hoffentlich viel Freude damit hast.

bondjamesbond wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:37 pm Eastern front is scary )))) I will have to replay as in the next map there are almost no troops left for defence )))
I have to tell you that the Western Front is even tougher. In the second half of 1916, it consisted of the individual battles of the Battle of the Somme. There were very strong attacks by the Entente. But I'm sure that a hard-headed fellow like you will get it right in the end.

If things get too tough, here are some general tips for everyone: :arrow: Try to preserve the substance of your units whenever possible. Minimising losses is much more important than a DV in a mission.
:arrow: Always give your bombers fighter protection. Take into account that there were phases where the Entente planes were superior to the German models. This was particularly difficult in the second half of 1916 until the first Albatros fighters arrived.
:arrow: With your ground units, form a group of about 5 to 6 German heavy infantry to act as stabilisers. The heavy infantry can be converted into 3 different modes and is flexible and robust at the same time. It acts here in WW1 like the tanks in WW2.
:arrow: Set the difficulty level appropriately. Go to the advanced settings and fine-tune the position to suit you. But don't set the level too easy. Slowly feel your way to the right setting.
eskuche
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by eskuche »

Just finished the Prussian field command campaign. Excellently done as usual :)
Back to DAW playthrough 2
Sonja89_1

Post by Sonja89_1 »

eskuche wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:13 pm Just finished the Prussian field command campaign. Excellently done as usual :)
Back to DAW playthrough 2
I'm very pleased that you're coping well with the scenarios. That suggests that you have a lot of experience.

As there are several ways to play the campaigns, you can take on the tasks several times.
Do try experimenting with different levels of difficulty in the fine tuning.
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

I started with 50% experience and 50% prestige this time. Hopefully that should tone down even Brandenberger spam :)
Sonja89_1

Post by Sonja89_1 »

eskuche wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:22 am I started with 50% experience and 50% prestige this time. Hopefully that should tone down even Brandenberger spam :)
That is already a noticeable increase in difficulty. But it should be manageable for an experienced player like you.

However, I have to point out something that is easily overlooked. In both DAW and D2R, a number of basic values have been changed slightly. I have set the gain of experience lower in the campaigns and already corresponds to the level of "Field Marshal" in the basic setting (Colonel), i.e. approx. 50%. If the level is also set to 50%, you will hardly gain any experience later on with higher experience. Instead of further reducing the gain of your own experience, I recommend increasing the experience values of the AI by approx. 25% instead. This has a more immediate effect on the game as an additional difficulty and has a similar effect to the "Field Marshal" setting.

As a brief explanation, it should be mentioned here again that some factors have a different effect in DAW and D2R, which make the game easier or more difficult compared to the original campaigns.
The deactivation of the soft cap makes the game easier. In addition, the player receives 150 instead of 100 points for capturing a primary objective and 80 instead of 50 points for capturing a simple flag. The AMULET part (for DAW - especially flak, which can also be used on ground targets) also makes things a lot easier. Own towed AT guns and even Stugs have a camouflage mode, which always brings significant advantages.
Overstrength does not have a higher cost scale. You pay as much for overstrength from 14 to 15 as for 10 to 11. If you upgrade, the overstrength is not lost.

The noticeably higher number of enemy units makes things more difficult. This is another reason why more battles are necessary to gain experience. It corresponds roughly to the field marshal setting. Heroes also only come with a higher number of kill points. However, as there are a large number of enemy units, this is perfectly bearable. The AI also has units with heroes, which are often very dangerous and unpleasant. Prestige points are (almost) never awarded automatically during a scenario. The player must generate his points by conquering or taking prisoners. Otherwise, you have to make do with what is awarded between missions.

You should be aware of these differences when you get started on these campaigns. If you do it right, it can be a very exciting rollercoaster ride. However, if you do it too carelessly, the carriage will quickly fly off the rails.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”