WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT ?

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Infidel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT ?

Post by Infidel »

dOES ANYONE RESPOND TO TECH SUPPORT ? Ive got a bug where I cant select movement options...neither the right mouse or left mouse button option works correctly...usually halfway through a game the options for movement..firing..turning..etc wont work ? Why? Who is in charge of support for Battle Academy...?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You can see from the forums that we of course respond to tech support issues. I saw your initial post, but it's not a problem that's ever been reported before and so it needed to be investigated. My only advise would be to check for stuck keys (if SHIFT, CONTROL, etc are stuck down, the game might think you are trying to do something other than just click the menu items).

Please refrain from shouting (all caps) - it makes the board and messages harder to read.

Cheers

Pip
Infidel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Only game purchased by Slitherine thats had this error

Post by Infidel »

No stuck keys...no problems from ALL other games...just this one...any further advice?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

As I say, we've not seen anything like this before. The fact it works for a while is what makes me think that perhaps a key is sticking, or you're tabbing out with a key down etc.

Cheers

Pip
Infidel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Its not a stuck key

Post by Infidel »

Do I need to send you a video of me playing this to prove its not a stuck key...should I post it on youtube or link it to the forums...just randomly the selection option for actions get "stuck"...I'm on an ASUS stealth gaming laptop...very new
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

In the 1.6 update they changed it to left click instead of right click. Is that the problem?
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
Infidel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Already tried that

Post by Infidel »

yes you can choose right or left button controls...but they will freeze up randomly during some games...I've been using computers since 1985 and know if I'm having a stuck key problem !
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Given that we've not seen it happen elsewhere, my guess would be something to do with a custom laptop mouse/pad driver - laptops tend to have a lot of these custom features, and it could be something to do with that? Try disabling any custom pad features, or try and external mouse.

Cheers

Pip
rhewett01
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rhewett01 »

Just had something like this happen in the middle of the demo. I was able to select units and a square to which I wanted to move them but couldn't activate the action. The possible types of move (and suppressive fire) showed but a left click wouldn't allow me to select them.

I saved the game, reloaded and the problem went away.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the report. Had you used the CTRL button at all? Or any other system keys? Are you on the PC or the Mac?

If you see it happen again, can you try hitting the CTRL key and see whether that helps.

Thanks a lot

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”