Deselecting Aircraft

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

charliedoom
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Deselecting Aircraft

Post by charliedoom »

Whenever I select an aircraft it is really difficult to deselect it if I don't move it. I usually have to click on a hex outside of the movement range. Is there an easier way to deselect aircraft?
ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Deselecting Aircraft

Post by ivanov »

Yeah, I also have always the same problem, especially if there is a friendly gound unit on the same hex, as the aircraft. The only way to deselect the aircraft in this situation, is to click on some other air unit, that does not have any friendly ground unit "below it", on the same hex. I had simmilar problem with the AT unit. There was no way to move it, prior to firing at the enemy aircraft, that was nearby. The problem was that, I wanted to move it and fire at a different enemy air unit ( not the one that was in the range prior to the movement ). Are we missing something?
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Right-click anywhere to deselect a unit.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

hit the tab key
radic202
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by radic202 »

Oh Boy! As simple as the Tab key!

Thanks so much as this was driving me crazy!

Much appreciated!
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

Great post I was doing all the same thing quite funny how different people get into the same situations in the game. Now I can enjoy myself more and use the TAB key Maybe the sociologist will study our playing similaries and figure something out

I went and started playing my campaign but pressing TAB just toggles the plane vs ground unit button showing either my plane or my ground unit maybe its tab if only a plane is selected with no ground unit under it ??? or not .. but anyway the RMB works putting it on a different hex that has no unit on it ... this is great always had to scroll to map edge or something ...
charliedoom

Post by charliedoom »

I discovered that hitting the "Zzzz" key aka "sleep one turn" deselected aircraft without wasting the turn. It's very simple and easy to do! Thanks for the responses
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by DeathMutant »

I usually just press "N" for Next unit. That in conjunction for "Z" (one-turn sleep) is really handy for cycling through all of my deployed units each turn.

Return to “Panzer Corps”