Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

DLM936
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by DLM936 »

Very glad that you included the Ctrl+M hotkey for the scenario briefing but wish it would have worked on campaigns that were saved before patch was applied but I understand it doesn't....

As the previous comment states, the "More Campaigns" sits half hidden on lower right but would look better on upper left next to the Campaigns button replacing the new Tutorial icon on left as the Tutorial Campaign already exists in center...

Also, the library looks great with additional info but will you be adding the naval units as well?

Minor point, would love to see a "Dosier" added like in PGII and PeG to keep track of overall wins/losses in the future.

Thanks for the improvements!
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

VPaulus wrote:
robman wrote:I hate to be so clueless, but what is the cheat code to enable the recovery of destroyed units?
I think it's:
reform units
Thanks!
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Rudankort wrote:
VPaulus wrote:I'm also considering to play with it enable. I think it's a good idea.
Guys, after you've tried it, please share your experience - how it changed the gameplay for you, and if it was a positive change or not. Thx! :)

Does this include units that surrender?

Once activated, does it remain activated through the next scenario and so on or do I have to activate it each step along the way?
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

my download broke on 99% (request timed out).Thank god I started the mirror posted above so I downloaded it faster.

Just a few questions:

The motorcycle inf anf flampanzer is available only from june 1941?
Mines/gliders only available in afrika korps campaigns?
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Is it possible with v.1.10
* to add a new terrain type
* to add a new movement type
* to add a new side (p.e. neutral)
* to add a new unit class
* to add a new theater?

What I have to to (new side: add new strplate, minimap-icons...) for a new terrain, movement-type, side, unit class, theater?
Please, explain me the usage of 5th and 6th strplate in the strplates.png.

Do you provide a version 1.05 for download? For older MODs?
Need I only a key to access the Afrik Corps? Because the scenarios / units are in the update.
Last edited by fsx on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
blackadder1968
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by blackadder1968 »

Gents, can you check/test the game updater ? Selecting 'update' from the game menu starts downloading, but after several hours, download finally completes then promptly crashes with an error. Twice now has occurred after completing, leaving me to start again. Now downloading for the 3rd time, via your web-site. Very frustrating. :(
dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by dragos »

ScottP wrote: [*]Unit info screen shows not only the number of kills the unit scored, but also the number of losses it took in the course of the game.
If I apply the patch in the middle of a DLC campaign, will the number of losses be already up to date or it will start from 0 ?
Bonners
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bonners »

Looking forward to this update (and getting Africa Corps); I love the game already but two little improvements stand out for players like me, the 'reform units' cheat and being able to quickly identify units that have heroes (I'm always too lazy to rename units with their bonuses!).

With the improved AI I think I'll go back to trying the GCs on the easiest level of difficulty again :mrgreen:

As mentioned above, it would be nice to have some confirmation on how the 'reform units' cheat works:

If we turn it on at the start of a scenario I presume it will continue to work throughout the scenario?

If we save a scenario, do we need to reapply the cheat next time we play, or will that cheat be remembered?

If playing through scenarios do we turn it on at the start of each scenario?

Is there a simple way to check if it is turned on or off?
orlinos
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by orlinos »

dragos wrote:
ScottP wrote: [*]Unit info screen shows not only the number of kills the unit scored, but also the number of losses it took in the course of the game.
If I apply the patch in the middle of a DLC campaign, will the number of losses be already up to date or it will start from 0 ?
No, I guess the losses were not internally tracked before, so they start from 0. The result - I'm in Lodz again, because I got curious, how will my statistics look after tough fighting. Right now my little Pak 36 seems to have become a champion!
Piotr 'Orlinos' Kozlowski
robman

Post by robman »

blackadder1968 wrote:Gents, can you check/test the game updater ? Selecting 'update' from the game menu starts downloading, but after several hours, download finally completes then promptly crashes with an error. Twice now has occurred after completing, leaving me to start again. Now downloading for the 3rd time, via your web-site. Very frustrating. :(
Same thing happened to me. I downloaded from the mirror linked to the Slitherine page, that not only worked but took 30 minutes instead of 3 hours. Then I used the internal update to check the installation, and it worked for that.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Blathergut wrote:Once activated, does it remain activated through the next scenario and so on or do I have to activate it each step along the way?
I think once it's activated it will stay permanently enabled.
krugec wrote:The motorcycle inf anf flampanzer is available only from june 1941?
Yes they are available after June 1941.
krugec wrote:Mines/gliders only available in afrika korps campaigns?
Yes and in future PzC campaigns, of course. They must be included through the editor. So the old scenarios/camapaign don't have it.
fsx wrote:Do you provide a version 1.05 for download? For older MODs?
No. Most older mods are compatible. The cosmetic ones like the Redux sound mod will be adapted. That is, if the modders are willing to do it.
fsx wrote:Need I only a key to access the Afrik Corps? Because the scenarios / units are in the update.
I bet you will need to download.
dragos wrote:If I apply the patch in the middle of a DLC campaign, will the number of losses be already up to date or it will start from 0 ?
Like Orlinos said, I think they weren't tracked before, so they will start from 0.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Is it now possible to see the difficulty level during a campaign?
Could someone explain the new traits?
Last edited by fsx on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

