The Wars of the Roses: a round up

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

The Wars of the Roses: a round up

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 pm

I have completed all the scenarios now for this fascinating period of history. They are as follows . . .

Blore Heath 1459 (river crossing)
Northampton 1460 (an assault on a fortified position) *
Wakefield 1460 (ambush) *
Mortimer's Cross 1461 (battle)
Ferrybridge 1461 (river crossing)
Hedgeley Moor 1464 (battle)
Hexham 1464 (surprise attack on a camp)
Edgcote Moor 1469 (battle) *
Barnet 1471 (battle in the fog)
Bosworth Field 1485 (battle) *

In addition, maximvs has contributed Stoke Field 1487 (battle).

Not included here are the two battles of St Albans (1455 and 1461) because they require buildings - and the two very important battles of Towton (1461) and Tewkesbury (1471) because they are already included in the FOG roster of historical battles. I did not make the "Battle" of Losecoat Field (1470) because it was basically a non-battle. The Lancastrians retreated almost immediately.

A very simple idea for two players to play a War of the Roses campaign is to choose dynasties and then select a number of battles (or all of them) giving 2 points for a win and 1 pt for a draw. The player with the most points gets to be king in 1487! :lol:

Thanks to eveyone who has helped me play test these scenarios, particularly Max, Frank, Bryant, Dave, "xaal"and John. I will continue to update and improve them where possible and I intend to submit all of them to the developers in due course so players can read the historical notes and try out the "historical variations" that are included with some of the scenarios (marked *).

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 am

I have been looking at standardising the values that I have given the various armies across this batch of scenarios. There were several inconsistencies with regards to levels of armour/protection and command radius. I will finish this exercise shortly and update the scenarios for the last time before sending them all off to the developers.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Great job :)

petrus58
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by petrus58 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I entirely agree with Iain. I haven't played them all yet (but will), but those I have have been suitably challenging and great fun. Thanks for your time and effort - appreciated.

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”