Patch E.T.A.?

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Patch E.T.A.?

Post by IronFist00 »

I was curious if there was a new date for the planned Team Assault patch? If I remember correctly, one of the team members thought it might be ready for last Friday. The weekend came and went and we are almost mid-week and still nothing. Just curious if there's be any problems with it. Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patch E.T.A.?

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm talking to Zeal now to try and get a date for this. As soon as I have some info we'll let you know.
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

There is no actual problem with the patch - however, a crucial person in our company had to go on a short trip this week which delayed it. We're sorry for keeping you waiting :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Guys, thanks for the responses. Glad to know it was just a normal business situation and not a patch bug. I look forward to the patch whenever it does get released.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Yes, many thanks for letting us know the status.
Communication is the key to everything.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

And thank you for staying tuned :)
Rasmus Davidsson
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

I was just curious, it's been two weeks since Laxen's response. Any update on the status of the patch?
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

I apologize that the patch hasn't been released yet.

Apparently our tech resources in the patch production had been moved elsewhere (which I did not know) for the time being because, as you might have noticed, the game didn't sell as good as we were hoping for. We have to focus on out other current projects to secure our own future and they are currently using a lot of our time. We are sorry about this, and I personally am extra sorry for giving you guys false hope about the patch.

We are still aiming at getting the patch out at some point in time and when able do further patching after that as well, adding anything that we have got laying around. But not right now.
Rasmus Davidsson
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Very disappointing from a Team Assault point a view to say the least.
:cry:

But I certainly understand from a marketing / demand side of things.

I hope the wait isn’t too very long.

. . . . . . And on a side note – your other games you are working on look awesome!
:D
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Laxen, thanks for your quick and honest response. That means more to me as a Customer than anything. I echo Xerkis' response when it is sad from a Team Assault perspective but completely understand from a "make a living" one. I too, work in the software industry (I code, test, do release management, etc.) for telecommunications software, so I understand where you are coming from.

Currently I still play Team Assault but it isn't loosing out somewhat to Conflict of Heroes. I also still play Panzer Korps and Battle Academy.

I look forward to your other projects. Are any of them related to Team Assault? Like a stand alone expansion but with more features? Is there a link I can view what's coming down the pipe?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Since I’m the mod here – I’ll take the risk. If Slitherine doesn’t like this then I am sorry and please remove this post of mine. I mean a little Google search will get you it anyhow.

But here are the latest from Zeal

A Game Of Dwarves
and
Starvoid
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Thank you guys for your support and understanding. I wish I (we) had unlimited with time so that Team Assault could be worked on and improved for ever, but unfortunately I don't :/

And yes. Xerkis' links are to the forums for our current two projects. Feel free to search for them at google or youtube for more info.

Team Assault is not forgotten though and we will keep looking for opportunities to make a sequel of some kind at some point in time. Don't know when, don't know how, but we will definitely keep the door open :)
Rasmus Davidsson
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Thanks for the replies and links. Both look interesting but as a Dwarf lover from the 70s, long before they were popular (always the damn Elves), that game intrigues me more. ;-)
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

IronFist wrote:Thanks for the replies and links. Both look interesting but as a Dwarf lover from the 70s, long before they were popular (always the damn Elves), that game intrigues me more. ;-)
I feel the same way (sorry Laxen)
:D
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

:)
Rasmus Davidsson
rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 »

Those games look interesting. In the meantime, how's the patch coming along? And will we be seeing more maps?
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

As I said before, we unfortunately have close to no resources invested into the TA patch right now since the other projects are in focus. We will look into at later on as we still love Team Assault, but to keep the studio alive, we must first focus on other upcoming events. Sorry.
Rasmus Davidsson
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Laxen wrote:There is no actual problem with the patch - however, a crucial person in our company had to go on a short trip this week which delayed it. We're sorry for keeping you waiting :)
WHAT??????? After this post?????

We were led to believe a patch was coming soon. Now we find out the game is being abandoned?????
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:
Laxen wrote:There is no actual problem with the patch - however, a crucial person in our company had to go on a short trip this week which delayed it. We're sorry for keeping you waiting :)
WHAT??????? After this post?????

We were led to believe a patch was coming soon. Now we find out the game is being abandoned?????
“Abandoned”? No one said anything close to that.
It is just going to take longer than it first thought it would – that’s all.
:wink:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Nope. Once a company leaves a product shortly after it comes out, it's abandoned. Maybe someday far off into the future they'll take a look at it. This really gripes me especially since a patch has been promised "very soon." Was that promise a lie and they weren't even working on it? This is simply a shameful way of doing business imo.

Return to “Team Assault”