ao'45 and pacific status

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

billmv44
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: California

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by billmv44 »

PaxusZero wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:52 pm People's General was absolutely brilliant. It was the last of the five star series. That's what I really, REALLY want slitherine to work on after AO 45.
I'd love an updated version of Peoples General. Take my money now please!
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
Allied Corps Beta Tester
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

As I underlined when the first announcement of PC2 going to pacific was made it seems to me that the endeavour is complex and almost very challenging for the developers. This because of the actual game mechanics for naval warfare. Pacific campaigns need an extremely wide area of operatons and wide oceanic maps (unless you only focus on jungle and limited amphibious scenarios). The gamel mechanics for open sea reconnaisance, surface ship gun and torpedo firings, as well for carrier ops, asw ops and submarine ops are really poor even if compared with those of OOB ww2 naval warfare. Sorry but I am really not confident on the feasability of a pacifc transition of the game. In any case I cosider PC2 a masterpiece in land and air combat and a really enjoyable playground overall. Thanks for your superb job and continue with new DLC in european theatre (AK for instance)
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by RVallant »

Personally, still holding out for Allied and Pacific corps.

With what they did in the AO series, I can totally see Allied being more viable, as we can have non-core combat in critical locations where defeats happened ~ Poland for example.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by PanzerCro »

Any news here ? :)
Thunderhog
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:38 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Thunderhog »

PanzerCro wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:02 pm Any news here ? :)
Asked on todays stream. No news that they can say yet but they said news will come.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by PanzerCro »

Any update on Pacific ??
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:35 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by do335b6 »

any news on the Pacific?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Retributarr »

"Have no-fear!", the Game will be here!.

I have been waiting just as long as everyone else... yet!... i am not twisted-up over the extended duration of time for completion of this Pacific-Game. Why???... because i realize how complicated this new effort is... and have some inkling of an idea of how difficult it will be to make this Game happen.

So!...Relax!!!... they have indicated that "Update-News" will becoming to us in the near future... lets patiently wait to hear and see what has to be said on this issue.
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Erasermarek »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pm "Have no-fear!", the Game will be here!.

I have been waiting just as long as everyone else... yet!... i am not twisted-up over the extended duration of time for completion of this Pacific-Game. Why???... because i realize how complicated this new effort is... and have some inkling of an idea of how difficult it will be to make this Game happen.

So!...Relax!!!... they have indicated that "Update-News" will becoming to us in the near future... lets patiently wait to hear and see what has to be said on this issue.
Nearly december 2023... still relaxing? We wait for DLC since 07/2021 and have not received anything since then.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Retributarr »

Erasermarek wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:00 pm
Retributarr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pm "Have no-fear!", the Game will be here!.

I have been waiting just as long as everyone else... yet!... i am not twisted-up over the extended duration of time for completion of this Pacific-Game. Why???... because i realize how complicated this new effort is... and have some inkling of an idea of how difficult it will be to make this Game happen.

So!...Relax!!!... they have indicated that "Update-News" will becoming to us in the near future... lets patiently wait to hear and see what has to be said on this issue.
Nearly december 2023... still relaxing? We wait for DLC since 07/2021 and have not received anything since then.
True!... True!... it shouldn't be so-difficult to give us some kind of "current status progress report"... i too would like to know where this Game is at!.
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by RVallant »

Well '46 is out quicker than I'd have anticipated.

Can't imagine Pacific will be that far off. Middle of 2024 if I'd guess, earlier if they're feeling nice. :)
Kimdal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Kimdal »

Retributarr wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:43 am
Erasermarek wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:00 pm
Retributarr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 pm "Have no-fear!", the Game will be here!.

I have been waiting just as long as everyone else... yet!... i am not twisted-up over the extended duration of time for completion of this Pacific-Game. Why???... because i realize how complicated this new effort is... and have some inkling of an idea of how difficult it will be to make this Game happen.

So!...Relax!!!... they have indicated that "Update-News" will becoming to us in the near future... lets patiently wait to hear and see what has to be said on this issue.
Nearly december 2023... still relaxing? We wait for DLC since 07/2021 and have not received anything since then.
True!... True!... it shouldn't be so-difficult to give us some kind of "current status progress report"... i too would like to know where this Game is at!.
Or maybe they don’t have any solution to the problems in naval combat system and therefore they can’t tell any better estimate or status report. IIRC, they didn’t say it’s ready in 2024.They just said it won’t be ready in 2023.
Kimdal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Kimdal »

RVallant wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:43 pm Well '46 is out quicker than I'd have anticipated.

