Great game, great support

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Great game, great support

Post by Rosseau »

For what it's worth, I own every serious wargame Matrix/Slitherine has to offer, and then some.

Point is, I am jaded. But not by BA. This game is a real beauty.

In fact, I was still liking it despite the game editor not working for me and not being able to save a game, due to a bug.

But Pip just goes ahead and fixes the problem for us in a few hours.

I find that level of service just incredible. You won't find that on Steam. And Steam is good.

Thank you Pip, Ian and the rest of the team. You are leading the pack in this market.
Rom1944
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rom1944 »

+1 I totally agree with the support and im liking the game very much too.
Sleet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sleet »

Agreed. Great game, am having fun in the desert campaign currently. (when I am supposed to be working) ;)

Awesome support as well.

Great work all around Slitherine.
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

I too have a large stash of very serious very credible wargames (mainly Matrix Games and Slitherine).

Truth is, no matter how great a game is 'said' to be, it's only the ones you actually play that count.

I also call it a valid measuring point, any game you can play, and lose at, and laugh, to be truly a unique experience.

I love ASL for instance, mostly because win or lose it's a hoot.

That's true here with BBC BA. I just won a game I technically speaking mangled. Ok winning with a bren carrier is not something to be proud of :)
I had to call in 3 artillery strikes and 2 bombing missions to kill off the last dang axis tank just so I could run in scoop a VP location that fortunately was a vehicle drive by option so I could claim the win.

But it is that sort of experience that makes the game fun.

Die!! why won't you die!! :)
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Well said.

I've had WitP AE and similar games for months now. The time commitment to just reading the docs is significant.

I am hoping BA will catch on and expand like FoG.
vidzm7
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by vidzm7 »

I disagree with you. I cannot save a game. When i try to load - nothing happens. I have to start afresh from the tutorial!!!! Save and load are basic functions for any gamer. if they go this wrong they do not rectify on an individual basis - a fix is issued.

I ran a 300 person major government development shop. I know something about buts and fixes. Disappointing!!!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is a one off so please post a reply in the tech support forum. We'll get you up and running ASAP!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I have yet to try and save a game now that they fixed the ESC problem for me. Too much fun to stop playing until the scenario is finished. But I will try it. If I quit out, I can go back to the scenario I was playing and not have to re-start from the tutorial.
MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon »

Have had no problem with the Save process. Hit the esc key and just inputed my file name and click ... saved. Also loaded perfectly from that save.
rubeus2003
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rubeus2003 »

I don´t usually write in forums which are not in my language, but this game deserves the effort :)
I´m agree with Rosseau: this is a great game. Very good design (a brave decision in wargames), great gameplay, good sound, music... Congratulations!

Yesterday I bought the game, started to play and... time flies!! 8)

Magnificent. :D
Windycity
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Windycity »

Hands down,

Best WWII tactical “NEW” engine in over a decade .
DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ »

Windycity wrote:Hands down,

Yup. As I've said in other threads it's so good I sullied my new 27" iMac with a Boot Camp partition just to play this one game, until the OS X version hits. Even then, if I have to (serial number not being cross-platform) I'll buy a second OS X copy to support this excellent franchise.

Are there minor improvements to be made? Sure. Each of us probably has a small list of things we'd like to see (for me, making some of the editor stuff more intuitive and UI-based would be a good start), but overall this has become a huge favourite of mine, even with the minor hassle of having to reboot into Windows to play the game. So much so even finishing the last stages of testing my own iPad title (and 8th iOS game) is taking a back seat.

Thanks, Slitherine!

P.S. Is the OS version being ported in house, or is someone like like Edwin at Feral or the folks at Virtual Programming handling the port?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We are aiming to make it our first in-house Mac title. Hopefully it will not throw up too many tricky issues!

Cheers

Pip
CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow »

pipfromslitherine wrote:We are aiming to make it our first in-house Mac title. Hopefully it will not throw up too many tricky issues!

Cheers

Pip
Just bought the game and I am smacked by its design, subtlety and quality. Just had a holiday in Normandy visiting all sites and musea and reading many books; every real story plays out in the game. It is a GEM!
Thank you Slitherine for this extraordinary product. I was deceived by its looks and silly moves at first... but than there was the gold underneath.
I will buy an OS X port the minute it comes out, and .... it begs for and iPad port. Although I hope you will not make it since I would probably have to quit my job ;-)
I am looking forward to any minor improvements although it is sooo good atm. British para's would make my day.

Keep up the splendid work! It is a classic in the making.

Captain S
cptkremmen

Post by cptkremmen »

Have to agree, and the support is really well above standard for the industry. Put in for a bonus Pip!!
MesaDon

Post by MesaDon »

cptkremmen wrote:

Have to agree, and the support is really well above standard for the industry. Put in for a bonus Pip!!
I do have to agree about the support even if I whine a lot, at least I know someone is listening, which is more then can be said for many companies in all fields. Once again Good Job Guys!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

There are very few comments which don't lead directly to action items on our todo list. So keep up the comments and suggestions. Not all of them turn out to be possible, but they all get attention! :)

As an example, the first editor plugin I am looking to build as a test should (if it works) edge water automatically for you.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy”