So... where is North Africa? Rommel and Monty?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

DorianIBD
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

So... where is North Africa? Rommel and Monty?

Post by DorianIBD »

It's not covered in the main campaign and its not there in the DLCs either.

The North African campaign happened in 1940 before Barbarossa. Has the developers just skip this theatre? :( Too bad because I think many people would be interested in a North Africa DLC as it is my favorite area of the war.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

More news about this soon, no comment...yet.
DorianIBD

Post by DorianIBD »

I would buy a DLC for this in an instant. Even pay $10 for it too.
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

I would quickly purchase an Afrika Corps DLC, too!
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Rood »

Probably going to be an expansion instead of a DLC, since there's a lot of new artwork to create.

But whatever it's gonna be, I'm gonna pick it up!
DorianIBD

Post by DorianIBD »

When? Like in 2014....?

I mean they still need to make DLC 42, 43, 44 and 45... that will take all of 2012 and possibly even 2013.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Well 42 is coming soon, and the others don't take until the end of this year surely. At least not when you look at the intervals between DLCs so far.
DownriverRick

Post by DownriverRick »

The stated plan is to try to release the DLC's on a one a month pace. Looks like the 42 DLC is on track for the end of this month, which if they keep to it will have all released by May. As for Africa, there have been a lot of requests for this one and I'd guess it's in the plans, even if they can't talk about it yet.
doc99

Post by doc99 »

:D THIS NOT A REQUEST--IT IS A DEMAND-->AFRIKA CORPS BY THE SUMMER--that is all--
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

...and please make it so that we can mod in the desert. :) Of course, that will require new graphics and be more of an expansion than a DLC. I'm pretty sure this would be well in hand at Lordz and Slitherine, though.
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

More news about this soon, no comment...yet.
How can we bribe you to explain yourself ? :P
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

I think its already available (sort of). Didn't the DMP modding crew make an africa corps mod with a full campaign ?
Rood

Post by Rood »

There's two mods

H. Balcks Africa Corps but I understand there's only a demo version

DPM Modding Afrikakorps
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, but an expansion is always welcome, because usually bring new things to the game.
Although DMP's Winterkrieg seems to do it in a lower scale.
Dreadgod
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Dreadgod »

Just so the devs are aware, I'm yet another customer with a nice shiny credit card waiting for a North Africa DLC. :D
Tima
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Tima »

I'm hoping that a Africa campaign is added too. It would be great if it started in the normal historical pattern but then a few "what ifs" could be added to change things up. For example, if your Africa Panzer corps achieves enough decisive victories you could have a scenario where it links up with the isolated Italians in Ethiopia/Eritrea and then let the player decide if they want to travel south and defeat the British in South Africa or travel East to help the Vichy French defeat the Brits in Syria and move on to help Iraq push the Brits out of their country. That would be very interesting because you have a variance of allies beyond the norm.

In the original Panzer General a mod was added to allow the player to purchase Axis alliance equipment/weaponry or soldiers and keep them in future battles for a entire campaign. Will this be something that Panzer Corps will be offering in a future upgrade? I hope so. It would be interesting to see how a Italian Semovente anti tank corps would fare in Russia, or a Romainian PZL P23 Karas dive bomber squadron does in North Africa. Thanks for bringing my favourite war strategy game back to life. I'll be purchasing every add on that you produce.
doc99

Post by doc99 »

Tima's ideas are just the type of thing I'd love to explore in this franchise
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

Tima wrote: In the original Panzer General a mod was added to allow the player to purchase Axis alliance equipment/weaponry or soldiers and keep them in future battles for a entire campaign. Will this be something that Panzer Corps will be offering in a future upgrade? I hope so. It would be interesting to see how a Italian Semovente anti tank corps would fare in Russia, or a Romainian PZL P23 Karas dive bomber squadron does in North Africa. Thanks for bringing my favourite war strategy game back to life. I'll be purchasing every add on that you produce.
Frankly I think that I`d have liked the North Africa campaign to start with the first italian offensives and not jump straight to the Afrika Korps or even allow you to play a separate campaign with the Italians, but I doubt any of these will happen.

Anyway, what I do hope will happen is that the player is allowed to take italian units are core units and not be restricted to german units again. I`ve been pleading to have this feature viewtopic.php?t=30609 integrated in the main game(it was in PG2 after all), but I think it makes particular sense in the case of an Axis North African Campaign.
WhiteRook
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WhiteRook »

Well what ever flavor it comes in - I am sure it will be fun! :D
Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg »

Desert, Dunes, Jungle... Africa???

Located in the 2nd DLC:

IDS_STRING16 Desert