Mod Files Ready On Post #04 Enjoy!!!

Commander - Napoleon at War is a turn based strategy game that brings gaming back to its roots - it's fun!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Mod Files Ready On Post #04 Enjoy!!!

Post by alaric318 »

sorry about being away a long time from the game, i have in other things that keep me away most of the time, aside this, i enjoy Commander - Napoleon at War,

well, i have finished and ready for final test a mod, but the users will need to delete a directory if want the mod to install and work, for be honest, this is what

keep me off from make public the mod but i manage to play an entire campaign with it, i come from Commander - Europe at War, so, modding is not that hard

for me, only just want if people, and development team find okey or not to make public a mod that need to delete a directory manually by the users,

advice given and taken from FirepowerJohan, and thanks for it, without this advice my mod would have been not possible to set to work, following post will have detailed mod

changes information,

with best regards, Alaric.

advice about modding Napoleon at War...

From Napoleon At War 1.04 Onwards To 1.05 Playing With Mod Files Sometimes
Cause The Game To Freeze In First Game Turn, FirepowerJohan Have Given A
"WorkAround", There Are One Directory For Napoleon At War That On Install Process
Is Created Under /Documents & Settings/User/My Documents/ CNAW, Well, The
WorkAround Is To Install The Mod And Delete This Directory To Make The Engine
To Recompile The Scenarios' Data Files, I Test It And Works Perfectly, Remember To
Make A Bkup Of Your /CNAW/Data/ Directory Before Install The Mod Files, So You Can
Return To Regular Version Without Problems To Re-Install The Game And Such, Hope
That You Enjoy The Mod And Have No Troubles, Is Mainly Intended For Multiplayer,
And In Multiplayer I Have Not Seen Issues To Play.
Last edited by alaric318 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Napoleon At War - Alaric Mod Details/Info , Ready For Test

Post by alaric318 »

Napoleon At War - Alarick Mod - Change Log...
October 2008, For Napoleon At War 1.0

1- File... General.txt (/CNAW/Data/)
(overall purpose is taht i want more units, this balanced and decreased the fog of war effects
and decreased too the luck factor, more units give more balanced results)
*occupied land efficiency... from 40 to 75 (this make free more powerfull commanders and more
troops recruit capability)
*vassal (surrendered) war effort from 15 to 33 (manpower goes to 0% and new recruits are weak
troops)
*peace war effort... from 20 to 33 (prussian capital at berlin is easily taken from the frontier, some
extra production can make more casualties on the french assault)
*naval transport cost... from 7 to 15 (in fact at the game timeline, numerous fleets are a luxury
and expensive to maintenance costs)
*General max injury... from 40 to 10 (40 is more realistic but 40 turns is near 1/3 of all campaign
scenario (169 turns)
*Admiral max injury... from 40 to 10.
*turns between convoys from 3 to 2. (to balance for england the potential conquests of france)
*convoy chance to appear... from 20% to 40%
*revolt probability... from 15% to 25% (austria and prussia, the both first targets of france,
, manage to surrender and then return to war more than once trough all the war)
*Experience Increase... From 25 To 30 & From 50 To 35
-------
2- File... Unit.txt(/CNAW/Data/)
some changes can drastically change play balance, take in mind please that i want a modded
scenario as an alternate campaign option under my own concept of perfection, will not be for
everyone tastes and i can not argue against it, just are wanting to share the work.
*all infantry reduced manpower costs to give more freedom before being in manpower shortages.
(militia to 4, light inf. to 6 and line inf to 7) (line inf cost from 55 to 60)
*cavalry changes... i find the horses costs high, having more cavalry units open more capability
to combined arms all trough all battles, not realistic or historical but i find it better.
so... increase in production costs... light cav... 65 to 80, hvy cav... 80 to 100,
, manpower cost reduced from 9/9 to 7/7.
*horses costs adjustment... light cav... 50 to 20, hvy cav... 80 to 30 (1.5 light cav cost),
, horse art... from 40 to 15 (just i want more flexible for the player on combined tactics.)
*manpower costs of all classes of artillery... from 6 all to 4 all (66%)
*turns to build increase... light cav, hvy cav & horse art... all from 2 to 3.
*Horse Art. Costs in Production Points... from 100 to 110
*Shock Attack To Enemy Efficiency... Light Inf. And Line Inf +1/+1 (from 0/1)
(i realize that skirmishers are portrayed as light inf and skirmishers main purpose is to
disrupt enemy units, cannot increase more the bonus or can un-balance costs)
Also... Light Cavalry Shock Increased From 2 To 3.
-------
3- File... Land_Leaders.txt (/CNAW/Data/)
expensive but given the increase overall in production income more cheaper, so i want
to add some attack and defense bonus to all them, again, it goes for more player
freedom on customize his army and develop different tactics each game, take in mind
that each general cost roughly as the cost of one or two combat units but no cost
manpower, so, if you run in manpower problems (that are historical) you can buy
science or enhance troops with the commanders.
(only increases in some leadership ratings and all generals have at least 1 point
in ground attack or ground defense)
-------
4- File... 1805 (/CNAW/Data/Scenario/)
Nations Address On Campaign Scenario File & Changes...
(See The Picture Included For Reference And How Identify Nations)
Nations...
0 - France
(400 Production, From 110)
(250 Manpower, From 200)(and Maximum Manpower to 250, so for all modded nations)
(90 Horses, From 50)
1 - Austria
(200 Production From 20)
(at default 200 manpower)
(at default 50 horses)
2 - Britain
(100 Production From 20)
(at default 150 manpower)
(200 Horses From 150)
4 - Prussia
(100 Production From 20)
(200 Manpower From 150)
(150 Horses From 100)
5 - Russia
(200 Production From 30)
(at default 350 manpower)
(200 Horses From 150)
Allies Production is overall 600 vs 400 france, 1.5-1, 3-2, 50% advantage.
Technologies Changes... (Plus Default Base Techs)
France... Enhanced Infantry & Cavalry
Britain... Enhanced Infantry And Advanced War-Ships
Russia & Prussia... Enhanced Light Cavalry
Ottomans... Not Changes
Austria... Better Army Organisation (Enhanced Efficiency Bonus)

you will need to change the files, on the pointed directories in the install of the game,
, a backup of the default/stock files have been included and some help for modding if
you want to do some changes. I hope you enjoy the mod.

contact email... marhault888@hotmail.com

-------
Alarick Mod CNAW 2.0 Changes, CNAW 1.0 Compatible
Fixed Income Production Income... France+100, Austria, Prussia+100, Britain, Russia+125.
Britain Army... Better Organization (At Level 1, As France & Austria)
(/CNAW/Data/Scenario/ File... 1805 Scenario.)
Vassal War Effort... From 33% To 50% (General.txt File)
Peace Time Prod (General.txt)... From 33% To 50%
Merchant Movement Base Increase... From 7 To 10 (Unit.txt)
(/CNAW/Data/Scenario/ 1805 Scenario File...)
Final Manpower Adjustment (+50 For France, Prussia, Britain, Austria & Russia)
To... France (300) Austria (250) Britain (200) Prussia (250) Russia (400)
Proportional Increase Decreases The Overall Ratio Between France Vs Coalition)
-------
Version 3.0
Austria, Russia, Prussia & Britain To +75 Fixed Income From Previous Version.
Order Of Battle... France... Light Cavalry Changed To Heavy Cavalry.
-------
Verison 4.0
Units...
Light Infantry... Melee Support... 00 To 12. (And Inf. Support Range To 1).
Militia... Production Pts. Cost... From 35 To 30.
Elite Troops...
Changed Some Garrison Militia Units By Some Guards Units...
Important Advice... At The Moment The Names Still Generic, Ver. 1.0
France...
Chasseurs & Grenadiers... Line Infantry Experience 75
Young Guard... Light Infantry Experience 75
Guard Cavalry... Heavy Cavalry Experience 75
Guard Artillery... Horse Artillery Experience 75
Britain...
Guard Infantry... Line Infantry Experience 40
Guard Cavalry... Heavy Cavalry Experience 40
Prussia...
Russia...
For Balance Purposes Austria Have Not Guard Units.
11/October/2008 For Commander - Napoleon At War Version 1.0
-------
Murat-Alarick Mod CNAW 1.0-Ver 5.0...
All Changes On Technology For Give France Early Chances Of Invade Prussia, Mainly Key
Battle Will Be On Koenisberg, And Britain Have The Chance To Make A Second Front, With
These Changes, Allies Really Need Investment On Technology Research To Catch Up France,
, France Have Overall Superiority On All Tech.
Changes To Technology File...
Infantry...
Grenadiers Tech Change... Lvl 2... +Lt Inf. +1 Ground Attack
Attack Columns... Lvl 1... +Lt Inf. +1 Ground Attack
Tac. Flexibility... Lvl 1... +Lt Inf. , Lvl 2... +Line Inf. , Lvl 3... +1 Ground Defense.
Square... Not Changes
-------
Cavalry...
Cavalry Charges... Lvl 2... + Hvy Cav, Lvl 3 + Lt Cav.
Cuirassiers... Lvl 1 & 3... +1 Ground Defense.
Lancers... Lvl 2... +Lt Cav. , Lvl 3... +Hvy Cav.
-------
Artillery...
Massed Fire Support... Lvl 1... +1 Ground Attack, Lvl 2... +1 Ground Attack,
, Lvl 3... +Horse Art.
-------
1805, Grand Campaign Changes...
France... Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery... Level 3
Britain... Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery... Level 2
Austria & Prussia... Infantry, Cavalry... Level 2, Artillery Level 1
Russia... Infantry... Level 1, Cavalry & Artillery... Level 2
-------
Order Of Battle Changes (OOB)
France... Added 4 Lt Cavalry Corps In Replacement Of Starting Militias (50 Experience)
Britain... Added 1 Horse Art. & 1 Lt Cav. In Replacement Of Two Mainland Militias
Prussia... Berlin... Line Inf. , Danzig... Hvy Cavalry, Koenigsberg... Foot Artillery
Russia... +1 Lt Cav & +2 Foot Artillery.
-------
All Guard Units Set At 100 Experience, France Still Have Better "Guards" As His
Technology Is Much Better. (& Added 1 More Guard Infantry For Britain)
Change In General.txt File... Experience For Achieve Higher Attributes
To 25/25 From 30/30
-------
Proposal For Guards Names...
France... Line Inf. Chasseurs & Grenadiers (Old Guard)
Light Inf... Young Guard
Lt Cavalry Corps... Milhaud, Exelmans, Kellerman & Pajol
Hvy Cavalry... Lefebvre Or Guyot.
Britain... Line Infantry... ColdStream_Gds And BlackWatch_Gds
Cavalry... Somerset_Hvy
Prussian & Russia... Guards Or Grenadiers For Line Inf. & Hvy_Cav.
-------

Mod 6.0 Changes (Scenario 1805)...

Leader At Start...

Three France Commanders, Attached To Hvy Cavalry...
Napoleon, Ney, De Beurnais.
Prussian, Russian And Britain Hvy Cavalry Guards, Each 1 Commander...
Pr... Blucher, Rus... Kutuzov, Britain... Wellington, Austria... Charles.

Land_Leader.txt Adjustment... Kutuzov +1 Attack, For 1/2 Attack/Defense.
-------

just is my feel about add more flavor (elite units and national modifiers) and some more chance for a French win,
so, any and all guess/advice/feedback have my thanks you in advance, may make the mod ready for public use on one to three days,
, people can take it as an alternate campaign game.

best regards,

alaric.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Good work :)
alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by alaric318 »

iainmcneil wrote:Good work :)
thanks!!! :)

this game worth my invested time to make, well, under my own concept of perfection mod, and it is now ready.

Final Notes
1- try it in multiplayer-hotseat and for three turns have not given any problem, so, odds is that it will work perfectly, however i do not can speak about playing against the AI (not tested) anyway, AI will be out-played here easily by poor use of guard units and to not achieve to setup right the now light infantry support bonus, well, issues in most games and almost in all computer wargames.
2- the file have a backup of the /Napoelon At War/Data/ and /Napoelon At War/Data/Scenario (1805) files to return to regular version, users interested only have to copy the mod files to the given directories on the game's install dir. (not needed at least for multiplayer to need to delete any directory, what pleased me much)
3- here you go, here is finally the link to my scenario, i will make sure to keep it online most of the time, given the server sometimes delete files that are some time without use (i will re-upload it)
gamey advice... don't lose your guards units to nothing and only commit them to achieve some decisive victory, try to send some commander directly with the guards, mostly to decrease the guards casualties, guards are really great units but once they get some replacements his quality decreased much (limited much like historically i can say)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HJ9QSP0

hope you enjoy the scenario and have some nice experience with it, i like it and the game, any and all feedback will be welcome, aside i have not planned to make more changes,

with best regards,

alaric.
briancasey27
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by briancasey27 »

Hello Alaric,

I just downloaded your mod and it seems to work great! Thanks for doing this ... I'm enjoying CNAW and it's good to see some tweaks to it.

One thing, in our last game the French ran into some severe manpower shortages. To create more balance I'd like to increase the French manpower at the beginning of the game, which seems like the best way to do this. Any suggestions on how to do it? Do you need to edit the Scenario file? And if so how do you do it?

Thanks.
alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

info about manpower in SCN file/s.

Post by alaric318 »

best greetings, i are pleased that people like the mod, it add some flavour with the elite units and i try to make a semi-historical overall situtation, well, you have to change the manpower parameter in the .SCN file, open it with wordpad and go to the botton of the file, nation 0 is france, nation 1 is austria, nation 2 is england, nation 3 is not used, as it is turkey and is taken as a minor power i think, so on, nation 4 is prussia and nation 5 is russia, it is the first number in each line, and you can see it with the values of the file and them in the opened scenario, so, france line reads... 0 (Nation Number) 400 (production points available),
300 (manpower available) and 90 (Horses available), then comes a "100" that if i remember corretly is "extra production" and then again another 300 (that is important, is the MAX. manpower) (you have to set manpower AND max. manpower the same or changes will not take place).

just for clarify, in example, Russia's line reads... 5 200 400 200 75 400, where it is... (5=nation number) (200 =production available) (400=manpower) (200=horses) (75=Extra Fixed Production income each turn) and (400=max manpower) i encourage you and all players to make backup files before making changes, as changes on the files are permanent and you may end changing the default scenario if you dont make backup, hope this advice helps and i hope you enjoy the scenario,
With best regards,
Alaric.
briancasey27

No Science?

Post by briancasey27 »

Hi Alaric,

We're enjoying the mod in a PBEM game ... having more units on the map definitely makes it more fun. However, one thing we've noticed is that neither of us can buy any Scientists, so we can't upgrade our units. Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks,

Brian
alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: No Science?

Post by alaric318 »

briancasey27 wrote:Hi Alaric,

We're enjoying the mod in a PBEM game ... having more units on the map definitely makes it more fun. However, one thing we've noticed is that neither of us can buy any Scientists, so we can't upgrade our units. Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks,

Brian
best regards and greetings, well, i disable research on purpose to fix the french troops advantage for all the game, and is historical, some of the levels of research ("shut down") the manpower problems for survivality and quality at first, as the base troops are higher value than default game, i dont go for balance overall, as war is not balanced, and a shattered balance is the better setting for me (Coalition Quantity vs France Quality), more troops on the theater of operations indeed give more management options and too decreased the factor of luck, i hope you all enjoy the scenario,

With best regards,

Alaric.
briancasey27

Post by briancasey27 »

Ah, that makes sense. Well, we'll see where it goes ... in our game, it is July 1806. The Coalition made early progress by combining the Prussian/Russian forces to pose a strong threat to France after it invaded Prussia. At the same time, the British invaded Denmark to threaten French forces from the northwest. The Coalition even got troops across the Oder and within 1 hex of Berlin. However, the quality advantage of the French enabled them to win out, drive the British from Denmark, and push the Prussian/Russian forces out of Prussia and into Poland. We shall see what happens next as the French appear to be moving on Russia ...
alaric318
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by alaric318 »

briancasey27 wrote:Ah, that makes sense. Well, we'll see where it goes ... in our game, it is July 1806. The Coalition made early progress by combining the Prussian/Russian forces to pose a strong threat to France after it invaded Prussia. At the same time, the British invaded Denmark to threaten French forces from the northwest. The Coalition even got troops across the Oder and within 1 hex of Berlin. However, the quality advantage of the French enabled them to win out, drive the British from Denmark, and push the Prussian/Russian forces out of Prussia and into Poland. We shall see what happens next as the French appear to be moving on Russia ...
best greetings, i are pleased you team enjoy the mod and the game, my better advice is to support the defense of the second prussia capital, not only with russians, too with the english, the cause is that if the english troops go near koenigsberg, linking a line with the russians (And with Moscow, that is the key), british then get full supply from moscow (major supply base), but if berlin falls and the british make his move to spain or any north coast of the mainland europe, them dont get full supply, and the extra (%) increment from being supplied from moscow can be the difference between defeat and victory, so, the better chance for the coalition is a mixed prussian+russian+british army from koenigsberg, with supply from moscow and start, then, to destroy the main objetive, well, against the french, more on my mod, the main allied objetive is of course the french cavalry, as them are the best units in the theater of operations, and hard to replace by the french, once/if the french cavalry is out is time to retake berlin and open the way to paris,

with best regards,

Alarick.
Hammer4000
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Hammer4000 »

dont know if anyone will respond or not but, after playing this game long enough, i'm wanting to change some factors. Mostly changing small stuff like, adding Spain to the Col. alliance, and war entry dates to. CEAW made this alot easier with a map editor release sometime later. any feed back will be much helpful.
laramieela
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by laramieela »

Hammer4000 wrote:dont know if anyone will respond or not but, after playing this game long enough, i'm wanting to change some factors. Mostly changing small stuff like, adding Spain to the Col. alliance, and war entry dates to. CEAW made this alot easier with a map editor release sometime later. any feed back will be much helpful.
I know you have waited a long time for a reply. You identify the key issue for me in what would be a grand revision of the Campaign game, Spain should be in play.
I really enjoy this game. I wish it had the same revision as the WWII game to make the Campaign game excellent instead of merely wonderful.
I am new to modding, but trying exactly what you suggest.
blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey »

Thanks for this mod! So far it is working well for me against the AI. I will let you know when I complete it how it went against the AI.
Regards,
BLindsey
LeGrandCorporal
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by LeGrandCorporal »

hi

Are these the most recent changes/ enhancement made- 2009?

regds dave
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Any new link for an up to date mod?

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War”