FOG2PC version stopping loading!

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

thefrenchjester
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

FOG2PC version stopping loading!

Post by thefrenchjester »

Hi,

I have bought the PC version of FOG2 and the companion;
loading is stopping around 20% and does the same for the companion

my PC is a pentium with windows 7 (with 6go ram)
uninstalled it , re installed it and nothing .....

I hope it will be solved;

Gilles " thefrenchjester"

thefrenchjester wrote:

thefrenchjester wrote:Hi,

just bought the PC version of the ruleset and the first companion

payement: done!
register: done !
download the reader: done !
click an image to view : " loading issue- please wait......" LOL

thefrenchjester " still waiting issue........"

still loading.............

less than one month to have the hard back paper book , it's cool

still the same message and stopped at the same stage ????????

anyboby who knows if the PC version is ok or not ?????

thanks in advance ;

thefrenchjester " still not loaded "

thefrenchjester " 21th century wargamer "

Hi Shadowdragon,
yes a PC version, same problem on mine as yours, staying at 20% loading, I have AVG as internet security and it seems not coming from there;
same cost for nothing for the moment
I hope the support will solve the problem before the release of the POD version
too bad .....

thefrenchjester " 100% paid, 20% loaded "
shadowdragon
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: FOG2PC version stopping loading!

Post by shadowdragon »

My problem was slightly different...

Registration didn't work...or so it says ("Serial Number doesn't exist"), but I was still able to open (launch) the reader and download both the Rule and Rise of Rome issues.

When I click on Rise of Rome, the reading window opens up and the messages cycle through "loading issue", "loading cover flow" and then the title page appears, but when I try to read the Rules, it stops at "loading issue". I've deleted and re-downloaded the Rules book and still have that problem I've uninstalled and reinstalled the reader and still the same problem (disabled the firewall to do so just in case).
shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon »

shadowdragon wrote:My problem was slightly different...

Registration didn't work...or so it says ("Serial Number doesn't exist"), but I was still able to open (launch) the reader and download both the Rule and Rise of Rome issues.

When I click on Rise of Rome, the reading window opens up and the messages cycle through "loading issue", "loading cover flow" and then the title page appears, but when I try to read the Rules, it stops at "loading issue". I've deleted and re-downloaded the Rules book and still have that problem I've uninstalled and reinstalled the reader and still the same problem (disabled the firewall to do so just in case).
I solved the registration problem:

When you click on the "register button" the registration web page has the wrong game. The game that shows up is "Field of Glory - Digital version". The correct version should be "Field of Glory Ancients and Medieval 2.0 Reader".

I did manage to register by loading the registration page without the game identifier in the internet address and I was able to register with "Field of Glory Ancients and Medieval 2.0 Reader".

However, the v2.0 rules issue still won't load.
thefrenchjester

Post by thefrenchjester »

thanks Shadowdragon, done the registration with your advices and as yours it doesn't load;

hope it will be solved;

Best regards

thefrenchjester
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

shadowdragon wrote: I solved the registration problem:

When you click on the "register button" the registration web page has the wrong game. The game that shows up is "Field of Glory - Digital version". The correct version should be "Field of Glory Ancients and Medieval 2.0 Reader".

I did manage to register by loading the registration page without the game identifier in the internet address and I was able to register with "Field of Glory Ancients and Medieval 2.0 Reader".
How did you get the registration page to load without the digital version name - it seems 'hard coded' on my MAC registration page.
zaknafir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by zaknafir »

Hi,

I've got the same problem (PC versión stop loading):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers from Spain,
Javier
shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon »

Try this....and it will take up some of your time!

1) Uninstall the ereader (and delete downloaded books)
2) Uninstall your internet security / antivirus software - even if it doesn't appear to be the problem
3) Reboot
4)Install the ereader (and download books)
5) Install your security software (followed by another reboot)

Hopefully it should work.
zaknafir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by zaknafir »

shadowdragon wrote:
1) Uninstall the ereader (and delete downloaded books)
2) Uninstall your internet security / antivirus software - even if it doesn't appear to be the problem
3) Reboot
4)Install the ereader (and download books)
5) Install your security software (followed by another reboot)

Many thanks.

