Extra Content for Panzer Corps Announced!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

:(
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

All should be made clear soon, and once we have some of the vital balance, art, and UI structure finished, production of DLCs should release at a fairly steady pace. As soon as DLC 1939 and DLC 1940 are released, BETA testing on DLC 1941 is scheduled to begin. With that conclusion, DLC 1942 should be right on its heels, and so on and so forth. :)
soetekouwd
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by soetekouwd »

iainmcneil wrote:We think we may be a few days behind. At the last minute we decided to add some extra graphics that thebetas have not seen. This means we wont be able to master till next week and puts the release date back till the 31st. Sorry for the delay but we think you'll appreciate it when you see it.

Hello Ian,
Of course we will appreciate the extra features and graphics and all. However, for the games (past & present) that I have set my eyes on, I have yet to experience an announced release date which has been or will be met. Even better, it would be nice for a change when a release date is not postponed but comes earlier than announced :)
Cheers, Dirk
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We focus on quality rather than the schedule. We're very happy to hold games back to make them better as this makes them sell more in the long run, so it's a combination of good business sense and good customer service. We don't have the same retail deadlines that some people have to work to so are more free to move dates around.

Panzer Corps was released on the day we announced and we're only talking about a 4 day delay here :)

We didnt need to add these features and could have been done on time, but we wanted to get them in. I understand it can be a little frustrating to you guys at the time but you'll be gald of it when you have it!
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

Please take this as a compliment towards the strength of your product and the DLC idea, but the DLC idea is really best if you put them all (39,40,41, 42, 43, 44 and 45) together. Doing 1 year at a time, and playing 20 scenarios to get to the end of 1940 (with 39 and 40 released together) is less appealing than just playing the original. But playing 7 years worth with 70 scenarios together is the true Epic that will make the DLC worthwhile. Are we looking at finishing 45 by Xmas?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're looking at about 1 DLC a month which is the fastest we can produce them at the quality level we're happy with. The guys are working round the clock!

So they wont all be out by Xmas but we should be up to 1941.
Casaubon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Casaubon »

thank you for sharing informations about what we can expect. It is very appreciated if you don´t rush and give priority to thoroughly produced quality products. thanks again
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

soetekouwd wrote:Hello Ian,
Of course we will appreciate the extra features and graphics and all. However, for the games (past & present) that I have set my eyes on, I have yet to experience an announced release date which has been or will be met. Even better, it would be nice for a change when a release date is not postponed but comes earlier than announced :)
Cheers, Dirk
By that logic, then we're conforming to the industry standard quite well (Duke Nukem/Diablo III lol). :D
We don't want to be too radical, we do have to follow some rules. ;)
iainmcneil wrote:We're looking at about 1 DLC a month which is the fastest we can produce them at the quality level we're happy with. The guys are working round the clock!

So they wont all be out by Xmas but we should be up to 1941.
It's funny though, we quite literally do work around the clock. While I sleep, my awesome Russian associate is usually awake and working. By the time I get back to work, we exchange greetings, share some notes, and then he goes to bed. Before I finish my day, he's back online.

So when I see him, it's my cue to call it a night. When he sees me, that's his signal that his 'shift' is over. lol
ffl310
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ffl310 »

1 DLC a month. This is terrific.
Quality rather than schedule is the right way.
:-)
mungocallow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mungocallow »

4 more days to wait isn't the end of the world especially for nearly 30 more scenarios, i can wait
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Everything is complete but Alex is visiting a remote part of Scotland and for the last 2 days we've been unable to get anything above a few MB to upload so we can't get the files from him!

It is so frustrating! We hope to keep on track but this is turning in to a serious issue now.
impar

Post by impar »

iainmcneil wrote:Everything is complete but Alex is visiting a remote part of Scotland and for the last 2 days we've been unable to get anything above a few MB to upload so we can't get the files from him!
It is so frustrating! We hope to keep on track but this is turning in to a serious issue now.
Its not an issue at all.
One of you guys flies to Scotland with an USB pen and gets the files from Alex.
Problem solved.
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

iainmcneil wrote:Everything is complete but Alex is visiting a remote part of Scotland and for the last 2 days we've been unable to get anything above a few MB to upload so we can't get the files from him!

... research on one of the more obscure scenarios from the 1940 DLC pack?
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Rood »

I guess he's near a hillside near Tyndrum in Loch Lomond National Park :D

See here for why http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-15436309
Vaughn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Vaughn »

Take your time and do it right.

Besides, I have things that need to get done. I have very little self-control when it comes to your product and nothing will get done in my house for a week after you release it. Especially if it is well done.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We have the files finally....

We have found a couple of issues that need resolving now we have them so Alex is on it and hopeing to get the final exe done today while on a train down to London so there are no issues transferring the files.

We're still working hard to hit Monday.
impar

Post by impar »

Monday is 31... not 27... :(
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

impar wrote:Monday is 31... not 27... :(
The four day delay had already been announced in this thread.
We think we may be a few days behind. At the last minute we decided to add some extra graphics that thebetas have not seen. This means we wont be able to master till next week and puts the release date back till the 31st. Sorry for the delay but we think you'll appreciate it when you see it.
Play a little more Rage, in between. :wink:
impar

Post by impar »

VPaulus wrote:Play a little more Rage, in between. :wink:
Didnt get it. Too many problems with patches and drivers.
Playing MoH, though.
ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio »

Modern Warfare 3 will be where it's at in 2 weeks :D

CoD and Panzer Corps is about all I have time to play these days... :lol:

Take your time on the DLC though, happy to wait for a polished product. I'm currently up to Normandy 44 in my SP campaign, so might finally finish it prior to the DLC being released.

My core army is seriously battered though, I took mega casualties holding the Gustav Line (down to 20 units from 33 in Italy), Normandy could be tough..... :shock:

Return to “Panzer Corps”