Time of Fury is announced!

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time of Fury is announced!

Post by IainMcNeil »

THE DEFINITIVE WWII WARGAME IS COMING IN SPRING

Epsom, January 17th 2011,
It was the time of defiance, the time of life and faith, the time of wrath. It was the time of men against men, nation against nation. It was the time of planning and strategy against anger and rage.

A Time of Fury.

In World War II every single aspect of war was crucial: from troop movements to supply, from logistics to diplomacy, from innovation to careful use of terrain. Many games have tried to replicate the depth and complexity of this global conflict and only a few have managed to give an all around experience to players.

Today Slitherine and Wastelands Interactive are proud to announce a new game that will truly replicate all these aspects. The developers of the highly successful Time of Wrath are back to the European theater of war with an ambitious project that will allow players to truly experience what it was to be a decision maker of the period.

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

“We are proud to have signed this ambitious yet challenging and exciting project”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of Slitherine. “There aren’t too many developers around that are able to deliver such high quality titles whilst keeping an eye to an ever developing market and Wastelands is one of these for sure”.

Beta testers for Time of Fury are currently being recruited at Slitherine’s main site at the following link: http://slitherine.com/beta_test/time_of_fury

Leszek Lisowski , Leader Designer at Wasteland Interactive said: “We are very excited about the ability to work with world leading publisher of strategy games. This gives us the opportunity to deliver this easy to learn and hard to master title to all those who value a deep historical setting and accessible gameplay combined with the possibility to modify almost every aspect of the game”.

The game will be available in spring on Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) sites. For more information about the game, check out the official product page: http://slitherine.com/time_of_fury
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Can we expect a demo?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm not sure at this stage.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Oh no, another game to buy.....

Hmm this looks like a nice blend of Commander, Times of Wrath and Panzer General

I was just hoping the timeline might have been more along the lines of Attila or the 30 Years War instead of WW2, wishful thinking i guess.....maybe someday?
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by doomtrader »

Maybe :)
pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

WOW!

Post by pomakli »

Another wonderful game!

:P

Ian, if I'll get a problem with my wife, I'll give her your e-mail address!

:lol:

Registered as usual!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry Pomalki!
syagrius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by syagrius »

It looks very good, nice pics. Is it based on the Time of Wrath engine?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Indeed. Time of Fury engine is based on Time of Wrath engine, with a long list of improvements.
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

I was thinking buying ToW but seems this one is an improvement I will wait for it; definitly good looking game. As I see it will feature advanced stuff for multiplayer, will the single player mode be as good?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Of course player has got a great advantage over AI, which is called history book, but for sure can give players some rough times.
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

No worries, I know that there is no AI out there that can match an experienced human opponant :) I just wanted to know if as much attention and ressources will be devoted to the single player mode (AI) as with the improved multiplayer; you see I dont have time for multiplayer that much and more of a solo player time permitted.

Thanks for the quick feedback
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

It is very important for us to provide the player proper feeling when playing with AI, so if you will play as Germany, Ruskies will send masses of weak infantry on you, and western allies will rather weaken your forces with airstrikes, which affects not only your units strength but also its ability to fight.

The AI in campaign is trying to adapt itself to the current situation and use country advantages to defeat enemy.
Hammer4000
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Hammer4000 »

same song different tune, seems like this is happing alot lately, change a game already out, change some graphics & fix a few bugs and what not, that were probably were never fixed or neglected to fix in a patch & BOOM look at that a whole new game
Anraz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Anraz »

And what would say about a game which has totally new graphics, new GUI, dramatically changed engine, lots new or changed features, new scenarios and other new content...? Pardon me asking, but do you believe that it is the same game?
Hammer4000

Post by Hammer4000 »

no... i know its not the same game i,m gust saying its seems more of the same,
Anraz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Anraz »

In this case it is more of something else :)
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

And now the game is available
viewtopic.php?t=30193

Return to “Time of Fury”