Real Sound Mod Redux - 1.25 !!!!

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Real Sound Mod Redux - Update 1.3 !

Post by VPaulus »

You don't have to apologize Bob.
It's us, who are thankful for having created the SS mod and shared with us. :)
4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY »

VPaulus wrote:You don't have to apologize Bob.
It's us, who are thankful for having created the SS mod and shared with us. :)
Agreed.

I think it's VP's fault for not having spaces where they should be. :mrgreen:
GSlapshot
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by GSlapshot »

VP Do we have to download the real sound mods first and then overwrite/add/replace with Redux? Or can we just download Redux alone & install. Your directions imply that you started with the real sound mod and added/replaced with Redux.

Thanks for your work
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

No need to download Real Sound Mod.
Redux has all the files that you need. So just download and install 1.0, and after in this sequence: 1.1, 1.2 and finally 1.3 update.
Like you've already noticed they aren't cumulative.
If you're playing any DMP mod, Afrika Korps, Winterkrieg and Ostfront, there's also a special version of the Redux in the DMP forum. But that's only for DMP mods.
RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by RobertCL »

Redux has all the files that you need. So just download and install 1.0, and after in this sequence: 1.1, 1.2 and finally 1.3 update.
Like you've already noticed they aren't cumulative
Damned it!

I installed 1.0 and 1.3, I never used 1.1 and 1.2 because I wrongly read it was not useful...

I know what has happened to me... :oops:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

RobertCL wrote:
Like you've already noticed they aren't cumulative
Damned it!

I installed 1.0 and 1.3, I never used 1.1 and 1.2 because I wrongly read it was not useful...

I know what has happened to me... :oops:
Sorry. But if they were cumulative the file would become larger with which update.
Now you've to install (copy the files) them in the right order.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi Von Paulus,

I'm currently playing the grand campaign DLC 1942 (and also USMC BTW) with the real sound mod.

Has Siltherine ever considered putting it in the future official patch v 1.06 for Pz Corps ? It deserves its place!

Maybe the mod was designed by private persons and not by SIltherine, but I really think (Siltherine could use it with permission of owners) this was missing in the original game (sounds too similar, this mod brings a real added-value).
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks, Robert.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

RobertCL wrote:Hi Von Paulus,

I'm currently playing the grand campaign DLC 1942 (and also USMC BTW) with the real sound mod.

Has Siltherine ever considered putting it in the future official patch v 1.06 for Pz Corps ? It deserves its place!

Maybe the mod was designed by private persons and not by SIltherine, but I really think (Siltherine could use it with permission of owners) this was missing in the original game (sounds too similar, this mod brings a real added-value).
+1
Well said Robert :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
alex0809
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by alex0809 »

No doubt, there's no reason not to use this mod Paulus really balanced all sounds out perfectly so no sound is annoying or unfitting like in many other sound mods.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks guys. :)
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

Right on.

I cannot/will not fathom playing Panzer Corps without RSM.
Venge
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Venge »

For the Redux SFX mod can I just use the GME in the usual way to install it? These extra instructions made me question what i was doing, "In this Case just create a Mod folder with the name of the mod and copy the Audio folder with all the files of this pack."

Or is it just the same, throw it in the default Mod folder and use GME to enable it? I will giver a go and see where I end up :)
Venge

Post by Venge »

Hmm, ok, I must apologize for my inexperience, but when I downloaded the 1.0 RSM Redux I end up extracting 3 different files. I copy them into my panzer MODS folder that was created by GME and they show up in GME as Audio and Video and so on as separate folders to be enabled. Should I of created a RSM folder inside my GME created MOD folder to contain all the files?

For the various patches, I downloaded 1.0 into a folder, then downloaded 1.1 into the same folder which it just copied onto the old files, and then the same for 1.2 and 1.3. Just extracted them into the same folder I did with 1.0 Is this correct? lol

From there I threw them all into a folder I made called RSM 1.3 Complete, i copy pasted that into the MOD folder GME made. Then used GME to enable it.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Venge wrote:Hmm, ok, I must apologize for my inexperience, but when I downloaded the 1.0 RSM Redux I end up extracting 3 different files. I copy them into my panzer MODS folder that was created by GME and they show up in GME as Audio and Video and so on as separate folders to be enabled. Should I of created a RSM folder inside my GME created MOD folder to contain all the files?
No worries about your inexperience, there is a lot helpful people who don't mind at all to answer some questions and help you. If you got any questions, no matter which, just ask. We have a saying i Germany that translates roughly to: "There are no stupid questions". To come to the RSM installation yes you need to create a new folder inside the MOD folder. Which name you chose doesn't really matter as long you can recognize which mod it is so either RSM, "Real Sound Mod" or whatever you like works.
For the various patches, I downloaded 1.0 into a folder, then downloaded 1.1 into the same folder which it just copied onto the old files, and then the same for 1.2 and 1.3. Just extracted them into the same folder I did with 1.0 Is this correct? lol
Yes this sounds correct. Make sure to overwrite the present files when extracting the update packages. After extracting you can delete the zip files to safe some space but of course it doesn't hurt to keep them.
From there I threw them all into a folder I made called RSM 1.3 Complete, i copy pasted that into the MOD folder GME made. Then used GME to enable it.
Sounds exactly right. It should be working now.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks Tarrak. :)
You answered better than I, with my Portuguese English. :wink:

@Venge
You seem to be in the right way.
Like Tarrak said don't forget to create a subfolder with the mod name inside the MODS folder. Then copy to that folder those two folder (Audio and Graphics).
Here is an example:

1- The Folder where Panzer Corps is installed
2- The folder MODS created by GME
3- The folder with the mod
Venge

Post by Venge »

Awesome guys, i seem to have it sorted. Going back over my posts I can see I was 'thinking out loud' and posting as I went.
Love the new sounds :)
Thanks for the help!
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

What is the lied assigned to SS units zu fuss? It is unique to them and not other infantry. If I box them up (American slang for motor transport), I get motor sounds. If i move them zu fuss, I get this guttural marching song. What is it?

I recall a good quote from Barbara Tuchman's "The Gun's of August" about the horrors of guttural German marching songs, it makes me laugh a little. Nice touch. But I am dying to know, what is it? I speak a little German but I cannot understand it or figure out the song.

is it a line from the "SS marschiert?"
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

For the SS_Inf and SS_HW you have "Erika" and for the SS_Gebirgsjager I don't remember, but I think it was one Fallschirmjäger lied.
Unfortunately I've erased them from my hardisk. So I cannot be precise which one I used in the Gebirgsjäger unit. Although I have an extra 3 seconds piece of that lied that I intended to use in a SS Fallschirmjäger unit.
I can upload it to you, because in that section there weren't any guttural sounds (:lol:).
Unfortunately, our lied expert is absent from the forums, I could have asked him.
Kamerer

Post by Kamerer »

Ok so it is Erika I hear - did not know of it. The sound clip is good. I have two SS-Inf in my current GC, so I hear it frequently!

One the regular Gebirgsjager, the sound clip sounds more like axle or track noises (when you are moving them on foot, not mounted). Seems odd? Or perhaps I'm mis-interpreting it.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”