What Are You Fighting Against

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

What Are You Fighting Against

Post by Xerkis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Just thought I would share what I fight against when playing the AI in Team Assault. And I hope other will as well.

I find this force to be a bit more decisive and balanced than the ones that come with the game. (Sorry Zeal) :oops:
I am not yet completely pleased with it by any means – especially in longer games. And do want to do some more work on it. But here is what I have so far.

Edit: I should add - This Force is better on the smaller maps too.

I also am putting this out there for those that are finding “oddities” in AI behavior while using either the game provided forces or forces made without taking in to consideration the “AI upgrade” values. Try a few games with this force and let me know if you are seeing an improvement.

To install: Unzip the file - place the ".tat" file in the folder . . . . . My Games\Team Assault\Teams\
You can then bring it up in the Force Builder or just start using it in a game.

To upload you own forces: Upload your “.tat” file of the force you want found in the folder . . . . . My Games\Team Assault\Teams\

Zip File here

nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: What Are You Fighting Against

Post by nomet » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Xerkis wrote:Just thought I would share what I fight against when playing the AI in Team Assault. And I hope other will as well.

I find this force to be a bit more decisive and balanced than the ones that come with the game. (Sorry Zeal) :oops:
I am not yet completely pleased with it by any means – especially in longer games. And do want to do some more work on it. But here is what I have so far.

Edit: I should add - This Force is better on the smaller maps too.

I also am putting this out there for those that are finding “oddities” in AI behavior while using either the game provided forces or forces made without taking in to consideration the “AI upgrade” values. Try a few games with this force and let me know if you are seeing an improvement.

To install: Unzip the file - place the ".tat" file in the folder . . . . . My Games\Team Assault\Teams\
You can then bring it up in the Force Builder or just start using it in a game.

To upload you own forces: Upload your “.tat” file of the force you want found in the folder . . . . . My Games\Team Assault\Teams\

Zip File here
No worries its good that you improve our forces! : ) we might add your forces to the next patch if you dont mind!

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Nomet, my stuff is your stuff – you should know that by now.
:wink:

I just now made one force though (modified the one I posted above) and played (on expert) I was slaughtered.
:shock:

I did make a few tactical mistakes though – and the force was a bit off (the AI fielded way too many Sniper squads). So a few more adjustments and more testing. Love it.
:D

Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 am

This is exactly what we want! That players create their own forces and their own challenges! I'm very happy to see that forces are shared :D
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”