Warfare 2010

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Warfare 2010

Post by madaxeman »

4 reports now posted from Warfare 2010 Classical period

See Marginally More Morally Bankrupt Dominate Romans in action against two lots of EAP, some Huns and some Bosporans.

Added snippets of embedded commentary from Garibaldi and Napoleon throughout the reports

tim
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
bertalucci
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bertalucci »

Oh dear

Still love the reports though
timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

I second that...
countadam
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by countadam »

Thanks for posting this. As always, an entertaining read.
Strategos69
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Strategos69 »

Yes, I liked it a lot and at the same time I learnt much about hwo the game works. It also discourages me from going to any competition. I can´t imagine how it can be playing games where almost nothing happens.
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

The difficulty with our game was that both armies are too manouverable. My Persians can take on everything but the legions, but the legions were deployed in the centre. So I tried to attack on my right, Tim ran away and brought the legions over. So I ran away to try an attack on the left, so Tim brought the legion over. Both armies were far too manouverable.

I'd designed my EAP to take on the 'grit and air' type armies I (correctly) expected to dominate. Unfortunately, I completely missed them in the draw, fighting Roman with elite legions - eek, Tim's Roman, Gallic and Carthaginian.

Fortunately the authors are aware of the issues of excess manouverability
azrael86
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by azrael86 »

Strategos69 wrote:Yes, I liked it a lot and at the same time I learnt much about hwo the game works. It also discourages me from going to any competition. I can´t imagine how it can be playing games where almost nothing happens.
What you're missing is that to an extent, picking a Roman army will get you this result, because head-on virtually nothing will beat legions. Likewise, very few people will take on 2 units of 8 immortals.

If you look at the results in the other warfare comp (EotD) - there weren't many uneventful games - and the MF classifications seemed to make cavalry less effective.

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”