Breaking off

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Breaking off

Post by batesmotel » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 am

A couple questions on breaking off in FoG pc sincre I have not found any mention of this in the on-line help.

1) When do mounted troops in FoG PC decide to break off? I'm not certain but it seems not to always happen when facing steady foot like it does in the miniature version.

2) Is there any penalty for mounted units which attempt and fail to break off? They do not seem to drop a cohesion level like they do in the miniature rules so are ther any other penalties they suffer?

Thanks,
Chris

Telex
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Telex » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

I'm curious about this too... I was looking in the ingame rules and couldn't find the section on breaking off. Can anyone shed some light on it, or point me in the direction of the rules?

Thanks

deeter
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by deeter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 pm

All breakoffs seem a little bit random, however it's safe to assume they will break off from undisordered heavy foot. They don't suffer cohesion loss if they fail to break off.

Deeter

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Will try to include more in game help on this topic.

Mounted will break off if at least 1/2 their opponents (qty battlegroups) are steady foot after fighting a melee combat.

Keith

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 am

The designers have stated that not losing cohesion for failing to breakoff was purposely left out of the PC game, not sure why so no there is no penalty for not being able to break off. Sure wish they put it in as it would have made for some easy points in a lot of games.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”