LoS Feature

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

jamespcrowley
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

LoS Feature

Post by jamespcrowley »

The DAG is excellent and although there appear to be some rough edges and a few issues, I'm sure these will be ironed out in due course.

And it is great to see the new expansion on the horizon.

However, the LOS feature was advertised as being part of RoR and I would like to think that it will be available sooner than later.
ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra »

This is an excellent question. LOS was advertised for RoR. I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to activate it???

Also, increasing elevation seems to have no affect on a units movement. Units can move just as many hexes going uphill as they can on an flat surface. I am I missing something?
Xiccarph
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Xiccarph »

ScipioTerra wrote:This is an excellent question. LOS was advertised for RoR. I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to activate it???

Also, increasing elevation seems to have no affect on a units movement. Units can move just as many hexes going uphill as they can on an flat surface. I am I missing something?
I don't beleive LOS mad it into ROR, not sure why but I think there was post on this topic. Steep hills will slow units down.
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

They wanted to release RoR as soon as possible and LOS wasn't quite ready. It will be included in a future patch. Hopefully soon. I think it was a wise decision on their part.
ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra »

Cool. LOS in a future patch. Go guys, go. :D
keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith »

LOS will definately be in the next update. Keith
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

keithmartinsmith wrote:LOS will definately be in the next update. Keith
If LOS is still in need of testing and their is a fix for the routing unit at the edge of the map crashes, I for one would be willing to take the next patch without LOS.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

If it becomes a choice of prioritising development resources between testing LOS and fixing the edge rout problem, then my vote is fixing the edge rout. Whilst LOS would be a great addition, there is nothing more frustrating than having a battle end after 10 turns without a result after having invested time and effort, particularly when you feel you may have just gained a superior position :evil:

In a game recently I found myself willing my opponent to rear-shunt my unit to stop it routing a unit pinned to the edge. Losing a unit was preferable to having the game terminated prematurely... and willing your own unit to die just isn't right.

Now, if it is prioritising LOS versus Storm of Arrows, then LoS should take preference. Just my opinion :wink:
ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra »

I second the motion.

You know, come to think of it..... You just have to hand it to Hex War and Slitherine. They've done far better than I could have ever pulled off. Best of luck and God's speed to all that are working on FoG PC.

:D
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It's generally pretty hard to hide or back out a half-finished feature to get a patch out for a bug. It's unfortunate that this bug has cropped up just at the point where we are trying to finialise some new features, and thus prevents us from reacting to it as fast as usual. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Pip
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Yes it is an inconvenience but I'm sure you guys are working hard. As for games being terminated early I don't feel this is the case as you can just complete the game after the patch comes out. That is what I will be doing. Just PM your opponent and explain the cause of the match delay.

Steve
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

pantherboy wrote:As for games being terminated early I don't feel this is the case as you can just complete the game after the patch comes out.
Where did you read that this will be possible? At least for other errors, Slitherine has said that the games are irrecoverable...
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

76mm wrote:
pantherboy wrote:As for games being terminated early I don't feel this is the case as you can just complete the game after the patch comes out.
Where did you read that this will be possible? At least for other errors, Slitherine has said that the games are irrecoverable...
I'm talking about the rout issue of the side. The game crashes at the point it routes but it doesn't cease the game. The next time you open FOG the turn is reset to prior the bug. Since it occurs in the end turn phase for my game I simply have saved my turn after completing it and when the patch comes out I'll end turn.
keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith »

The rout issue is fixed as part of the next update. The update also adds the LOS rules. Keith
vitriol
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Rout issue solved and LOS all together???

Post by vitriol »

great :D

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”