... but i've given all the above stepts and problem persists :(
Last edited by zaknafir on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

shadowdragon wrote: 2) Uninstall your internet security / antivirus software - even if it doesn't appear to be the problem
There would the no be no way I am buying the PC version if I have to disable security to download it.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon »

philqw78 wrote:
shadowdragon wrote: 2) Uninstall your internet security / antivirus software - even if it doesn't appear to be the problem
There would the no be no way I am buying the PC version if I have to disable security to download it.
Apparently we must trust them even if they don't....oh, well.... :wink:

But I certainly won't be happy if I have to do that every time there's an upgrade. I'm using a blog-standard security program. One shouldn't have to do that to install a program.
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

shadowdragon wrote:But I certainly won't be happy if I have to do that every time there's an upgrade. I'm using a blog-standard security program. One shouldn't have to do that to install a program.
Perhaps it was a FoG2 Botnet that did the denial of service attack on HSBC yesterday?
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

I run a version of Norton provided by Comcast, my ISP. I was able to download and run the V2 e-reader and the rules without any issues. Norton did warn me that the file was new and unknown when I downloaded but gave me the option to accept the file or to delete it. After accepting it I didn't encounter any further issues with the installation and running the reader for the V2 rules. (Given how unimpressive the e-reader is and that there aren't any major changes to RoR, I haven't decided whether I'll but that yet.)

At worst, I would think you would only need to temporarily disable your security software to download the e-reader and content. I cannot see any good reason why you should need to actually uninstall and re-install your security package. If that is necessary, it definitely strikes me that Abannan has done something significantly wrong in their implementation.

It is very encouraging to see that Abannan support does appear to be actively monitoring this forum.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon »

batesmotel wrote:I run a version of Norton provided by Comcast, my ISP. I was able to download and run the V2 e-reader and the rules without any issues. Norton did warn me that the file was new and unknown when I downloaded but gave me the option to accept the file or to delete it. After accepting it I didn't encounter any further issues with the installation and running the reader for the V2 rules. (Given how unimpressive the e-reader is and that there aren't any major changes to RoR, I haven't decided whether I'll but that yet.)

At worst, I would think you would only need to temporarily disable your security software to download the e-reader and content. I cannot see any good reason why you should need to actually uninstall and re-install your security package. If that is necessary, it definitely strikes me that Abannan has done something significantly wrong in their implementation.

It is very encouraging to see that Abannan support does appear to be actively monitoring this forum.

Chris
Unfortunately, uninstalling was indeed necessary (and it was the initial advice provided by tech support). Before doing that I had tried disabling the security software but had no luck with it. Tried a couple of other things but finally did what tech support suggested uninstall the security software.

Agree that it's a problem that needs fixing since you don't want to be recommending that to customers - with differing degrees of IT awareness.
abannanSupport
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by abannanSupport »

We are looking into the issues with anti-virus software and hopefully will have a solution early next week.

Thanks

Lawrence
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

Interestingly I have the same issue using Norton anti virus and no I have no desire to uninstall it ,however it has worked on Lyndas laptop also using Norton.
Yes I have bought it ,I will be buying the book ,there is no way that I will be able to use this at a competition,give me a book any time ,it does look good though
David
Tirithon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Tirithon »

abannanSupport wrote:We are looking into the issues with anti-virus software and hopefully will have a solution early next week.

Thanks

Lawrence
This is really quite unacceptable. I mean surely someone tested this to make this wouldn't be an issue? It's not as though running anti-virus software is uncommon. I'm running Norton and I've had the same problems as others here - I've uninstalled, deleted everything, downloaded and re-installed twice and it still won't work.

I can tell you now I am NOT temporarily disabling my anti-virus software and definitely NOT uninstalling it.

I quietly have defended this choice of delivery (including using a proprietary e-reader) to some very skeptical friends – who now think it is hilarious that it doesn't work properly - I guess humble pie will be being served at my place for some time!

I'm very disappointed by this - I trust the solution will be quick in arriving.
zaknafir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by zaknafir »

I've unistalled my antivirus (Avast) and the problem remains.

Cheers,
Javier
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. Yes this was all tested extensively and worked in all of the tests. We're not sure why users are having lots of issues we didn't see but are looking in to it.

The more info you can give us about your PC the better. Hardware, OS, Anti virus software, firewalls etc. Thanks for your patience and we'll get this resolved ASAP.
zaknafir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by zaknafir »

IainMcNeil wrote: The more info you can give us about your PC the better. Hardware, OS, Anti virus software, firewalls etc. Thanks for your patience and we'll get this resolved ASAP.
Windowx XP, antivirus Avast (disabled), windows firewall (disabled).

Cheers,
Javier
zaknafir
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by zaknafir »

More details about my pc:

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack3