Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strategy"

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strat

Post by Chris10 »

flakfernrohr wrote: Suffice to say that a great deal of "authentic" camouflage patterns and even colors would look like sh*t if modeled/skinned on Panzer Corps icons. One of the limitations is the amount of "detail" one can apply and the eye can detect on the icons in the game.
Very True :wink:
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Just finished the last soviet lend lease tanks which were not in the game but have been delivered in considerable numbers

Churchill MKIV, M4A1(75)W, Matilda_II

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Those look really good Chris. There were a number of Churchills at Kursk, Matilda's, etc. Also the final Soviet drive into Hungary from the Soviet Southern Ukraine Front contained I am told large numbers of Shermans.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Shrike wrote:Damn, I just realized I may have to upgrade my 7 year old rig if I want to be able to play your map :)
Now its about time for an upgrade, isnt it ? :P

You are right, I've started gathering components to do just that :) Your mod looks more amazing every time I check this thread; keep up the good work!
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

___________________________________UPDATE 19.08.2012_____________________________________

New game concept:RTW
Respect Transport Weight

While updating to new file format I rework the entire equipment file to assign realistic transport capacity to all units

There is various new possibilities for air transport and ground transport too

Air
All equipment up to 1,2 t can be lifted by Glider DFS-230
All equipment over 1.2t up to 1.5t can be lifted by Ju-52
All equipment over 1.5t up to 11t will be lifted by Me-323 Gigant (I wonder why it has the glider trait when its a transport plane :roll: )

All values assigned due to individual equipment weight from a weight table I elaborated.

Same concept applys to ground transport and towed ART/AT
SdKfZ 250 and 251 will be exclusively for Infantry transport from now on...they were not meant to tow even if they did in special circumstances but maintaining the range and velocity while towing would not reflect the circumstances very well.

Along the way Iam planning of introducing some other very important Wehrmacht transport/towing vehicles which have been skipped in the vanilla game design

Only problem is where to get some quality icons who fit with vanilla styla and angle
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Chris10 wrote:___________________________________UPDATE 19.08.2012_____________________________________

New game concept:RTW
Respect Transport Weight

While updating to new file format I rework the entire equipment file to assign realistic transport capacity to all units

There is various new possibilities for air transport and ground transport too

Air
All equipment up to 1,2 t can be lifted by Glider DFS-230
All equipment over 1.2t up to 1.5t can be lifted by Ju-52
All equipment over 1.5t up to 11t will be lifted by Me-323 Gigant (I wonder why it has the glider trait when its a transport plane :roll: )

All values assigned due to individual equipment weight from a weight table I elaborated.

Same concept applys to ground transport and towed ART/AT
SdKfZ 250 and 251 will be exclusively for Infantry transport from now on...they were not meant to tow even if they did in special circumstances but maintaining the range and velocity while towing would not reflect the circumstances very well.

Along the way Iam planning of introducing some other very important Wehrmacht transport/towing vehicles which have been skipped in the vanilla game design

Only problem is where to get some quality icons who fit with vanilla styla and angle
I have a bunch of truck and halftrack variations. Some came from the vanilla game, some from Churchy, some from DMP and others. Some of them are a fairly close match to the vanilla stuff. LMK
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

flakfernrohr wrote: I have a bunch of truck and halftrack variations. Some came from the vanilla game, some from Churchy, some from DMP and others. Some of them are a fairly close match to the vanilla stuff. LMK
yeah..lets see...I made the Ford Maultier already ...what else is on the menu ?
Raupenschlepper Ost ? schwerer Wehrmachstschlepper ?
SdKfZ 9 Famo ?
Whats on trucks ?
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

I have been slowly working on some icons, but every time someone seems to have had the same idea already and has been quicker to post a decent one. I have finished a simple Opel Maultier copy/paste job already, no 3d icon to go with it however. I had been busy on a couple of switchable AAA icons, but guille1434 seems to have it already covered. I have almost finished a Fiat 626 truck (just need to adjust the shadow now), but it turns out to have been done already, too. I think I will just save all my designs for a little mod or something, but in my current tempo this will take forever...

The existing Sd.Kfz. 7 icon can be combined with the Sd.Kfz. 251 'chassis' to make the Sd.Kfz 11, a Zugwagen (Tractor) for medium artillery etc., I have been sizing it up already and made a rough template. But I work very slowly, so I don't know if it's worthwile to continue. By the time I have a decent icon I'm sure some will have posted similar designs. Here are a few finished samples, to give you an idea, the FlaK took quite a while because I had to layer the barrel/breech assembly as a whole and used a pixel-by-pixel touch-up to make it more 'stock' looking. The Maultier was a quick job. Oh, and the Maultier tracks are not the same as the ones from the stock Maultier Nebelwerfer, due to scale differences and my laziness.

I'm still not sure whether the Maultier in the game has been modeled on the Opel Maultier chassis or the SWS, it's a big difference between them in weight and capability. The scale seemed to indicate the SWS, the shape however was more like the Opel. I just used a 'generic' Carden-Lloyd suspension from an Italian tank to model the Opel suspension in the end, although I'm not very satisfied with it. This attitude also is one of the reasons why it takes so long, I'm not easily satisfied, so I tweak things endllessly.

