If you run the game and nothing happens - read this!

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

harlow wrote:
rkr1958 wrote:
harlow wrote:I have the 1.12 version only, no previous GS installed. I deleted the scenarion info from a earlier post I read from the data/scenario and left only the 1939scn-1944scn and the war2map. When I open the game and click ok it disappears and nothing happens.
If you've never installed GS then you shouldn't have to delete any files. So, is CEaW 1.12 gold (or MH) not running for you? Or, are you having problems installing GSv2.00 over that version and getting that to run? And, by the way, have you created or customized any scenario (scn) files?
My 1.12 gold is working as normal. I have not installed any GS prior to GSv2.00. I have not changed or modified any thing. I have uninstalled everything. Than installed the CEAW game, updated to 1.12 Gold, and than downloaded the GSv2.00. Still won't start. I have looked in my files and there is an error listed among all the downloaded stuff. When I open it it says "Kernel Memory checked off". Don't know what that is. I was looking forward to this upgrade but I guess it's not to be.
Check the following to see if that applies to you: viewtopic.php?p=228570#228570
harlow
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by harlow »

rkr1958 wrote:
harlow wrote:
rkr1958 wrote:If you've never installed GS then you shouldn't have to delete any files. So, is CEaW 1.12 gold (or MH) not running for you? Or, are you having problems installing GSv2.00 over that version and getting that to run? And, by the way, have you created or customized any scenario (scn) files?
My 1.12 gold is working as normal. I have not installed any GS prior to GSv2.00. I have not changed or modified any thing. I have uninstalled everything. Than installed the CEAW game, updated to 1.12 Gold, and than downloaded the GSv2.00. Still won't start. I have looked in my files and there is an error listed among all the downloaded stuff. When I open it it says "Kernel Memory checked off". Don't know what that is. I was looking forward to this upgrade but I guess it's not to be.
Check the following to see if that applies to you: viewtopic.php?p=228570#228570
Finally got it, looks great, many thanks
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

harlow wrote:Finally got it, looks great, many thanks
Good deal! Good luck on your European conquest and domination! :D
rlnovak
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by rlnovak »

I just installed v1.12 and then installed GS 2.0. Never had GS installed before. I am running into this same problem. I found and deleted the settings.txt file in my documents for CeAW - there was no CeAW GS folder in my documents. any help would be appreciated.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

uGGHHH. I had another computer malady. I had GS version 2.03 installed. It ran fine. I downloaded and installed .19 + .22 + .19 scenarios...now...like before...when I click on SlithLaunch the window flashes momentarily and then nothing.

Could someone recap what to try?

I think I deleted the txtsettings thingie and ai scenarios.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

i also seem to be getting the kernel checking off error
Akira

Post by Akira »

I have installed CEAW GOLD and then GS 2.0

GOLD works fine,

but GS doesn't launch.

After I deleted the settings.txt file, it gave me a choice of language and I chose one - then nothing happened.

What should I do?
Akira

Post by Akira »

I have installed CEAW GOLD and then GS 2.0

GOLD works fine,

but GS doesn't launch.

After I deleted the settings.txt file, it gave me a choice of language and I chose one - then nothing happened.

What should I do?
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Akira wrote:I have installed CEAW GOLD and then GS 2.0

GOLD works fine,

but GS doesn't launch.

What should I do?
It sounds as though you've NOT installed GS to the correct location. This can happen if you use the default location in the GS installer; especially if you have CEaW Gold and not the Military History (MH) edition.

I'd recommend uninstalling GS and then rerunning the GS installer following the instruction in:

viewtopic.php?p=229170#229170
minutescount

Re: If you run the game and nothing happens - read this!

Post by minutescount »

I tried to delete the settings in CEaW, but there is not CEaW grand strategy file. I did down load it, successfully, I thought, but nothing is happening. Can you recommend anything?
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

minutescount wrote:I tried to delete the settings in CEaW, but there is not CEaW grand strategy file. I did down load it, successfully, I thought, but nothing is happening. Can you recommend anything?
Which version of the base game do you own? (1) The gold edition or (2) The Military History edition?

Edit: I see you have the Gold Edition (as you posted in the other thread). To avoid double posting let's continue this in that thread, which is: viewtopic.php?p=333037#p333037
Libuda

tried that but no success

Post by Libuda »

Several times I deleted the settings.txt Files and the CEaW grand strategy file but without any success I reinstalled the patches as described but with no success

Just a small dos box flashes for a second and thats it. I made a screenshot of the dosbox error message and it reads:
An unexpected error has been detected by hotspot virtual machine Java hotspot vm problematic frame...
I uploaded the error message pic.

Of course i got the latest java version and its correctly running

thx for your effort
Libuda
Attachments
commander-error.JPG
commander-error.JPG (146.49 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
wargamer4321
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by wargamer4321 »

I'm having a problem with 2.1V. About once a week it just will not boot and I have to uninstall and reinstall it to get to run. I've had the game for about 6 months and at first this problem was not there but the longer I've play the worse it has become it's to the point now that I'm having to reinstall the game twice a week. The game will start and go through the Slitherine screen and into the next couple of screens sometimes but then it will go to a black screen and just set there. I have to power off the computer at this point to get it to do anything the computer being locked up. I have windows 7 64 bit software and was running both Java 64 and 32 bit software. I deleted both Java versions and only reinstalled the 32 bit version. I also deleted my video drivers and reinstalled it. It is work well right now and doing thing like checking the fullscreen and sound boxes by itself before I would have to do that everytime I started it up.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Of course, this happens again now when I try to install 3.10. :( I removed the settings file from CEaW but I don't see a folder for 3.10, just 3.) Removing the file changes nothing. :(
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Where should the 3.10 be installed to? That line is blank when I run the installer.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Your main game folder. For me it's:

D:\Slitherine\Commander - Europe at War
20151225n

Post by 20151225n »

Hello everyone
I have read and tried the possible solutions suggested in this thread, however nothing seem to work. CEAW was working find until a couple of days ago. As far as I can tell, nothing was changed and I cannot find any updates that might affect CEAW from working. I checked that Java is up-to-date, and I tried uninstall and re-install without joy. I still get the blank DOS window that disappears in a split-second. Any advice mightily sought. Thank you.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”