Extra Content for Panzer Corps Announced!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Ryben »

Those guys must think that people are so dumb that, if they read "battlefield" or "scroll" would automatically confuse them and think it´s related to their game.

Maybe it could be a good idea trying to register "company", "valour, "heroes", "invasion" , "force", "assault", "medal" and "allied". Good luck trying to make a ww2 theme game without those words :D
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Ryben wrote:Those guys must think that people are so dumb that, if they read "battlefield" or "scroll" would automatically confuse them and think it´s related to their game.

Maybe it could be a good idea trying to register "company", "valour, "heroes", "invasion" , "force", "assault", "medal" and "allied". Good luck trying to make a ww2 theme game without those words :D
Panzer Corps.

Winner! :D
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Looking to be overwhelming support for DLC as a concept. Two objections vs a wall of support.

If it was my company and wallet at risk, I'd be feeling better.

Meanwhile, EA can assume they will lose support from me any time I can find away around supporting them.

I hold grudges like that. As I see it, they stole several 10s of thousands of bucks from my friends. And for what, perceptions of ownership of a word that has no meaningful connection to Slitherine?
royalcid
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by royalcid »

What about MP-content?
Can the scenarios of the DLC campaigns also be used in MP (if both players have the DLC?)
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

I sincerely hope Slitherine have covered its back re: "panzer corps" already, seeing that a potential future owner of the old "panzer general" franchise could easily sue for plagiarization. Essentially, Slitherine needs to own that IP or at the very least have a legal understanding with its owner.
TJD

Post by TJD »

Sadly, it may not matter if Slitherine has all its legal ducks in a row. Lawsuits may come anyway. Suing people is just another way of doing business and it doesn't necessarily matter if the equities are on your side or not. Law is a kind of shakedown racket where the victim quickly realizes it's simpler to pay or accommodate than accept the enormous costs and risks of litigation. Obviously small companies are especially vulnerable.

Tim
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Molve wrote:I sincerely hope Slitherine have covered its back re: "panzer corps" already, seeing that a potential future owner of the old "panzer general" franchise could easily sue for plagiarization. Essentially, Slitherine needs to own that IP or at the very least have a legal understanding with its owner.
Panzer as a prefix for a WII wargame has too long a tradition to be able to be sued, Panzer Leader, Panzer Blitz, Panzer General, etc. The same for the concept of a WWII turn based hex game.
Maybe some reason of concern on how the current campaign is modeled, its too close from the original PG, but once the GC DLCs pop, that will be covered too.
ffl310
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ffl310 »

Any hint about the release date ?
:-)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I believe the announced date is October 20th. So far it looks like we're sticking to it, but of course no guarantees. Better to have the perfect product a little late than a terrible one 'on time'.
ffl310

Post by ffl310 »

Thanks kerensky. Fully agree.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Looks like I planned my holidays expertly for once 8)
ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio »

Is the release date now Oct 27th (put back a week?) for the DLC? If so no issue, take your time, as it will give me more time to finally finish a normal SP campaign after having to restart post patch 1.01, got back to Kiev 1941 last night, pheewwww!!!

I got up to the Gustav line 1944 first time around before having to re-start. :cry:

The initial Barbarossa map is brutal, Ivan really put the hurt on me :x (so much air power they have on that map :shock: ) I took some heavy casualties after a string of decisive victories made me think I was Von Manstein himself :lol: :shock:

Playing on General setting again:

Poland = DV
Norway = DV
Low Countries = MV (missed the DV by 2 turns.... :roll: no Sealion again :cry: )
France = DV
Greece / Balkans = DV
Barbarossa = MV (very costly victory... :oops:)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It was a typo or misunderstanding somewhere on our end. 20/10/11 was the date the GM was to be handed to production. 27/10/11 was always the planned release date and when I saw it yesterday I had it fixed. Sorry for any confusion.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

I'm sold on the DLCs'. I had always considered Panzer General as too "beer & pretzel" a game for myself. I should remember never to knock something till I've tried it. I took a risk on Panzer Corps and its turned out to be an excellent choice. Single-player campaigns, single-player scenarios, hotseat, multi-player, there's something for everybody. I especially like the gameplay, the progression of units, the unit types to the point where I'm taking screenshots of the entire scenario maps, marking out objectives in white circles, airfields in yellow rectangles, drawing out the rivers in clear blue, crossing points in orange, red lines to denote the individual task force movement.

I would like to make a suggestion and this is not meant to be a criticism. Rivers should be highlighted more prominently in colour (bright blue, for instance) so that the gamer is able to plan his river crossings. As it is now, the river has a very faded look and blends in too much with the background colour. Maybe objectives can be coloured very prominently also, especially airfields as they are very hard to discern from the Strategic Screen. What has especially won me over to Panzer Corps is also the non-invasive copy-protection. No heavy-handed DRM, limited E-licence installs, etc. Sorry for going off-topic.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/64014/

5 dollars for 5 maps...
We're offering 5 dollars for 14 maps that are linked together to form a whole campaign and that can link into even more maps and campaigns.

Clearly we need to be charging MORE. :twisted:

:P
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Clearly you need to offer your game on Steam! :P

(Runs away and hides)

Return to “Panzer Corps”