Scenario Params

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

kongkrog
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Scenario Params

Post by kongkrog »

It seems that when you play a scenario, against computer or other human, you cannot see what the scenario parameters are anywhere. How many prestige you get? what the bonus for taking a city is? and so on.

I know that you can see some of this information if you start the scenario editor and open the scenario file. But is there no other way? An in-game feature like this would be great! - or a document with a list?

Best Regards
KongKrog
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Cities and flags in general are worth 50 prestige, and flags with objective golden borders are worth 100.
Per turn injection, however, varies from scenario to scenario, and does require looking at scenario parameters to precisely determine.

Among other things, this second item is something we're looking to possibly improve in the future.
kongkrog

Post by kongkrog »

Kerensky wrote:Cities and flags in general are worth 50 prestige, and flags with objective golden borders are worth 100.
Per turn injection, however, varies from scenario to scenario, and does require looking at scenario parameters to precisely determine.

Among other things, this second item is something we're looking to possibly improve in the future.

Ok. my expirience is that in some scenarios a city is worth 60 prestige? - maybe in multiplayer?

As I remember the old "version" (Panzer General I, II, PGforever) had a bonus for killing enemy units. Is this bonus in any of the PanzerCorps scenarios?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

kongkrog wrote:As I remember the old "version" (Panzer General I, II, PGforever) had a bonus for killing enemy units. Is this bonus in any of the PanzerCorps scenarios?
No.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

A good thing too, in my opinion.

You should be encouraged to focus on your objectives as the best way to defeat your enemy.

On any given map, hunting and destroying enemy units will achieve that end for you, but to remind you of the greater strategic plan, awarding only "sticking to the plan" is invaluable, IMHO.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Molve wrote:A good thing too, in my opinion.

You should be encouraged to focus on your objectives as the best way to defeat your enemy.

On any given map, hunting and destroying enemy units will achieve that end for you, but to remind you of the greater strategic plan, awarding only "sticking to the plan" is invaluable, IMHO.
Very well said and an excellent point.
Plus there are the medals and heroes; and they focus on the efforts of the unit. Where if prestige was awarded for killing enemy units; that would be reward the army and not so much the unit that did the actual fighting.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Also, if prestige were awarded for killing enemy strength in real life (rather than taking the far and few victory cities in the Russian steppes), Germany would have won over the Soviets no question... ;)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Prestige for kills used to be in the BETA, but it caused a lot of balance issues and there were some farming type exploits that didn't have acceptable solutions. Prestige for kills is a fairly popular idea though, so it may come back at some point in the future, if it can be worked in appropriately.
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Kerensky wrote:Prestige for kills is a fairly popular idea though, so it may come back at some point in the future, if it can be worked in appropriately.
The entire prestige earning per scenario would have to be re-balanced.
Even if each enemy unit destroyed gave the player only 10PP (1PP per strength), in a scenario with 40 enemy units, the player could acquire 400PP, after just four scenarios (ex, Poland to France) the player would have won 1.600PP more. Thats huge.
kongkrog

Post by kongkrog »

I agree that it is a good idea not to give prestigepoints for killing enemy units. My point was that knowing the rules for getting prestigepoints is essential. (any rules are acceptabple, as long as you know the rule).

Using the PanzerCorps editor you can learn the rules of prestigepoints of the standard scenarios, but what about the multiplayer scenarios? I don't see them anywhere?

Regards
KongKrog
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Prestige Rules are the same for every game unless a map design incorporates rewards for a specific objective or task.

when this happens it is usually in the notes when posted in the forum.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Razz1 wrote:Prestige Rules are the same for every game unless a map design incorporates rewards for a specific objective or task.
Yes, but that's not his question.

He's asking the game to automatically reveal the amount of prestige the two sides are getting (at start, per turn etc), for both SP and MP scenarios.

That is, the values set in scenario parameters by the scenario designer.

Currently, unless the designer chooses to reveal these parameters in the textual description for the scenario, there is no way (from within the game itself) to learn them. This is what you're asked to fix. :)
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

The My games\Panzer Corps\scenario\[scenario name].pzloc file contains a reasonable amount of information that the designer can populate. Its main problem is that it is only available at the start of a turn and not during a turn. The victory conditions in PzC are potentially extremely complicated and a separate document is the best way to describe them. Simple 'take x flags' is also catered for, of course, too.

Return to “Panzer Corps”