After Lost Scrolls?

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

After Lost Scrolls?

Post by ScipioTerra » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:01 pm

I read here (somewhere) that after Lost Scrolls was published any remaining armies that didn't make it into Lost Scrolls would be published online. Has there been any word on that happening?

Many thanks.

pcelella
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by pcelella » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 am

If I remember correctly, I thought early in the releases of FoG products that there was mention of eventually having a campaign book that would be released. My impression is that this would have been something describing how to organize and play in campaigns, I'm still hoping that such a product gets released eventually.

Peter C

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:08 pm

A campaign rule book would definitely be nice.

I guess that I should have added: Will there be armies that did not make it into Lost Scrolls that will be made available online? Or perhaps in a "Lost Scrolls Part II"?

benos
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

post lost scrolls

Post by benos » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:01 pm

i suspect that a break followed by FOG:R are the first orders.

i understand any further lists will be by web download?

Ben

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Ben

Given that Amazon have FoG:R as September delivery, that is a significant break.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 am

timmy1 wrote: Given that Amazon have FoG:R as September delivery, that is a significant break.
Even great ones must pee. :lol:

Legionbuilder

Post by Legionbuilder » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 am

Yes
and siege rules

Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Martin0112 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:10 pm

What about a naval expansion?

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Martin0112 wrote:What about a naval expansion?
I expect that will have to wait until after FoG-R and FoG-N have been finished.

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 pm

I have purchased the FoG core rules and all 13 army books AND FoG PC AND pre-ordering the RoR expansion. It is my opinion that FoG TT really ought to be finished before ANY other new product is released. Sorry if that isn't politically correct with some folks.

It is just the way that I feel.

It was said in this forum that the remaining army lists would be published online after Lost Scrolls was published.

Collectively speaking, FoG TT is the most expensive miniatures rule set in all of recorded history.

It isn't being demanding (or disrespectful) to say that the final online army lists truly are something that are owed to those who have been so loyal. What a nice way it would be to say "thank you" to those who have spent so much.

Slitherine, please publish them before publishing any other new product.

Best Regards,
Rick

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:13 pm

If you have particular armies that you are waiting for, why not prime the pump by posting a proposed list for the army or armies (or at least start a discussion) in the player designed lists forum? I suspect that's the best way to see online army lists including your army sooner rather than later.

Chris
ScipioTerra wrote:I have purchased the FoG core rules and all 13 army books AND FoG PC AND pre-ordering the RoR expansion. It is my opinion that FoG TT really ought to be finished before ANY other new product is released. Sorry if that isn't politically correct with some folks.

It is just the way that I feel.

It was said in this forum that the remaining army lists would be published online after Lost Scrolls was published.

Collectively speaking, FoG TT is the most expensive miniatures rule set in all of recorded history.

It isn't being demanding (or disrespectful) to say that the final online army lists truly are something that are owed to those who have been so loyal. What a nice way it would be to say "thank you" to those who have spent so much.

Slitherine, please publish them before publishing any other new product.

Best Regards,
Rick
....where life is beautiful all the time

pyrrhus
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by pyrrhus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

When are the space combat rules coming ? My plutomacedoinians are ready for a fight .Now what is the POA for a pikeman with four arms three picks and a shield at impact again? :lol:

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:28 pm

ScipioTerra wrote: It was said in this forum that the remaining army lists would be published online after Lost Scrolls was published.

I belive at best it was said that there may be lists published online - there has, to my knowledge, never been a commitment to do so.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

pyrrhus
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by pyrrhus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am

Please god dont let it end ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (just kidding ) Now lets start talking revisions (just kidding ) :lol:

ShrubMiK
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ShrubMiK » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 am

ScipioTerra, how exactly would you define "finished"?

No matter how many additional lists are published, I'm sure somebody somewhere will be able to come up with at least one they think is missing.

johno
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by johno » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm

ShrubMiK wrote:ScipioTerra, how exactly would you define "finished"?

No matter how many additional lists are published, I'm sure somebody somewhere will be able to come up with at least one they think is missing.
Like Iron Age Zagros Highlanders (which I do have an army for) to supplement the Bronze Age ones in Lost Scrolls (which I don't)

johno
John Orange

Club Web Site: Plymouth Association of Wargamers

Family Web Site: The Oranges

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 am

nikgaukroger wrote:
ScipioTerra wrote: It was said in this forum that the remaining army lists would be published online after Lost Scrolls was published.

I belive at best it was said that there may be lists published online - there has, to my knowledge, never been a commitment to do so.
I am sorry for taking so long to answer you Nik, but here it is. Posted: 08 Apr 2009 20:30 by rbodleyscott:

rbodleyscott wrote:
MikeK wrote:That's all the lost scrolls that were found?
It is all the Lost Scrolls that there was room for. Any others will eventually be made available as free downloads.

-----
Now that looks to me to be as much of a commitment as anyone can possibly make. THE MAN himself said that those that did not make the printing will eventually be made available as a free download. So, avoiding the very idea in an official manner does not seem very nice, oh great FoG Moderator.

My feeling is that we've all paid it forward, so I am asking for us all. Is that so bad?

If there will not be any posted online. Just say so and end this. Say it was all a mistake. ----OR, own up to it by supporting those that supported FoG.

Respectfully Yours,
Rick

grahambriggs
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by grahambriggs » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 am

I rather suspect if the "free" word is introduced there will be other views expressed than those of the rules author. The owners, for example, might have a say.

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 am

ScipioTerra wrote:
I am sorry for taking so long to answer you Nik, but here it is. Posted: 08 Apr 2009 20:30 by rbodleyscott:

rbodleyscott wrote:
MikeK wrote:That's all the lost scrolls that were found?
It is all the Lost Scrolls that there was room for. Any others will eventually be made available as free downloads.

Well there you go then, I'd obviously missed that :shock:

Must admit I'm rather suprised as all the info I had (from JD, etc.) was that it was a possibility and not a definite.

If it happens it will (probably) have to wait until the FoG:R lists are done which will be quite a few months yet. Anyway I look forward to finding out as much as you :P
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

timmy1

Post by timmy1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Nik

Does 'Anyway I look forward to finding out as much as you' mean that you are as eagar as ScipioTerra to find out something, or does it mean that you want to be exposed to as much knowledge as ScipioTerra posseses?

Just wondering...

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”