Derby Teams 6th/ 7th October

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

hannibal
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Derby Teams 6th/ 7th October

Post by hannibal »

Please note new venue for this year at Donnington Park, just off J24

FOG Competition at Team Championships, Derby 6th/ 7th October 2012

The rules used will be the published version of FOG together with the latest errata
Scoring will be as per the score calculation sheet published on http://www.fieldofglory.com. Copies will be available at the competition. Scoring will be taken literally as shown on the sheet.

There will be 4 rounds of competition. Check-in is from 8:45 to 9:15 on Saturday with 1st round starting at 9:30, 2nd round at 2:00. On Sunday, round 3 starts at 9:00 and round 4 at 1:30. Games may start earlier than the designated time if both players agree, in which case the end time is unchanged.
15mm Competition

This will be a team competition. Entries are invited from teams of 3 people, each of whom should be entered into a different pool. Entries are also welcome from individuals, who will be combined into teams at the organiser’s discretion. It would be appreciated if any individual entrants could be flexible as to the pool they enter to assist this process. Due to the team nature of the competition, individuals cannot be guaranteed entrance, although every effort will be made to accommodate those who want to play.
Pools will be themed as follows:

Pool #1 – Decline of the Chariot (900 points)

Armies of the Mediterranean from 700 BC to 500 BC. Armies must be drawn from those listed below and must be dated in the range specified. Any allied contingents may be drawn from other lists as permitted by the main list and are therefore not limited to those below, provided that they also fall within the specified date range.
1 Etruscan League Lost Scrolls
2 Italian Hill Tribes Lost Scrolls
3 Early Libyan Swifter then Eagles
4 Early Carthaginian Immortal Fire
5 Thracian Immortal Fire
6 Classical Greek Immortal Fire
7 Kyrenean Greek Immortal Fire
8 Kushite Egyptian Swifter then Eagles
9 Late Dynastic Egyptian Immortal Fire
10 Neo-Assyrian Empire Swifter then Eagles
11 Neo-Babylonian Empire Swifter then Eagles
12 Elamite Swifter then Eagles
13 Median Empire Swifter then Eagles
14 Early Achaemenid Persian Immortal Fire
15 Later Hebrew Swifter then Eagles
16 Lydian Immortal Fire
17 Urartian Swifter then Eagles
18 Cimmerian or Early Skythian Swifter then Eagles
19 Skythian or Saka Immortal Fire

Pool #2 – Barbarians at the gates - decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire (800 points)

The Western Roman Empire and contemporaries from 376 AD to 550 AD. Armies must be drawn from those listed below and must be dated in the range specified. Any allied contingents may be drawn from other lists as permitted by the main list and are therefore not limited to those below, provided that they also fall within the specified date range.
1 Dominate Roman Legions Triumphant
2 Foederate Roman Legions Triumphant
3 Early Byzantine Decline and Fall
4 Early Scots-Irish Legions Triumphant
5 Later Scots-Irish Wolves from the Sea
6 Early Pictish Legions Triumphant
7 Later Pictish Wolves from the Sea
8 Early Welsh Wolves from the Sea
9 Post-Roman British Wolves from the Sea
10 African Vandal Decline and Fall
11 Early Visigothic & Vandal Legions Triumphant
12 Later Visigothic Decline and Fall
13 Early Anglo-Saxon, Bavarian, Frisian, Old Saxon or Thuringian Legions Triumphant
14 Early Frankish Legions Triumphant
15 Merovingian Frankish Wolves from the Sea
16 Early Ostrogothic Legions Triumphant
17 Italian Ostrogothic Decline and Fall
18 Gepid or Early Lombard Legions Triumphant
19 Western Hunnic Legions Triumphant
20 Early Alan Legions Triumphant

Pool #3 – Advent of gunpowder (850 points)

Any army with a date after 1425AD may be used, subject to the below

All armies must contain at least 3 "gunpowder" BGs with firearms or Artillery, including at least 1 BG with gunpowder-based artillery. Armies not able to field the necessary gunpowder battle groups are not permitted. Any allied contingents may be drawn from other lists as permitted by the main list and are not required to comply with the gunpowder battle group criteria, although any such battle groups provided by the allied contingent(s) count towards the minimum.

Competition Rules

Players must fully define their troops as they are placed on table.
Table size is 6' x 4' and players must supply their own terrain pieces. These must be to an acceptable standard, and the umpire will have the discretion to remove unsightly items. In addition all figures must be representative and painted and based to an acceptable standard.
Players must be present and ready to start the match at the appointed time. Where a player has a reasonable excuse for arriving late the match start will be delayed by up to 30 minutes, after which time the affected player will be awarded a bye and the late player 0 points. No player will be awarded more than one bye for any reason. A bye will carry 10 points for the duration of the tournament and will be adjusted at the end by inserting instead the average of the player’s real results, except that this may not be less than 10.
If a player resigns from a game at any stage after the first set up dice have been rolled their opponents will be awarded maximum points, and they will be awarded 0 points.
Time will be called after around 3 hours 15 mins playing time from the published start time. When time is called, play will continue until the end of the turn of the player who moved second, such that both players will have had an equal number of turns. Play will stop immediately before the joint action phase following this.
The draw will be made by team. The first round will be drawn at random and thereafter the usual modified Swiss Chess system will be used based on the aggregate score for each team.

