MDM 2.1 - MASSI-vE Destruction Mod - By massi

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

MDM 2.1 - MASSI-vE Destruction Mod - By massi

Post by massi »

I am proud to present my new MOD called MASSIVE DESTRUCTION MOD. 2.1

This expansion adds
a system of tunnels for railways and roads, and three small flower gardens to create squares to add to the your city.

NEW DOWNLOAD
UPDATED ON REQUEST TO 08/12/2012
SENDSPACE ---> http://www.sendspace.com/files/vmyvjt
SPEEDYSHARE----> http://speedy.sh/D2Fzyy/MDM2.1.rar

This work is the continuous "WW2 LandPack 1.0", but more powerful for editing extremists, and it should work pretty well.
If you are not extremists and/or perfectionists, do not download it. :mrgreen:

MDM 2.1 (massive destruction mod 2.0) 20/06/2012

-various improvements
new bridges
in layerstation:
-6 New station
-25 new suburbs
-6 barraks
-9 new villages
-1 new factory
in layerterrain:
-1 castel
-3 new monumental hexe
-capital city improvements
-15 wooded montains

to install this MOD copy the files in the folder:
...\Panzer Corps \Graphics \Tiles
is very recommended to use the GME (Generic Mod Enabler)

this way you will have the opportunity to extend the potential of panzercorps.
You can create scenarios with a greater level of detail, but with greater difficulty in placing the new tiles.
be careful when you create a map
1) draw a base map and save it.
2) when you're really sure, generate a map and start to change the tiles with the ones you like.
remember there is no undo!

have fun

the OLD version MDM 1.0 (2011) click to download
Remember: this mod is the intellectual property of Massi - are not allowed to modify, copy or sell shares.

the old MDM2.0 (06/2012) You can download the mod by clicking this link
Massi
Last edited by massi on Sat May 28, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Massive Destruction MOD By massi

Post by Chris10 »

Congrats Massi...this is really a nice piece of work...thanks a bunch for all these new and awesome mapping possibilities...
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

Fantastic release, Massi! Many thanks and great to see you back in modding. :mrgreen:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Congratulations, massi.
This is just... massive. :D
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I commented on the other thread, but let me say this is really really a great thing to have and we are very much full of gratitude to Massi Destruction. This is one mod that I cannot imagine playing the game without. I am also sure there are Panzer Corps fans of the future who will discover this wonderful mod and others one day and find all the great things they can do with this fantastic game.

Massi has set a new standard for exciting maps and strategic realistic play variables because without his mods, those sorts of things would not be possible. If you ask me, Massi ought to be recruited to make the new map tiles for the upcoming Afrika Korps DLC.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Congrats indeed :) Thanks for all the work :)
Nils60
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Nils60 »

A heartfelt thank you for all the hours spent for such excellent work - and for sharing it freely with us. In being only a minor modder but more of a map and campaign maker it'll greatly help to improve my work.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

These look great, Massi. Thanks for the effort and time that has gone into producing them. Not to be negative I have a couple of comments:

- there doesn't seem to be a winter road set. When the winter tile set is used everything is white/snow except the roads. The roads also look a bit too wide when they connect to the roads in villages/cities etc.

- some of the stations should really be units. E.g. the coastal forts, and perhaps the tank traps. If engineers are to destroy the tank traps they have to be units. If the coastal forts are to fire they have to be units.

For purely cosmetic maps and features, this last observation is not relevant but in most cases the reason for the forts, mines, tank traps etc is to provide obstacles that can be removed by the player.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Re units it would be quite some additional work, but one could even make the fort etc. a unit, then place a terrain hex showing the destroyed fort below the unit, exactly at the same spot, with the same size (probably a bit fiddling needed to get it right).

In this way you'd have the destroyed gfx appear once the player took out the unit above. As said, just an idea, Massi has already done lots for us, but maybe it gives someone an idea...;)
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

Thanks to all my friends!
you're right El_Condoro
Some tiles have been better if they were units, but I am a land modderd and I never created units. bebro will help me for this :D !
true bebro to help me make the units of: costal forts, bunkers and new? :D :D if you want, it would be very nice
for tank traps you can use them as rivers, for now .. then with the next patch I will be sure a more complete version.
at the end, this big mod is very beta for now :oops: .
I still am open to collaborations with other mods for a package of very large mod, if someone wants.
Massi
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

bebro wrote:Re units it would be quite some additional work, but one could even make the fort etc. a unit, then place a terrain hex showing the destroyed fort below the unit, exactly at the same spot, with the same size (probably a bit fiddling needed to get it right).

In this way you'd have the destroyed gfx appear once the player took out the unit above. As said, just an idea, Massi has already done lots for us, but maybe it gives someone an idea...;)
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

It's excellent, massi. The things I have pointed out are minor compared to the overall product, which adds so much to the modder's arsenal. The things that could be units can be made so fairly easily, I think - just put them on a transparent alpha layer. Bebro's idea of a ruined version underneath the unit is great and could be extended to a number of structures.
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

El_Condoro wrote:The things that could be units can be made so fairly easily, I think - just put them on a transparent alpha layer.
yess great idea! ora ci provo!... hem ...I try to do it
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

yes! as you think
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

bravo!
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

a small variation

the anti-tank ditches work well

I did a test, and I turn the gun turret :D

I found a way to map.
1) I create the base map.
2) when I'm really sure I click on the generated tiles.
3) start working with the new graphics (gfx) and complete as I want
4) insert view strings
5) select the basic terrain tiles at left, but keep it on video the GFX on right.
6) select the tiles that I have escaped with the gfx (every time I press the space bar)
8) validated scene and play

I hope I explained myself. works well maybe I'll do some screenshots.
mapping is so much easier.

a question, the bocage blocks movement of the tanks???
Last edited by massi on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

There are so many good tiles and layers in this new mod, it's difficult even to pick favorites.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

If someone wanted to get a bit silly with the gun turrets they could make say 6 units pointing to each side of the hex and use the switch function to rotate the turret! :) I wouldn't waste my time but it can be done.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

massi wrote: Image
Excellent! If you need help just drop me a note. But so far it looks you do great on your own. Fine unit :)
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I have been working on some of my Ukraine maps and I want to say that a person can make a map that is virtually identical to a view from an airplane with the new hexes. The villages, scattered tree lines, crops and fields are just fantastic. Thank you again Massi. It is going to take me a long time to rework my maps, but I don't mind because when they are done, they will look like an aerial photo in color. A real joy to play on Panzer Corps. IF Lordz and Slitherine would utilize even a small portion of these new tiles, the future maps would look just outstanding. And IF they would work with you to do some tiles and terrain for Afrika Korps DLC, it will bring the play and visual level up to a much higher level.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”