PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!
Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators
- Posts: 8038
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: Portugal
In my case, I was wandering through Panzer General Forever forum when I saw a post mentioning about it.
I just couldn't believe, that a nowadays publisher would be interested in a Panzer General style game.
Panzer Corps turned out to be a dream come true.
Last edited by VPaulus
on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:14 am
I was updating DosBox and checking in vain again for new Panzer General news when a review of an early beta or something of PzC showed up on the search as being "like PG".
The game was so inexpensive and method of delivery so easy, that it was a quick click and DL before I jumped for joy and archived PG and Dosbox ..hopefully forever lol.
- Content Designer
- Posts: 5770
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am
- 2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
- Posts: 696
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 pm
- Location: Eifel / south of Aachen
Read a test in a german magazine called GameStar
- Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
- Posts: 1487
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 pm
I think I first heard about it when Rudankort dropped a few hints about his reasons to stop working on PGForever over on the JP Panzers forums.
- Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm
I routinely searched the internet every couple of months for PG knock-offs.
I had no idea Slitherine was actually re-doing it with PzC.
What a great surprise.
- Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:29 pm
That was back in January so I am a little fuzzy. I think I got nostalgic for Pacific General and I was googleing for solutions to make it work with windows 7. I ran across news this game was being created in the Armchair General forums. I think it war Armchair General anyway.
- Panzer Corps Moderator
- Posts: 2091
- Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 am
That's some claim: "PC Gaming Since 1873"! Started off recreating the Franco-Prussian war, I guess.
A friend sent an email to us in a PG2 wargame club to check it out - very glad I did.
Last edited by El_Condoro
on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm
While tracking the disappointing "Panzer Command: Ostfront". Luckily the silver lining was coming across Panzer Corps. Debated whether to buy it for the longest time though because Panzer General never made much of an impression on me. I'm glad I bought it now though, absolutely no regrets.
- Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 am
on the slitherine website whilst looking for news of field of glory games
- Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 am
Can't say exactly but I'm pretty sure I came across PzC when looking for new campaigns for PGII en PeG WWII, probably on the JP Panzers forum. Also played PG Forever so may have come across PzC on some board about PG Forever.
- Panzer Corps Map Designer
- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
- Location: Belgium
While browsing to add stuff for my PG database, i came across PGF on JP Panzer forum and voilà there was a post about Panzer Corps. Went to the website, started to read and afterwards i had no more patience to wait for the release
- Corporal - Strongpoint
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 am
Read about it at some gamer forum, rushed to get it since i loved the old PG series.
- Private First Class - Opel Blitz
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:36 am
Tried the Demo a few days ago. I iell in love with in 10 minutes
- Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
- Posts: 1186
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
- Location: Hungary
Read about it in a hungarian Combat Mission (game) forum in october(?), 2011.
- Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
- Posts: 1232
- Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:38 pm
I first googled for Panzer General Forever because I had trouble to run Panzer General/Allied General for Windows on Windows 7/64 and then heard Panzer Corps is a remake and tried it.
- The Artistocrats
- Posts: 3222
- Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm
rezaf wrote:I think I first heard about it when Rudankort dropped a few hints about his reasons to stop working on PGForever over on the JP Panzers forums.
- Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:35 pm
On the Matrix forum at first. Couldn't believe it.
- Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 3:51 pm
Read about it while browsing JP Panzers forum and it was really a very nice surprise