I just love the kradschutzen motorcyle infantry. I can't stop looking at them, and listen to the sound they make while moving or shooting, I'm in love!

I restarted my Rommel DLC41, they appear from Crete 1941. And now its time to unleash my motorcycle hordes on the unsuspecting world in barbarossa.

Also looking forward on using the Brumbar later on.
ScottP
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ScottP »

Hi gents, in case people were still having some issues with downloading the patch, here are some additional links:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/panzer_co ... ht.php#110
http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/8/2/patch/86743/
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/99273/ ... patch-1-10
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by ivanov »

I just let in download through the night and when I woke up the patch was ready for installation:)
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

"Reform units" works like a charm though it needs to be enabled at the start of each scenario. Would be really nice to have a sort of toggle option to see which cheats are currently enabled.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Resolute wrote:"Reform units" works like a charm though it needs to be enabled at the start of each scenario.
Are you sure. I haven't tested yet.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

VPaulus wrote:Are you sure. I haven't tested yet.
Yes, all cheats are limited to the current scenario.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

fsx wrote:Is it now possible to see the difficulty level during a campaign?
No, this was not added in 1.10.
fsx wrote:Could someone explain the new traits?
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=36289
Bonners wrote: As mentioned above, it would be nice to have some confirmation on how the 'reform units' cheat works:
If we turn it on at the start of a scenario I presume it will continue to work throughout the scenario?
If we save a scenario, do we need to reapply the cheat next time we play, or will that cheat be remembered?
If playing through scenarios do we turn it on at the start of each scenario?
Is there a simple way to check if it is turned on or off?
This cheat works the same as all other cheats: it lasts till the end of the scenario (unless deactivated manually), it is remembered when you save/reload, it does not apply to the next scenario automatically.

There is no way to see active cheats, at least none at the moment.
fsx wrote:Is it possible with v.1.10
* to add a new terrain type
* to add a new movement type
* to add a new side (p.e. neutral)
* to add a new unit class
* to add a new theater?
Unless I'm mistaken, the answer is: yes/yes/no/no/yes. I'll provide detailed instructions when the pre-release rush calms down a bit. In the future I hope to unlock adding new classes too, but I'm afraid that this game will remain limited to 2 sides. This limitation is so fundamental, I would need to change all game in order to support more than 2 sides.
fsx wrote: Do you provide a version 1.05 for download? For older MODs?
We shall see. Before the release I tested new version with about 10 diferent big user campaigns, like the three DMP campaigns for example, and did not find any issues. So, looks like all the mods should just work with new version.

BTW, I believe that 1.05 patch is still availabel on a number of third-party sites where it was uploaded back in 2011, so getting it should not be a problem, provided you have the base 1.0 game installer.
fsx wrote: Need I only a key to access the Afrik Corps? Because the scenarios / units are in the update.
In the future we might provide an unlocker tool, and, as you have noticed, we've put some infrastructure to aloow this in advance. But on 6th of August Afrika will become available only as a full installer. BTW, this installer can be installed on a fresh machine as a completely self-contained game, or on top of PzC as an expansion.
Blathergut wrote: Does this include units that surrender?
Yes.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Rudankort wrote:
fsx wrote: Do you provide a version 1.05 for download? For older MODs?
We shall see. Before the release I tested new version with about 10 diferent big user campaigns, like the three DMP campaigns for example, and did not find any issues. So, looks like all the mods should just work with new version.

BTW, I believe that 1.05 patch is still availabel on a number of third-party sites where it was uploaded back in 2011, so getting it should not be a problem, provided you have the base 1.0 game installer.
You can always have 1.05 has a mod in GME. Just make a folder in the GME "MODS" folder, called "PzC 10.5" (for example) and copy there all the files belonging to 1.05, before patching to 1.10.
Then you just have to activate, through GME, 1.05 if you want to use it, and deactivate it when you want to play with 1.10.
But please note that your saves made in 1.10 will not work in 1.05.

Return to “Panzer Corps”