Morris vs Joe Rock

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 1941

Finally , the lab get some progress .

In Med , the fleet move westward . I suppose he will launch a attack in Med whenever there will be a Babarosa .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Babarosa

Post by Morris »

Apr 23rd 1941

Since a early fair day is coming & Irac happened a revolt against UK , we launch a early Babarosa .

We also send a small branch to land in Caucasia to get Maikop 's oil . But the main problem is how long will they hold ? Will they be able to hold it until mainbody's coming ?

In Med , UK is coming to Lybia & Revolt happened in Irac .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Babarosa 2

Post by Morris »

May 13rd 1941

Babarosa has normal progress but not satisfy . But I was surprised by the bad luck of the Romanian fleet which was hurt to 7 steps left by the Blacksea fleet which only has 33 effectiveness . It only lost one step .( The Romanian fleet 's effectiveness was more than 60 ). We took the Maikop oil field , but USSR transport at least 3 INF & one Mech around there . God knows how long will they hold !

In Med , The 8th Army arrive in Lybia .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 2nd 1941

Babarosa continue progress . but USSR planes inflict decent damage on the Romanian DD, and the BB wounds it further. USSR should be able to knock the German units out of supply next turn. Now whether they can hold until mainbody come is up to their fate . USSR transport so many troops against them . Anyway ,they will be the Heroes of The third Reich .

In med , Tobruk is holding .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 22nd 1941

Normal progress . We found plenty of Soviet troops in the South . My landing troops was cut off supply & waiting for their last minute .

In Med , Topruk fall

Image[/img]
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Morris...you have put yourself in a very difficult situation in the north near Leningrad. If Joe isn´t rusty he will advance north with that corp defending Leningrad to capture Joensuu. Rail in a few more corps to secure it then the turn after cut supply to your troops advancing on Petrozavodsk.

Your finish fighter could even be in trouble
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Morris...you have put yourself in a very difficult situation in the north near Leningrad. If Joe isn´t rusty he will advance north with that corp defending Leningrad to capture Joensuu. Rail in a few more corps to secure it then the turn after cut supply to your troops advancing on Petrozavodsk.

Thanks your advise ! but he seems does not have enough troops to accomplish your mission . He is concentrating in defense his oil field !
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Morris wrote:
Crazygunner1 wrote:Morris...you have put yourself in a very difficult situation in the north near Leningrad. If Joe isn´t rusty he will advance north with that corp defending Leningrad to capture Joensuu. Rail in a few more corps to secure it then the turn after cut supply to your troops advancing on Petrozavodsk.

Thanks your advise ! but he seems does not have enough troops to accomplish your mission . He is concentrating in defense his oil field !
Hopefully that will be true...but he only needs 3corps and perhaps a GAR for a couple of turns....that should do it. If i were him that would be the main proprity right now. Just the chance of destroying atleast 4 corps is tempting enough.

Anyway...there is a chance that he will miss the opportunity since he needs to move an air unit to get surveilance and actually discover this opening. He doensn´t see what we are seeing

Crazyg
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:
Morris wrote:

Hopefully that will be true...but he only needs 3corps and perhaps a GAR for a couple of turns....that should do it. If i were him that would be the main proprity right now. Just the chance of destroying atleast 4 corps is tempting enough.

Anyway...there is a chance that he will miss the opportunity since he needs to move an air unit to get surveilance and actually discover this opening. He doensn´t see what we are seeing

Crazyg
But the present USSR troops are still in orange colour . If they transported by train they would lose another 10 effective points. So then my troops will come back and attack them . They will suffer terrible loss maybe including Leningrad .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 12 1941

Babarosa continue in progress . my landing troops in Maikop was badly damaged to 2 steps left without supply ,also we lost maikop .

In Med , we lost Banghazi .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 1 1941

This is really a black turn for Axis ! An unexcepted disaster happened in the North . The Russians occupy Joensuu and destroy the Finnish air force. With most of Finland troops by Petrozavodsk, I was very surprised that Finland signed the armistice! I guess it's because I still did not take Talinn (in Estonia) and with Joensuu reach the 2 cities required, or I had less than 6 Axis units in Finland ? but I don't understand why Finland will be out only by losing a no production city like Joensuu ? Finland troops were attacking & moving into Russia .(Crazygunner were so right ! But I did not listen to his advise !) However ,I never thought this was a problem related to Finland's out !
Only one good news in the south of Russia , we made a huge breakthrough which Russia would not able to fix it . We will go to Oilfield & Stalingrad in 1941 !

