Autobreak

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Autobreak

Post by ravenflight »

Hi All,

It's been done before, and I've searched previous threads, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing this right:

Scenario: A BG of 8 steady Average Pike with a general in the front rank get reduced to 4 bases in the Melee phase:

Melee Phase
1 - Resolve melee combats - the Pike are reduced to 4 bases and autobreak.
2 - Resolve all the cohesion checks for this phase (they pass), then death roll, which is effectively when the pike really 'break', then commander death. :!:
3 - Assault camps (not relevant - put in for completeness)
4 - We now know the unit has broken so those within 3 MU test
5 - VMD to see how far they run, and if they get caught do another test for the commander. :?:

JAPhase
blah blah blah - the figures are removed from the table, and the commander (if he's still hanging around) can mosey up to the next BG who are probably looking at him with a suspicious glint in their eye - especially if they happened to notice he was leading the last failed assault!

:!: They passed the cohesion test, but they broke, so is the roll a 10 or an 11 (assuming they lost) or a 12 (assuming they won)
:?: This is definitely a 10.

Does that sound right?
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

Killing generals is an 11+ in combat, a 10+ after pursuit move
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

They also do another rout move in the JAP phase then are removed form play at the end of the phase
David
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

philqw78 wrote:Killing generals is an 11+ in combat, a 10+ after pursuit move
To clarify: a general gets killed on an 11+ if the BG he is leading from the front rank takes at least two hits and loses the combat. If the BG takes at least two hits but does not lose the combat, he gets killed on a 12.

Marc
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

babyshark wrote:To clarify: a general gets killed on an 11+ if the BG he is leading from the front rank takes at least two hits and loses the combat. If the BG takes at least two hits but does not lose the combat, he gets killed on a 12.

Marc
Pedant.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
spikemesq
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by spikemesq »

I thought that autobreaks happen in the JAP, so here the Pike would rout only then and not in the Melee Phase.

Also do the autobreaking Pikes count as breaking in close combat such that they force tests to nearby units (don't have the rules handy to check)?

Spike
marshalney2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by marshalney2000 »

Spike, auto breaks happen immediately but the units are not removed until the end of the JAP. other units test for their rout as they would any other
John
countadam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by countadam »

marshalney2000 wrote:Spike, auto breaks happen immediately but the units are not removed until the end of the JAP. other units test for their rout as they would any other
John
Thats correct - They rout again. However you only test for a break and never a rout. So, only those units within 3MUs of the break test.

Return to “Rules Questions”