But if you're interested in something in particular, let me know, I might be able to help you out. If you're not in a hurry, that is.
Attachments
3.7_cm_FlaK_37_AT.png
3.7_cm_FlaK_37_AT.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
Opel_Maultier.png
Opel_Maultier.png (28.77 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Chris10 wrote:
flakfernrohr wrote: I have a bunch of truck and halftrack variations. Some came from the vanilla game, some from Churchy, some from DMP and others. Some of them are a fairly close match to the vanilla stuff. LMK
yeah..lets see...I made the Ford Maultier already ...what else is on the menu ?
Raupenschlepper Ost ? schwerer Wehrmachstschlepper ?
SdKfZ 9 Famo ?
Whats on trucks ?
I owe you the skins and thumbs and infantry masks (which I am getting done for you now) and so I will make a truck file also. Have many masked that look pretty good in the right camo. Also some halftracks.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

ThvN: Your icons are excellent! Yes, I have been making tha AT versions for AA units, but my work is not as detailed as yours... By the way if you used layers, etc... may be your skills are more advanced than mine... I was thinking if this beauty of 3.7 cm gun could be tranformed in a 3.7 cm Flakzwilling... This was a double barrel gun mounting (one on top of the other) which also had a taller shield... Maybe you can tackle this "project" using part of the work already done by you...
I attach some pics which found in the net, may be they help...
Attachments
3.7 cm Flakzwilling 43 photo.jpg
3.7 cm Flakzwilling 43 photo.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 6770 times
37mm_Zwillingsflak_cover.jpg
37mm_Zwillingsflak_cover.jpg (97.39 KiB) Viewed 6770 times
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

___________________________________UPDATE 23.08.2012_____________________________________

After working very hard I have the german unit roster, including all unique Regiments, Divisions and Air Wings, as good as complete.
374 German entrys for the new build equipment file are considerable.

In an attack of pathological perfectionism I have thrown away most units and reskinned carefully ALL unique ground units, including infantry uniforms, with cautiously chosen skins and colors for assuring variety yet still a highly coherent and consistent color experience...no super fancy camo thingis anymore but belivable coloring within the game enviroment.

There is still a few things to amend but it doesnt look to bad. Of course if I can do a better coloring for one or another unit I will change it...will look into 3-4 units while looking at this selection now...so...not 100% final here
Next is all minors and then the russian unit roster

Those watching closely will find a few new units too to close some gaps but it wouldnt make big sense to incorporate dozens of new unit types as this would clutter up gameplay. Whats really new is 2 recon type planes,new transports for later war and some new artillerys

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

My God is this gonna be awesome!!!!!!!

Excellent work Chris,,,simply superb.......Kudos!!!!!
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
LostAgain
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by LostAgain »

Ok, you lost me...why are there SE aircraft?
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

airbornemongo101 wrote:My God is this gonna be awesome!!!!!!!

Excellent work Chris,,,simply superb.......Kudos!!!!!
thnx Bob.. :) making a little progress ...
LostAgain wrote:Ok, you lost me...why are there SE aircraft?
yeah...I let them be..maybe I gonna rename and use them , maybe not
In the meantime they are placeholders...
They wont be ingame :D
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

When I think of ALL those units on all those detailed maps, well it's just really something. That is one hell of a unit group...............I don't feel so guilty now about having lots of units to choose from on my personal unit rosters! I just hope Chris' brain doesn't explode before he completes this thing. LOL :lol:
RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by RobertCL »

Excellent work!!!

Any idea of expected release date ?

Congrats for all work carried out so far, it looks promising!
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

RobertCL wrote:Excellent work!!!
Any idea of expected release date ?
Congrats for all work carried out so far, it looks promising!
thnx...very kind of you :)
No idea for release though...amount of work involved here is overwhelming
I dont wanna even think about the moment I start filling the map and all the scripting with the hundreds if not thousands
of triggers... :shock:
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

___________________________________UPDATE 24.08.2012_____________________________________

Continuing to build the equipment file

Note: Not all Italian untis will be used as the Italian contribution to the campaign was rather modest but it was easier to copypaste the entire block :P

As well I would like everybody to bear in mind that this is divisional/brigade level and not every fancy piece of equipment can be modelled...especially when talking about the very minors like Slovakia, Hungary or Bulgaria. If Finland had 3 captured T-34 then they wont get a unit of T-34 ingame cause this would be around 100 tanks :mrgreen:
All credits for units to their creators..

Everybody: I have no clue whatsoever where the custom units come from..drop me a PM about the units you made so I can include you in the credits

ITALY

SLOVAKIA and HUNGARY
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Chris, I made those units for GTPG v2.0, but perhaps you can find a purpose for them as well.

Captured german units in soviet service.
T-1,T-2,T-3,T-4,T-5,T-6,T-38(t)A,Su-75,Su-88,Su-105
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY »

The Tiger wheels are all the same color :|

IF it would make a more realistic result, you can match the wheels with the base coat using DCS. With enough camos options to choose from, you can always find a match to lock in for the wheels and/or barrel. I could help with this.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”