Can't imagine Pacific will be that far off. Middle of 2024 if I'd guess, earlier if they're feeling nice. :)
I can easily imagine that the dev team tries to find a solution to the problems in naval combat system during 2024 and 2025, and in the end of 2025 the development is abandoned due to unsolved problems.

Everything has been ready for a long time except the naval combat system. If they haven’t been able to solve that in two years why would they find a solution in the next few years?

I’m not saying this scenario is probable, just that it’s possible.
Thunderhog
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:38 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Thunderhog »

No way Pacific isn't out in 2024. That dev team has been working on nothing but Pacific.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the land of freedom

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by terminator »

We have new japaneese units with the last DLC
Kimdal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Kimdal »

Thunderhog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:14 pm No way Pacific isn't out in 2024. That dev team has been working on nothing but Pacific.
I hope I'm wrong but it looks to me that Pacific is abandoned. But because there are other DLCs coming the publisher's interest is not to inform the customers about cancellation of the Pacific. This is not objective fact, only my reasoning based on evidence and I may well be wrong about this.

It may not even be active cancellation, but halting the project until someone finds a good enough solution to the problems at hand. Meanwhile the Pacific dev team is working on other priorities. And it's likely that the solution is never found.

Why I'm thinking like this? Well, I've been a professional software developer about 30 years and I have seen many different companies. What I was speculating in this post would be most logical explanation IMO.
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:38 am

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by kverdon »

For mostly better and somewhat worse, I don’t think Pacific Corps 2 will ever see the light of day. This is mostly a good thing as the naval combat mechanics in Panzer Corps 2 are so massively messed up that no DLC will fix it, it needs a massive rewrite of the game engine. Just lol at how horribly bad the naval battles at the beginning of AO 1946 are and you will agree it is time to “Scrap the Lot” and start over with a better engine.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Retributarr »

kverdon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:25 am For mostly better and somewhat worse, I don’t think Pacific Corps 2 will ever see the light of day. This is mostly a good thing as the naval combat mechanics in Panzer Corps 2 are so massively messed up that no DLC will fix it, it needs a massive rewrite of the game engine. Just lol at how horribly bad the naval battles at the beginning of AO 1946 are and you will agree it is time to “Scrap the Lot” and start over with a better engine.
YODA (kverdon) Has Spoken!!!. "Let it be said, Let it be done!"
YODA Quote: "Do or Do Not!, There is No-Try!"... It's called either "Make absolutely No-Effort to rectify the situation"... or do "Make it Happen!"... there is "No-Room for a-Half-Hearted-Feeble Try".
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the land of freedom

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by terminator »

Remember Cyberpunk 2077:

Capture d’écran (107).png
Capture d’écran (107).png (72.24 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Tassadar
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Tassadar »

terminator wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:51 pm Remember Cyberpunk 2077:


Capture d’écran (107).png
That did not age well given the state of the release version. :D

However, I guess we are closer to Pacific Corps now than ever - after AO 1946 a lot of Japanese units were added, the naval aspect has been redesigned with the way capital ships are handled, etc. This is all groundwork required to prepare the Pacific Corps campaign.
kverdon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:25 am For mostly better and somewhat worse, I don’t think Pacific Corps 2 will ever see the light of day. This is mostly a good thing as the naval combat mechanics in Panzer Corps 2 are so massively messed up that no DLC will fix it, it needs a massive rewrite of the game engine. Just lol at how horribly bad the naval battles at the beginning of AO 1946 are and you will agree it is time to “Scrap the Lot” and start over with a better engine.
The current system is far from ideal, but within the engine limitations it is serviceable. The campaign would probably still focus on ground combat anyway, with the naval element having a supporting role, so this is as good as it will get without messing with the system. Panzer Corps 2 engine is not going anywhere anytime soon (Panzer Corps 3 seem to be a thing for no sooner than 10 years into the future given how slow new tech appears these days and that the move to 3D was all the game really needed for now), so it will have impact on any future DLC projects, but I doubt it will stop anything.
Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”