Army List Format

Army lists should preferably be submitted by e-mail to the organiser, Marc Lunn (MLu120@aol.com) in excel AT LEAST 2 weeks before the date of the competition. Please do not send lists in with the competition entry. Anyone submitting a late list will be “outscouted” (for the first round only) and will deploy their entire army before their opponent, irrespective of the initiative roll. Once submitted, lists may not be amended except to correct errors identified by the list checker.
The list should clearly identify:
Participant name (plus e-mail address for communication)
Team
Army name
Army date
Available Territory Types
Pre-Battle Initiative Modifier
Geographical region, specific general, etc. where appropriate
Total Battle Groups
Army break point

For each battle group:
Order of March
Total number of bases
Full description of troops including type, armour, quality, training and POAs
Cost per base
Marc Lunn
Derby Wargames Society
hannibal

Re: Derby Teams 6th/ 7th October

Post by hannibal »

Hi, for the avoidance of doubt, we will be using FOG v1 for this tournament.

Marc
Marc Lunn
Derby Wargames Society
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

hannibal wrote:Hi, for the avoidance of doubt, we will be using FOG v1 for this tournament.

Marc
WHAT!!!!

And here was me expecting that we'd all get complimentary iPads when we registered....
Evaluator of Supremacy
Robert241167
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Robert241167 »

Hi Marc

Where are we sending the entries with cheques too and who are we making them payable too?

Thanks

Rob
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

Robert241167 wrote:Hi Marc - Where are we sending the entries with cheques too and who are we making them payable too?
Rob
Cheques payable to: Bob Amey

Entries for these periods should be sent to:

Derby Wargames Associates
53 Breedon Avenue
Littleover
Derby
DE23 1LR

Cheques should be made payable to: Derby Wargames Associates
MatteoPasi
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by MatteoPasi »

hannibal wrote:
Pool #3 – Advent of gunpowder (850 points)

Any army with a date after 1425AD may be used, subject to the below

All armies must contain at least 3 "gunpowder" BGs with firearms or Artillery, including at least 1 BG with gunpowder-based artillery. Armies not able to field the necessary gunpowder battle groups are not permitted. Any allied contingents may be drawn from other lists as permitted by the main list and are not required to comply with the gunpowder battle group criteria, although any such battle groups provided by the allied contingent(s) count towards the minimum.
Fogr army are allowded ? :twisted:
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby »

Thanks

Rob
Did you really lose your last game at Britcon 22-3 to Mameluks run by a Frenchmen - thus costing me 3rd place? :)
Pete
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

petedalby wrote:
Thanks

Rob
Did you really lose your last game at Britcon 22-3 to Mameluks run by a Frenchmen - thus costing me 3rd place? :)
Not quite - the Frenchman was using Later Hungarian. That would be the same frenchman I beat 20-5 in the first game ;)
Evaluator of Supremacy
Robert241167

Post by Robert241167 »

Correct Dave.

My 5th frenchman of the weekend and the luckiest. LOL

I can't complain about my dice but if I rolled 5 from 6 hits he would roll 6 from 6 !! :oops:

I took some early chances as I knew only 25-0 to me might get me a place. As it happened it wouldn't have....................sorry Pete. :cry:

Rob
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

MatteoPasi wrote:
They are definitely allowed in the Fog R tournament. :D

PM me if you fancy another trip to Britan, I'm sure we could find you a place in a team.
MatteoPasi
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by MatteoPasi »

kevinj wrote:
MatteoPasi wrote:
They are definitely allowed in the Fog R tournament. :D

PM me if you fancy another trip to Britan, I'm sure we could find you a place in a team.
I'm going to come as soon as my boss (wife) will let me, but not this time.
Next time I hope to play a double competition with Steve Hummond :)
Matteo
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

MatteoPasi wrote:with Steve Hummond - Matteo
This is a much better name than his parents gave him!!
MatteoPasi
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by MatteoPasi »

?
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

MatteoPasi wrote:?
The cuddly little chap is called Steve Hammond!
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Not quite - the Frenchman was using Later Hungarian. That would be the same frenchman I beat 20-5 in the first game
Oh dear......and that's the same Dave I beat 19 - 6!!
I took some early chances as I knew only 25-0 to me might get me a place. As it happened it wouldn't have....................sorry Pete.
Well it's good to know that you were trying! I forgive you.
Pete
lakedaimon
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by lakedaimon »

Ladies and Gents,

My planned team fell apart when their partners pulled the plug on Martyn and Andy, so I am now going cap in hand to join a team for Derby please in the FOG AM compeition.

I'm happy to put an army into either of the three periods although would prefer the latter two. If any one is short I would be grateful if I can join up.

David Bannister / wessex / email dcbannister@aol.com
rich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rich »

lakedaimon wrote:Ladies and Gents,

My planned team fell apart when their partners pulled the plug on Martyn and Andy, so I am now going cap in hand to join a team for Derby please in the FOG AM compeition.

I'm happy to put an army into either of the three periods although would prefer the latter two. If any one is short I would be grateful if I can join up.

David Bannister / wessex / email dcbannister@aol.com

Dave

I am doing pool2 all we need is a third.

Rich Love
lakedaimon

Post by lakedaimon »

Thanks Rich, with Graham roberts we have a team. Just need a name now and to choose an army list. Looks like I'm medieval
hannibal

Post by hannibal »

All, looking like we could have 16 teams so another good showing. There might be a place or 2 for anyone still interested - to make up the numbers on a team or 2. Please post on here or PM me.

Marc
Marc Lunn
Derby Wargames Society
davesaunders23

Post by davesaunders23 »

I've had to drop out of the FOGAM competition unexpected visitors unfortunately. grrrr.

Anyone interested in making up a third person for the central london team? I was down for medievals but that might well be swapable. there's even accommodation been booked if it helps...

dave

Return to “Tournaments”