BTW ,The landing forces are finally wiped out. It looks like it's just the time with the Germans knocking on Rostov's doorstep.

Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob »

Morris wrote:Aug 1 1941

This is really a black turn for Axis ! An unexcepted disaster happened in the North . The Russians occupy Joensuu and destroy the Finnish air force. With most of Finland troops by Petrozavodsk, I was very surprised that Finland signed the armistice! I guess it's because I still did not take Talinn (in Estonia) and with Joensuu reach the 2 cities required, or I had less than 6 Axis units in Finland ? but I don't understand why Finland will be out only by losing a no production city like Joensuu ? Finland troops were attacking & moving into Russia .(Crazygunner were so right ! But I did not listen to his advise !) However ,I never thought this was a problem related to Finland's out !
Strange - in my other game as Soviets I had captured 2 Finland cities: Joensuu and Vaasa + I keep Tallin (Germans never took it) and Finns do not surrender. There are no German units in the country. What is the surrendeer condition then???
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
PionUrpo
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by PionUrpo »

Kragdob wrote:

Strange - in my other game as Soviets I had captured 2 Finland cities: Joensuu and Vaasa + I keep Tallin (Germans never took it) and Finns do not surrender. There are no German units in the country. What is the surrendeer condition then???
It's 2 cities and <6 Axis units in Finland.

Actually, what happened here was in reality one of the greatest fears of the Finnish High Command during the early stages of the war (well, with a variation). We kept significant presense on the Kannas so Soviets couldn't strike to Finnish heartland (the variation here, it would be toward Helsinki instead of Joensuu but the fort isn't takeable in-game until later so...) until the Germans were close to Leningrad. Only then were additional forces released for the offensive to Eastern Karelia.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

PionUrpo wrote:
Kragdob wrote:

Actually, what happened here was in reality one of the greatest fears of the Finnish High Command during the early stages of the war (well, with a variation). We kept significant presense on the Kannas so Soviets couldn't strike to Finnish heartland (the variation here, it would be toward Helsinki instead of Joensuu but the fort isn't takeable in-game until later so...) until the Germans were close to Leningrad. Only then were additional forces released for the offensive to Eastern Karelia.
It is 2 cities & <6 Axis units in Finland Or 2 cities or <6 Axis unit in Finland
If It is "or " , Does it mean even if Joe did not take Jonesuu , The Finland would still out of war since most of their troops were out of Finland ? If so , It really not make sense .
PionUrpo

Post by PionUrpo »

Morris wrote:
PionUrpo wrote:
Kragdob wrote: Strange - in my other game as Soviets I had captured 2 Finland cities: Joensuu and Vaasa + I keep Tallin (Germans never took it) and Finns do not surrender. There are no German units in the country. What is the surrendeer condition then???

It is 2 cities & <6 Axis units in Finland Or 2 cities or <6 Axis unit in Finland
If It is "or " , Does it mean even if Joe did not take Jonesuu , The Finland would still out of war since most of their troops were out of Finland ? If so , It really not make sense .
"And"
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

If it is "and " , Why only Jonesuu fall ,Finland was out ?
PionUrpo

Post by PionUrpo »

Morris wrote:If it is "and " , Why only Jonesuu fall ,Finland was out ?
Soviets still had Tallinn right? That makes the 2 required cities then.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

PionUrpo wrote:
Is Tallinn count as Finland city ? It is the capital of Estonia !
PionUrpo

Post by PionUrpo »

Morris wrote:
PionUrpo wrote:
Is Tallinn count as Finland city ? It is the capital of Estonia !
Yep, in '41 it doesn't make much sense but the Armistice rule is meant to be a late-game event when the Red Army should be on it's way to west.

In reality, one of the reasons Finnish leaders were hesitant of a separate peace with the Soviets was because the Germans retained a presense in Estonia. They were afraid that, in the event of a separate peace, the Germans might retaliate or even launch an invasion, against southern Finland using the forces stationed in Estonia.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 21st 1941

After the disaster of Finland , Axis troops keep moving forward to their victory . We took Bryansk in the north , we also took Stalingrad & Rostov in the south . We accomplish the Stalingrad mission in 1941 which They did not made it in 1942 . Next turn we will go to the oilfield .

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”